REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #6101
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
this was pretty funny, charles' first pick lmfao

Advertisement
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #6102
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

MWP is a fucking idiot. His fake nice guy personality comes out at the worst time for his team

Last edited by wasabisashimi; 04-23-2012 at 01:02 AM.
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #6103
Fanboy

UFC style
Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #6104
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ lol, I guess he saw all the elbows Jon Jones threw at Rashad, wanted to give it a try... But on the real, it's obvious from watching the actual incident that Harden went out of his way and stepped into Artest on purpose... he didn't deserve an elbow to the dome, but I would have tossed his ass aside too if I was Ron....
Now as far as his "concussion" I call bullshit....
If you saw the game, you would have seen Harden at first laying perfectly still on the floor, and his team huddled up around him, then dude started flailing his legs in the air wildly like he got shot or somethin.. I caught a huge whiff of bullshit right when I saw that, cuz everyone knows when you get knocked out from a shot in the head, the last fuckin thing you're gonna have full control over is your damn legs

He needs to shave that fckin beard too, that Rick Ross (the rapper) style beard is actually a Philadelphia ni@@a beard rocked by Philly OG's in the prison system like the real Philly gangster Rick Ross.... it's one of those things you earn not just grow, just fckin play ball and don't try to be a tough guy....

The only positive from this for Ron Artest will be for the rest of the players in the league, if they thought he was goin soft this is a reminder to everyone he plays from now on until he retires that he will still knock you the fck out if you get cute with him....
and honestly I'm callin it right now, Ron is done after this season, he's not comin back next year... he was gonna call it quits before this season, and now I think after this Stern is basically gonna unofficially ban him from coming back to the league.... my guess, he retires and goes into heavyweight boxing like he said he would after he's done with ball

Last edited by G-spec; 04-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #6105
RS controls my life!

^
Well said about Ron. I still love the guy though lol

And regarding your question about metro league at the Oval. It's pretty competitive, there are division 1 & 2 leagues depending on what level you wanna play on.

It run's every Monday and we are just wrapping up the season this week with play off games.
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #6106

^ thanks for the heads up, I played Kings last year but got stuck with a bunch of guys who were more into arguing one another than trying to win so didnt wanna go back, I been playin casually over at Kits/Kerrisdale last few months just to keep runnin and there's real good players there in terms of goin 1 on 1 against them, but it's not competitive enough since it's co-ed you have to have 3 guys and 2 girls on at all times... and no refs either, fcking non stop hack fest

I remember on Metro League their Vancouver Basketball website a while back it said you can pay like $250 and they'll put you on a team.... cant check it now, website is down but I'm gonna drop by one of these Mondays and talk to the guy in charge see if I can still get placed on a div 1 team for summer time
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #6107
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
^ If you want in the Cambie league, one of the team's dropped last minute; That said, I dunno if you'd be able to get a team together by this Thursday....It's pretty competitive; I'm running on a team with Joey.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #6108

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
But on the real, it's obvious from watching the actual incident that Harden went out of his way and stepped into Artest on purpose... he didn't deserve an elbow to the dome, but I would have tossed his ass aside too if I was Ron....
There's no way you can say that Harden went out of his way and stepped into Artest on purpose.....Watch it again from the camera that's at a distance...Harden is simply stepping out of the key to get in a good position to catch the inbound pass, and it especially seems he wanted to get in an outer position relative to Artest...which makes sense; any decent player knows to catch the inbound pass after a bucket at an angle in case someone is going to attempt a steal/interception from behind...Had Artest passed Harden on the outer end like he did, Artest could've turned around and snuck around Harden, again from the outer end of the court, to steal the ball from him....I think you'll retract those comments after watching again closely.

Last edited by bballguy; 04-23-2012 at 12:30 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #6109

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
There's no way you can say that Harden went out of his way and stepped into Artest on purpose.....Watch it again from the camera that's at a distance...Harden is simply stepping out of the key to get in a good position to catch the inbound pass,
I just watched it again and I also think that Harden went to MWP's way not thinking he would catch the elbow. Sure, you can that it's an inbound positioning or what not but after the dunk, the entire lakers team on the floor were pretty much running back to half court already. You can see that Westbrook was already open for the inbound pass.

The thing about nba players is they don't like ppl showing off when a player dunks on their team so they either bump them or push or whatever.. This is why I think Harden tried to stop MWP's celebration.

it was just unfortunate though...

One last thing

MWP > Ibaka by 1st round TKO lol.. Make it happen Dana white!

Last edited by 411ken; 04-23-2012 at 09:54 AM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #6110
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
What do you think the suspension will be for MWP? It will be really interesting to see how he explains his elbow motion to the league disciplinarian.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #6111
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
ron's a repeat offender, intentional or not i dont think the league will let him off easy
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #6112
Fanboy

Did you guys see his tweet after the game?
Something along the lines that "I hope James Harden is okay"
Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #6113
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

No way to defend Artest's elbow. If any fan defends it, they aren't being honest with themselves.

Artest has a long history.
-drinking cognac in the dressing room before games early in his career
-applied for a job at circuit city during his rookie year
-attended practice with pacers in bath robe
-In 2003 he was suspended for 3 games for destroying a tv camera at MSG
-In 2003 he was suspended for 4 games for a confrontation with Pat Riley
-In 2005 he was suspended for 2 games for asking for a month off because he was tired from promoting his album
-In 2004 he was suspended for what turned out to be 73 regular season games and 13 playoff games for going into stands to confront fan who threw a drink at him
Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #6114

^I'm being real here but those examples doesn't really involved throwing a cheap shot to a player to this level (elbow).. Who even knows what Harden's intentions were when he took the lane where artest was celebrating This kingkong style.. If it was other players, i bet same thing cud've possibly happened or atleast some pushing involved for sure.
Then again, we will all have different opinions on this so no point of really going back and forth

But an elbow hurt another player so as a huge lakers fan, if a severe suspension was given then that's fine by me.

One thing is for sure, MWP needs to just change his name back to Ron Artest.

Last edited by 411ken; 04-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #6115

I'm not defending his elbow, a simple shove would have done just fine but Harden clearly side stepped left into Artest and it's exactly for the reason Ken outlined. He wanted to cut Artest's celebration short, didn't work out that way though and he got bowed instead.
I'd go with the same theory as ballguy cuz the inbounds thing he talkin bout makes perfect sense, but Russell always brings the ball up when he's on the floor and he's wide open nobody near him (Kobe is 10 feet away backpedaling)

look at the vid here starting at the 8 second mark exactly you see Artest is at the bottom of the key where the first defensive player stands when free throws are being shot, and he's actually even dashing out of the key area....
And Harden is standing at the very top of the restricted charge half circle right under the front of the rim and he sidesteps left from that spot directly into Artest who like I said is actually vacating the paint area. But the angle that gives it away for me clearly is at the :38 second mark you clearly see Harden nudging himself into Artest... and I would have STILL given Harden the benefit of the doubt if he was off balance or something, but he started his movements from pretty much a dead stop he was in full control of his body....
and honestly I would have given Harden an pass on this if they were playing @ Oklahoma, because it's the right thing to do, you don't let nobody king kong on your homecourt, but they were playin @ Staples, and it was just the wrong place and wrong time, and definitely the wrong guy to artest

Last edited by G-spec; 04-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #6116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
^ If you want in the Cambie league, one of the team's dropped last minute; That said, I dunno if you'd be able to get a team together by this Thursday....It's pretty competitive; I'm running on a team with Joey.

thanks for the heads up but yea u right probably not, but hey if you know Joe then you probably know Yash, Alan and those guys, are they running on your team too or is Joey running with a bunch of random guys like he did at the westcoast classic the other month?
did you run with joe at the classic too ? I ran with yash alan and them, but we lacked size and had to run in div 2
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #6117

oh and fck yea, he ain't comin back after this season my best guess, Artest is a habitual line stepper, no doubt

Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #6118
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
A switch to some positive news. Who is your pick for the NBA's Most Improved Player award? I'm picking Jeremy Lin despite Ryan Anderson also being a serious contender.

Lin has accomplished the most this season from being a benchwarmer to a starting point guard. Although he's only played thirty five games, I still think he's played enough to earn the award.

Linsanity: February and March. Twenty-seven games, 25 starts, 17.9 points, 7.4 assists and 44.5 percent shooting in 33.1 minutes. The season-long numbers: 35 games, 25 starts, 14.6 points, 6.2 assists, 44.6 percent shooting and 26.9 minutes.

NBA.com article.

Through twists and a sudden stop, Lin earns Most Improved | NBA.com
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #6119
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Lin for sure. From the end-of-bench reject that everybody waived to superstardom. You don't improve much more than that.

Ryan has been great but hes not even close.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #6120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Lin for sure. From the end-of-bench reject that everybody waived to superstardom. You don't improve much more than that.

Ryan has been great but hes not even close.
Ehhh....SUPERstardom??....

Also, Lin only played for 26 games after his break-out out of the 66 games this season.......Not much of a sample size....Can you really give somebody the award based on such a little sample size? In my opinon, no, but they will give it to him anyway because that's what will get the NBA more viewers/followers. Nobody cares about Ryan Anderson.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #6121
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
fcking LOL

!

LAC is a disgrace to the NBA, I guess Reggie is learning a thing or two from CP3 and Griffin

found this on the internet

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #6122

Really, Reggie?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #6123
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
This guy makes some sick videos

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #6124
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Artest got 7 game suspension for that ... but there's only 1 game left in the season so he'll miss the entire first round and maybe the 2nd round if the Lakers sweep, but they probably won't need him in the first round anyway ... if they match up with Denver they should just drag it out to game 5 or 6 ... but if they get Dallas ... hmm ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #6125

7 games is fair.

Denver is controlling their match-up. Their remaining games: OKC won't catch San Antonio and will most likely rest their starters. Minny is done.

I also think Denver prefers the Lakers over OKC. LA won't sweep Denver. Nobody in the West is good enough to sweep anybody. I'm thinking 6 games but it will be close.