REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #6201
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
lol @ the description
Quote:
What happened is either one of these situations:

1. LeBron James' neck snapped and his spine broke, and miraculously God helped him live to win Game 1.

2. Tyson is a fucking monster and hates LeBron James.
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #6202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
fuck I'm pissed! Rose tore his ACL, I feel really bad for him he saw this coming himself. He complained about the Bulls medical team not even two weeks ago, they were taping his ankles up so tight last few weeks he actually accumulated fluid in there and had to get it drained out....

They sent him to play with suspect ankles not strong enough to withstand what he typically does on the court so his knees had to pick up the extra stress and slack, unfortunately it gave out and he tore an ACL...
Same shit happened to me when I started playing too early on a bum ankle, I sprained my knee and was out for an extra month... it's common fucking sense, I know it's the playoffs and all they want him out there, but when you got your star player questioning your methods saying something is wrong, you gotta pay attention....
and it doesnt help that Thibbs is well known for playing his guys heavy minutes right when they come back from injuries

Rose won't be 100% even at the start of next season, we just may be witnessing the downfall of his freak athleticism right now ...

Shumpert is out with a sprained knee himself, it was a killing field today that Heat Knicks game
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #6203

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamemiya View Post
I don't see what else could the coach have done to prevent Rose's injury. If anything, I thought it was the player's own style of play that caused the injury. Rose has always take these huge hop steps in different direction, twisting and turning in mid air to get his shot off or pass it off. Wouldn't it be a matter of time before it catches up to him where he gets off balance once, and lands awkwardly?

The moment he jumped, he was already off balance, and he does all this ball movement while in mid air to see who's opened, and loses his balance even more, and in the end, lands awkwardly and injures himself, at least that's how I see it.

It's definitely a disappointing injury for Rose, and hope he recovers soon.

I hope he recovers in time and 100% for next season, shit is sad to see and frustrating knowing other people were pretty much responsible.... i dont put blame on the coach, i blame the Bulls medical staff.. its all in my above post

as far as the injury, Thibbs is infamous for playing his star players high minutes on literally their first game back from injury... in my above post i was talking about weak ankles and knees and other parts of your body having to pick up the extra slack.. Can't say this wouldn't have happened if his ankles were healthy, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have.. look how high he exploded into the air, healthy ankles healthy ligaments and tendons would have been able to normally dissipate all the forces properly.... lookin at the vid it's freaky to see how high he even flew up after the actual tear... let me see if i can find the vid....
I can attest to this personally I've had numerous ankle injuries, and the first month or so after coming back from all of my ankle injuries I always felt discomfort in both of my knees until my ankles get to 100%

I saw how he took off and you could literally see his knee buckle, I'm no expert and I know I come off like a smartass sometimes in this thread but I'm not, I'm just passionate about the game and like sharing my thoughts on everything related with you guys, but the way his knee buckled, I'm certain this was a result from playing on bum ankles...

damn look how high he took off, dude jumps higher while tearing his acl than most people do fully healthy... this some sad shit

Last edited by G-spec; 04-28-2012 at 07:51 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #6204
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Orlando steals game 1. Unbelievable mistake by Granger on the travel in the fourth quarter. Good D. by Davis on Granger. That was a costly turnover.

Go OKC!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #6205
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
2 torn ACL's in one day...

Shump & Rose... hope their athleticism will return 100%
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #6206
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
btw anybody see lebrons horrid floppin today... he did have a sick game tho lol i give him that
Not horrid if it works!!
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #6207

OKC/Dallas should be a great series...
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #6208

did they say Shumpert tore his ACL too ? i thought I heard them say it was just a sprain ??

dallas okc game has me on the edge of my seat, love playoff ball!

btw picked up my shoes today.... i tried the other elites as well Kobes and Hyperdunks and they felt super cheap, even cheaper than their base model counterparts, the exterior materials felt very cheap and plasticy ... if you guys are lookin at any of the elite series, I highly recommend the Lebrons....
gotta wait a while for the white ones to be restocked, want a pair of those too

Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #6209

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
did they say Shumpert tore his ACL too ? i thought I heard them say it was just a sprain ??
Iman Shumpert has been diagnosed with a torn ACL in his left knee, and he's expected to miss 6-8 months.
Shumpert's terrific rookie season ends on a very disappointing note, and this injury decimates New York's odds of upsetting the Heat.

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA New York's Iman Shumpert has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, league source tells Y! Sports.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #6210

Anybody not watching this Dallas/OKC game is missing out; I feel sorry for you...

KD...so fucking good...

Edit: Game; KD sinks the floater to win it.

Last edited by bballguy; 04-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #6211
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
kd reaching clutch status
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #6212
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Dirk and his clumsy TOs. Dallas totally had it.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #6213
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
gotta be KD...

pop CLUTCH 1 hunnid
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #6214
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
OKC!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #6215

Clutch shot by Durant! It was good execution overall by OKC. Harden played fearless tonight, attacking the basket, and making smart decisions with his passes in transition. Westbrook played well.

Ibaka also played well and was blocking shots like Olajuwon

Coach Carlyle of Mavs quoted as saying: "They are young and fast. We are old and slow." You got that right coach. OKC's points in transition were a difference in the game.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #6216

The degree of difficulty on that shot is unreal....one handed fade-away floater??? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEET
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #6217

Simply clutch. Witness the thunder!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #6218
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
kevin MOTHERFUCKING DURANT...
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #6219

thx for heads up, fck just read he also tore his lateral meniscus, he is fucked if it's torn beyond repair and they have to take it out... i mean he will still ball, but it's gonna take a bite out of his athleticism, Chris Paul had his taken out and he went from a 38 inch vertical leap to barely being to dunk with two hands...
everyone responds differently though, I'm hoping he comes back 100%

The Knicks announced Shumpert also tore his lateral meniscus. Surgery will be scheduled in New York and Shumpert is expected to miss approximately six to eight months.

Last edited by G-spec; 04-28-2012 at 09:38 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #6220
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Orlando steals game 1. Unbelievable mistake by Granger on the travel in the fourth quarter. Good D. by Davis on Granger. That was a costly turnover.

Go OKC!
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #6221
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

so jealous
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #6222
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

omg!!! how hard is it to torn ACL or blown knee ligaments?

All good players done it this year, rubio, rose, shampert..... Hope they all come back 100%, non of this - brandon ROY career ending luck!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #6223
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

KD's shot I felt was a lucky shot. Dirk must be kicking himself right now. Dirk was the best game closer last playoffs. Interesting series.

Lucky MWP didn't knock the shit out of Harden that bad. Lol
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #6224
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I'm pretty pissed about Rose's injury too ... there was only 1:12 left in the game, up by 13 ... wtf let him rest! ... instead now he's out for the season and maybe even the start of the next ... Thibideu you are a defensive genius but an utter moron for not knowing when to rest your top superstar ... ask Popp for advice next time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Damn LeBron diving like the Kesler

Last edited by Obsideon; 04-28-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #6225

sucka, cop a pair man you won't regret it, order them online though or in the US the price here in CDN is ridiculous, like $340 after taxes i drove to richmond centre foot locker to get them, the only store in town that has them... in the states it's $250, im gonna order a pair of white ones when they restock at $260 shipped

Durant's shot, yea I would say it's luck and skill combined, like 50/50... he floated it up with extra arc to get it over the outstretched hands of defenders, if he didn't do that he wouldn't have gotten the soft bounce, so he's lucky marion and the secondary defender forced him to arc it, if it was a normal arced shot it would have clunked off the front rim hit the backboard hard enough to fly back out..
it still takes skill pull it off though, you got to have a good feel for shooting the ball which durant does

i was pissed they kept running that same play for Dirk a few times and every time Harden would just reach in and strip the ball, it cost them