REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #6801
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ ah, good insight from both of ya, makes perfect sense...

now if you could only answer me how the fuck he plays without cartilage in his knees, lol

"Who needs ACLs?" - Marv Albert
Advertisement
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #6802
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Manu is just ridiculous. I still hate him watching him play. Dude is so skilled, literally barrel rolled into the basket every time and always get an "and 1". Whenever he hoist up a 3 in rhythm, I hide my face because I know it'd go in.

I think I remember his ridiculous 3 last year in the Memphis series. When his shots go in, you could only say "How in fuck name". And apparently this guy went round 2 57th overall...

He's a fucking alien.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #6803
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
^ ah, good insight from both of ya, makes perfect sense...

now if you could only answer me how the fuck he plays without cartilage in his knees, lol
It is not that he has no cartilage, but rather that he has no ACLs....There is quite a difference....

That said:

During his high-school surgeries, Blair's doctors did not purposefully remove his ACLs....the going theory is that they tried to repair some partial damage to the ligaments and failed. Then, over time, Blair's ACLs deteriorated to the point of disappearance. Since this was a gradual change, his muscles and other ligaments could have adapted slowly to the added strain. Without such an adjustment period—if his doctors had simply cut out the ligaments, for example—it's likely he would have injured himself on the court quite rapidly.

Last edited by bballguy; 05-27-2012 at 11:51 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #6804

Ibaka played just 22 minutes, scoring five points with seven rebounds, two blocks, and a +/- rating of +9......he didn't leave the bench for the final 16 minutes of the game.....he had zero fouls......he is the runner-up to defensive player of the year and the Spurs have openly stated that he is forcing them to change their offensive approach.....I can only imagine that Brooks decided to go small in the 4th quarter in order to put up more points, despite the fact that they were up 9 going into the 4th.......Would've made much more sense to play defense.....Spurs dropped 39 points in the 4th quarter alone....Honestly, Brooks has done a great job with this team but the guy has been a fucking idiot all season by benching Ibaka.....
Old 05-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #6805
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
That's Kevin Harlan
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #6806
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
no way you can play without cartilage in the knees. trust me, i know

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #6807
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Ibaka played just 22 minutes, scoring five points with seven rebounds, two blocks, and a +/- rating of +9......he didn't leave the bench for the final 16 minutes of the game.....he had zero fouls......he is the runner-up to defensive player of the year and the Spurs have openly stated that he is forcing them to change their offensive approach.....I can only imagine that Brooks decided to go small in the 4th quarter in order to put up more points, despite the fact that they were up 9 going into the 4th.......Would've made much more sense to play defense.....Spurs dropped 39 points in the 4th quarter alone....Honestly, Brooks has done a great job with this team but the guy has been a fucking idiot all season by benching Ibaka.....
39 pts in one quarter of the playoffs...39 pts a half it seemed like in celts-philly series. Dont matter if you have KD/Westbrook/Harden, you cant win a ball game like that
Engotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #6808
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

lol'd
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #6809
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
that's great!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #6810
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
A good article about the Miami and Boston series:

NBA playoff preview: Eastern Conference final - sportsnet.ca

Summary of article:

A battle of two teams with players playing hurt and key players injured. Who's gonna be missed more by their team? Bradley or Bosh?

Some interesting matchups between these teams:

Garnett vs. Haslem.

UD40 needs to make those mid range jumpers in order to clear up the lanes for D-Wade and LeBron. Haslem will be the main defender on KG. I agree with the author of this article. It's gonna take a collective effort from Joel Anthony, LeBron, and Haslem to guard Garnett.

D-Wade vs. Allen.

Rondo, Pietrus, and Allen will defend against Wade. Zone defence from the Celtics. -don't see Allen defending Wade all by himself.

The Heat's secondary players like Haslem, Chalmers and Miller must make their open shots with the Celtics playing a lot of zone to slow down James and Wade.

Battle of the Coaches: Doc Rivers vs. Spoelstra.

This could be the matchup that determines the series. -will be really interesting to see which coach comes up with the best game plan and adjustments to advance to the Finals. Doc has been doing a good job in getting the most out of this aging, hurt team. Which coach is gonna outcoach the other?

Prediction: I see Miami going back to the Finals, in 6 games over Boston.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #6811

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Who's gonna be missed more by their team? Bradley or Bosh?
That's a dumb question IMO....If Bosh was healthy and playing, we wouldn't even be talking about who's going to win this series as it would be a given that the Heat would take it....While Bradley is good, he is still nothing more than a role player, while Bosh is a guy who the Heat can, and often NEED to, run their offense through...In all reality, if Bosh was playing, he and Garnett would simply cancel each other out....
Old 05-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #6812

Although I am picking Miami to defeat Boston, I think this series is going to be much closer than what some people predict. Boston's zone defence has worked before against the Heat.

KG is gonna have his way with Miami. A collective effort of Heat players will not stop this guy. Rondo and KG are the keys to a Boston victory. That being said, I think that Haslem and Chalmers will be the players who step up their game to be the difference in this series. If Boston doesn't protect the ball well, their turnovers will mean easy transition points for the Heat. The Heat win this tough series, in six.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #6813

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Although I am picking Miami to defeat Boston, I think this series is going to be much closer than what some people predict. Boston's zone defence has worked before against the Heat.
I haven't met a single person who doesn't think this series is going to be very close....I pick Miami as well, in either 6 or 7....but I'm not thinking it's guaranteed that Miami will win it....HOWEVER, if Bosh were healthy and playing, I would tell you that Miami will win it in 6 games max and that Boston doesn't stand a chance.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #6814

Quote:
I haven't met a single person who doesn't think this series is going to be very close....I pick Miami as well, in either 6 or 7....but I'm not thinking it's guaranteed that Miami will win it....HOWEVER, if Bosh were healthy and playing, I would tell you that Miami will win it in 6 games max and that Boston doesn't stand a chance.
Agree. Bosh would change the nature of the series much more in favor of Miami if he was 100% and playing.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #6815

No one care about wheel chair Pierce?

LBJ would be shutting him down. Can't wait for LBJ's running block from backcourt on Rondo.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #6816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
No one care about wheel chair Pierce?

LBJ would be shutting him down. Can't wait for LBJ's running block from backcourt on Rondo.
I'm not worried about Pierce...Miami has great team defense and shouldn't have trouble with him....It's Rondo that I would be worried about...He has the ability to pick apart defenses with that stupid wingspan and those ridiculously huge hands that make the ball look like it came out of a Fisher-Price box....
Old 05-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #6817
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

non-playoff related question:

Is John Starks underdog story comparable to Linsanity? both about to be cut from team, and turned career around.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #6818

Bad call by the ref on that play in which Allen pulled the chair on Wade and even worse technical foul call....
Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #6819
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

good game so far despite some questionable T's. C's couldn't get anything going at the start except KG but they finally start playing more intense D and more ball movement in the offense.
mlworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #6820

Where is the Miami defence? It's surprising to see the Celtics score 35 points in the second quarter. Boston isn't a highly offensive team. D-Wade getting guarded well by the Boston defenders.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #6821
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

[QUOTE=TRDood;7930659]

top 2 6th men in the league
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #6822

Another good day at the office for D-Wade and LeBron. D-Wade's fadeaway jumper on his left leg with the bank off the glass is beautiful!

He makes that difficult shot look like poetry in motion. If Pierce doesn't pick up his game, score more points, and get rebounds, this series is ending fast. The Truth had two rebounds, both in the defensive zone.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #6823
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
That's a dumb question IMO....If Bosh was healthy and playing, we wouldn't even be talking about who's going to win this series as it would be a given that the Heat would take it....While Bradley is good, he is still nothing more than a role player, while Bosh is a guy who the Heat can, and often NEED to, run their offense through...In all reality, if Bosh was playing, he and Garnett would simply cancel each other out....
have to disagree. Bradley does a lot on the defensive end for them and really could make a difference. With bosh, the way wade and lebron are playing right now, he would only take away shots from them. Just my opinion tho
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #6824
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Both games came in crushing wins ... I'm still rooting for the veteran C's to take it to the Heat even though it's unlikely the way that LBJ and Wade are playing right now ...

As expected, Coach Popp proves he is one of the best coaches alive right now, precision time-outs and makes full use of his bench, something that Brown should learn from, he's no Zen Master that's for sure lol ... I got the Spurs on this series, plus I think they can handle the Heat better than OKC, and I do not want the Heat to win!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #6825

OKC will come back strong tonight, but to me, still a 50/50 toss up.

Tim Duncan such a classy guy, he even tries to help Harden up after his flop.