REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #7151
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,689 Posts
LeBron was clutch in the fourth quarter, especially with the jump shot off the glass in the last minute. -good game by D-Wade. Wade was attacking the basket, distributing the ball well. Battier keeps making the three pointers.

-saw the Heat contest more of OKC's shots. Durant played aggressive, and smart to stay in the game to make it a close game, despite the 5 fouls. 59 points from KD and Westbrook. -the game came down to a couple of plays.

That steal by Chalmers near the end of the game was huge. It's on to South Beach!

Ibaka is almost money when it comes to blocking shots. LBJ had a few shots by blocked by Serge.
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #7152
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
what a game!
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #7153
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
sick game, Durant playin like a boss out there, but James is goin hard with a purpose...

and I'm seeing the old Wade emerge, Flash to be more precise... hopefully he keeps it up, I absolutely hate seeing any playoff series being played and the team's best players are not playing their usual games.
I wanna see all the 3 superstars from both teams playing to their potential, KD, Harden West, vs LBJ, Flash and CB4...
so then when the series is over there can be no doubt who the better team was.....

Spoelstra once again drove me absolutely nuts, Durant picks up his 5th foul with over 10 minutes left in the fucking game, so think about it, you got 10 minutes to go at KD and foul him out the game,,, but no the next 5 plays Spoelstra runs have absolutely nothing to do with Durant, it absolutely boggles my fucking mind.....
if he was a halfway decent coach he would have gone at Durant with whoever he was checking and had KD foul out within a minute or two... but instead he's an idiot and Durant came back and almost won this game
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #7154
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

The Heat were running the clock down and not going into the paint. Be agreesive on KD and get him fouled out = GG.

Looks like a good series so far.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #7155
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
FUCKING BULLSHIT NO CALL ON DURANTS 2 pter with 7sec left

REFS ARGHHHHHH
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #7156
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
FUCKING BULLSHIT NO CALL ON DURANTS 2 pter with 7sec left

REFS ARGHHHHHH
Durant should've fouled out earlier when Battier took the charge. 4th quarter alot of 50/50 calls could've gone either way, Durant and Brooks weren't bitching about it during the post game conferences.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #7157
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I'm pretty sure LeBron initially fouled as Durant was first putting down his dribble....If that was the case and the refs did go ahead and call a foul, Thunder would have just gotten the ball on the sideline anyway as the Heat were not yet in the penalty...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #7158

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I'm pretty sure LeBron initially fouled as Durant was first putting down his dribble....If that was the case and the refs did go ahead and call a foul, Thunder would have just gotten the ball on the sideline anyway as the Heat were not yet in the penalty...
I don't know about that man..Not bias here but I thought the foul would have been 2 shots as it looked like it was a continuation play... But how could the refs miss that offensive rebound foul on james on westbrook?

Refs are just too inconsistent but that's part of the game..lol

Thunders should be blamiing themselves for that poor start and played catch up the entire fng game
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #7159
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Spoelstra once again drove me absolutely nuts, Durant picks up his 5th foul with over 10 minutes left in the fucking game, so think about it, you got 10 minutes to go at KD and foul him out the game,,, but no the next 5 plays Spoelstra runs have absolutely nothing to do with Durant, it absolutely boggles my fucking mind.....
if he was a halfway decent coach he would have gone at Durant with whoever he was checking and had KD foul out within a minute or two... but instead he's an idiot and Durant came back and almost won this game
i know right? i was scratching my head as to why they didnt try to drive to KD even once

KD was on battier the whole 4th but he couldve set a pick for lebron or wade and try for the switch

blows my mind too
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #7160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I don't know about that man..Not bias here but I thought the foul would have been 2 shots as it looked like it was a continuation play... But how could the refs miss that offensive rebound foul on james on westbrook?
James was basically fouling KD throughout that entire play - when he initally fouled KD, KD was taking his first dribble and had not picked up the ball - therefore, it wasn't continuation because continuation is when the ball has been picked up...and I don't think that James fouled Westbrook on the rebound.

Last edited by bballguy; 06-15-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #7161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
James was basically fouling KD throughout that entire play - when he initally fouled KD he was taking his first dribble and had not picked up the ball - therefore, it wasn't continuation because continuation is when the ball has been picked up...and I don't think that James fouled Westbrook on the rebound.
Ya, I still don't get how that wasn't a foul on KD.. James had his left arm on his chest as soon as the ball was inbounded and the drive. If the foul was called, OKC inbounds again with 8 seconds or so.. we all know they don't need a lot of time to score 2 or 3

As for westbrook.. it was clearly a hit on the wrist and westbrook had touched the ball.

Oh well.. both sides had weird calls so it all evened out. I was just hoping it wouldn't come at the end of the game lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #7162

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
As for westbrook.. it was clearly a hit on the wrist and westbrook had touched the ball.
What I meant was that I don't think that's a foul that should get called...It was a loose ball, Westbrook never had possession of it, they were both going up for the ball...It would a very soft foul if they called it...

In other news, Jamal Crawford fully intends to opt out of his contract with Portland and already has a list of teams on his radar as potential landing spots.
The teams on Crawford's "wish list" include the Heat, Clippers, Kings, Knicks and Cavaliers. There has been no speculation on if those teams actually want Crawford, as he is still technically under contract with Portland. Crawford almost signed with the Kings this past offseason, so there is some history between him and Sacramento.

I can't imagine him going to the Cavs or the Kings...Cavs because they are just that bad and Kings because they have a large clusterfuck in the 1-3 positions....I could see him playing for the Knicks or Clips, but I would think the Heat would be the best fit for him as they don't have a ton of guards support....I would think Chalmers and Wade with Craw being the first one off the bench.

Knicks have Lin, Fields, Novak, J.R. Smith, Baron Davis.
Clips have Paul, Nick Young, Mo Williams, Bledsoe, Foye, and even Billups though I think he is done...

Last edited by bballguy; 06-15-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #7163
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'm hoping this series goes 7 games it's been entertaining so far, Westbrook has had two off shooting games he's due for a big one in Miami.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #7164

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
I'm hoping this series goes 7 games it's been entertaining so far, Westbrook has had two off shooting games he's due for a big one in Miami.
He's shooting at a higher percentage in this series than he did against the Spurs last series...so he's been "due" for quite some time...or his fg% just drops significantly against teams who can play defence...
Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #7165

What has been a pleasant surprise for the Heat is Battier's hot hand at 3 point shooting. He continues to shoot well from the arc, just like in game 1, and the latter part of the Eastern Conference Final. He made 5/7 from the 3 point arc in game 2.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #7166

Does anyone legitimately think that OKC will steal 2 of the next 3 in Miami? or are the majority of people thinking we will head to game 6 with Miami being up 3-2?

Last edited by bballguy; 06-17-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #7167

Okc is definitely capable of taking 2 in miami imo
Old 06-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #7168
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I'm gonna say YES, THEY CAN!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #7169

well im just hoping the miami crowd helps the heat out, they're well known to be one of the worst fans out there... very bandwagony and just in general not interested at times, also a quiet arena often....

i think the heat are smart enough to know their crowds are regular, and nothing special so i dont think they feed off the crowd like many other home teams do
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #7170
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Thunder..

really?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #7171
I subscribe to Revscene

Haha Lebron gave his head band to one of the chicks in the crowd
She put it on right after
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #7172

^ lol, i just finished crackin up about that, I rewinded it like twice, haha

but the Thunder had their chances they really did, starting with Russ, it was 88-85 and Westbrook SHOULD have made that WIDE OPEN 3 to tie the game up at 88, but he missed and from then on it was just downhill.... youth can be as much a negative as it is a positive... in this case a few dumb errors, first one that foul made by beardo trying to draw a charge on LBJ, and the Thabo inbounds turnover...
Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #7173

Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #7174
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Last 2 minutes of the Thunder Durant touches the ball once and Westbrook bricks two shots?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #7175

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ lol, i just finished crackin up about that, I rewinded it like twice, haha

but the Thunder had their chances they really did, starting with Russ, it was 88-85 and Westbrook SHOULD have made that WIDE OPEN 3 to tie the game up at 88, but he missed and from then on it was just downhill.... youth can be as much a negative as it is a positive... in this case a few dumb errors, first one that foul made by beardo trying to draw a charge on LBJ, and the Thabo inbounds turnover...
OKC played a bad fourth quarter. Things started to unravel for the the Thunder in the third quarter though. -fouling Fisher on the 3 point attempt. -missed five three throws. -Durant getting into foul trouble with four fouls. Once Brooks took out KD and then Westbrook, OKC's offense was stagnant. -too much one on one basketball.

-Magic Johnson is spot on the game analysis for OKC. He's right about OKC not having an option four for offense. If KD and Westbrook are taken out of the game as in tonight's game, no OKC player can score consistently.

Fisher scored some points but Harden and Ibaka didn't provide scoring depth in the fourth quarter.

-credit to Miami for making a 15-2 run to help them win the game. LeBron is leading the fourth quarter comebacks.

If Miami goes on to win the championship, LeBron is my pick for playoff MVP.