REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #8076
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Kevin Martin definitely needed a change of scenery, he's easily the most legit undercover/underrated player in the League. Great great all around player, not just a scorer but an excellent defender

Who's ready for opening tip !

on the Harden point.... he's a fool to turn down the Thunder offer, for around an extra 10 mill he said no to championship run and turned his back on his boys...
I would diss him right about now, but his play in the Finals says it all.
Advertisement

Last edited by G-spec; 10-27-2012 at 11:12 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #8077
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Kevin Martin definitely needed a change of scenery, he's easily the most legit undercover/underrated player in the League. Great great all around player, not just a scorer but an excellent defender
Kevin Martin is an excellent defender?.......Umm........Not sure if serious...he's an absolutely horrible defender.....

Quote:
on the Harden point.... he's a fool to turn down the Thunder offer, for around an extra 10 mill he said no to championship run and turned his back on his boys...
I would diss him right about now, but his play in the Finals says it all.
Extra 10 mill is a lot....esp for these niggas who got a whole hood to feed....either way, he's 23....Get paid first, win championships later.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #8078
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thunder were offering 54-55 mill for 4 years, Houston can offer up to 75-80 mill and 5 years, also no state tax in Houston. Harden would have at least left 20 million on the table.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #8079

If you've seen Martin play over the last few years you'd know he's active in passing lanes with quick hands and very fast on his feet since he's only 190lbs at 6'7, he can move. Think throughout his career he pretty much averaged a steal a game, holding a better than average steal to turnover ratio...
The most I'll give up in this is I may have gone overboard in calling him an "excellent" defender, but he is better than average, and in no way a horrible one.

ilapeeno yea Harden he'll get the max deal in Houston but during his 5 year stay there, he'll never make it out of the first round. Let's say hypothetically in big games he becomes the go to man, what happens ? I mean like I said about his finals performance, it was bad... and that was on the Thunder playing off the stars they got....
Nevermind the fact that Houston is reshuffling and in a rebuilding stage with no stars on the team....

I think it's a really poor decision on his part, and if I was him I would have found an extra 10-20 million in another manner, short term investments best bet. He's gettin that money over 5 years, so a few mill extra per year, guaranteed those guys got jew accountants that can find them a few extra mill a year just by playing stock markets or investments.
I would NOT have left a championship contender for years to come for a few extra mill a year I could easily find elsewhere.... to me it doesn't make sense, he's either really REALLY stupid, or there is more to the story like he felt disrespected or something and even if it was that, I would have given him a pass IF IF IF he killed it in the finals, which he didn't

My 8th grade lil bro made a mini mix tape of my other 5th grader little brother, I'm so very proud of him I had to share... he's playing with the gr 6 n 7's, so a little bit ahead which is good for his development.... kid is gonna be a natural point guard with ability to score, I honestly have not seen any kids his age with handles so pure and the body control..
I taught him the Shammgod he pulls out at 1:01, lol

Last edited by G-spec; 10-28-2012 at 02:11 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #8080
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
He pulled a joe Johnson
Ronron said it best...all beard no brain

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #8081
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

I think it's a really poor decision on his part, and if I was him I would have found an extra 10-20 million in another manner, short term investments best bet. He's gettin that money over 5 years, so a few mill extra per year, guaranteed those guys got jew accountants that can find them a few extra mill a year just by playing stock markets or investments.
I would NOT have left a championship contender for years to come for a few extra mill a year I could easily find elsewhere.... to me it doesn't make sense, he's either really REALLY stupid, or there is more to the story like he felt disrespected or something and even if it was that, I would have given him a pass IF IF IF he killed it in the finals, which he didn't
You make it sound as though it is really easy for someone to make roughly forty percent of their salary through mere investments, but let's assume for a second that it really is that easy. You are still neglecting to consider that Harden, like any rational person with a "jew accountant", would continue to invest in these forty percent return stocks as a Rocket, with a higher salary to boot, which would mean that he would actually be making upwards of an additional eight million, on top of what he would make by investing as a member of the Thunder, by investing with his higher income. Of course, this is all theoretically based on your high yielding stocks and you would also have to assume that he is able to invest his entire salary in order to pull in the numbers you suggested; any less and you're going to need to see much more than forty percent come back his way.

The truth is that 20, let alone 28, million is nothing to scoff at, and, on top of that, we really don't know what either party was thinking. What we do know is that Harden was seen by many to be an integral part of the young core that brought OKC to the finals. Not to mention, he did just win a gold medal. Perhaps, because of that belief, Harden let hubris get the best of him and didn't believe that he would actually be traded. Or maybe he saw the opportunity to play with the cross-continent marketing sensation that is Jeremy Lin too much of a cash cow to pass up. I can see how twenty million could be seen by many as a hefty price to pay for a chance at a championship, especially when the consensus is that the Heat will be the favorite for years to come. Age and potential chemistry issues notwithstanding, I wouldn't sleep on the new look Lakers either, but, judging by your enthusiasm for their preseason games in earlier postings, I'm sure you know that as well as anybody.

edit: If Harden does become one of the go to guys on the Rockets, he would most likely be able to command a more lucrative contract after this next five year one than the one he would get for being a sixth man, or, at best, third in line after the two real stars on the Thunder.

Last edited by ChaKo; 10-28-2012 at 07:52 AM.
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #8082

Like I said, he's 23....If he was 35 and made this decision, then I'd be like oh yeah what an idiot....but he's 23....make money first, then win championships...I'm sure he'll have opportunities down the road to get on a championship contender.

Quote:
If you've seen Martin play over the last few years you'd know he's active in passing lanes with quick hands and very fast on his feet since he's only 190lbs at 6'7, he can move. Think throughout his career he pretty much averaged a steal a game, holding a better than average steal to turnover ratio...
The most I'll give up in this is I may have gone overboard in calling him an "excellent" defender, but he is better than average, and in no way a horrible one. ]
Yes, he's great at gambling and getting into passing lanes, averaging a steal per game solely from off-ball defending which is probably due to his long arms....but again, his ON-BALL defense is absolutely horrible....amongst the worst in the league....no joke....
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #8083

good post Chako, from first reports they were saying the difference was about 10 mill over 5 years, now I'm hearing 20 or 28 ? and 40% of his salary ? where are these rising numbers coming from ?
I made my opinion based on the original 10 that was reported which really is chump change. Well over 20 mill, I don't know, it's a lot of money, but I personally would work it out somehow because money to me isn't important. But if it really IS 40% extra salary, I'm not gonna call that chump change, would make any man reconsider.

ballguy the point you're making about winning championships later, it's a good point, it makes sense for Harden because of the style of his game. He's not a Westbrook or one of those guys who relies on athleticism, he's got smooth old school game, the type of game that can see him playing until he's 40 years old. So yea he'll have a long time to try and win a championship...
I'm pretty sure he knows he's gonna be given the ball 8 outta 10 times in Houston, maybe he wants that, and it's exciting being the man sure.... but that excitement will wear out because losing will get under your skin one way or another.

The way I see it, the Thunder fucked up with the Kendrick Perkins thing, he never quite fit in, and they were in a rush to get big to compete with Lakers front court.... But Collison was noticeably more efficient on the floor than Perk ever has been for them... But they locked up multi year Perk where they not only lost Jeff Green (see his pre-season play right now, he's off the hook) and the money tied up with Perk I'm sure contributed in them not being able to keep Harden.
So you lost two guys, two budging ALL-Stars basically thanks to that move. With all that praise they give the GM Sam Presti, nobody ever called him out for this stupidity and they really should now that it pretty much cost them Harden.

I know what they're doing with Martin that's obvious, but I wonder two things about the Thunder right now, if they're gonna try and turn Jeremy Lamb into a perimeter shutdown defender under Sefolosha's wing, cuz that would be scary them two on your roster as defenders. And if Thabeet is ever gonna grow into his body and man the fck up under Perks wing, because he has SIZE.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #8084
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

One team clearly won this OKC/Houston trade.... the Lakers .

Now with J Lin and Harden, Houston will still be able to sign a big superstar this coming summer. This could get very interesting
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #8085
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:

The way I see it, the Thunder fucked up with the Kendrick Perkins thing, he never quite fit in, and they were in a rush to get big to compete with Lakers front court.... But Collison was noticeably more efficient on the floor than Perk ever has been for them... But they locked up multi year Perk where they not only lost Jeff Green (see his pre-season play right now, he's off the hook) and the money tied up with Perk I'm sure contributed in them not being able to keep Harden.
So you lost two guys, two budging ALL-Stars basically thanks to that move. With all that praise they give the GM Sam Presti, nobody ever called him out for this stupidity and they really should now that it pretty much cost them Harden.
You can still call him out. He refused to amnesty Perkins. I guess people are too busy sucking his dick.

Thunder didn't win in this trade. They minimized the loss, if you can call that a win. In this league, you don't trade a dollar for 2 50 cents. They took a step back at the title this year and I'm happy with that.

Last edited by Nlkko; 10-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #8086
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #8087

STAT out for another 6 weeks....He's garbage.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #8088

Eddy Curry is apparently starting for Dallas' opener against the Lakers.... wish him the best, he's pretty beastly on the block.... no Dirk or Chris Kaman.... also Delonte West got waived... i really wonder what happened, he keeps tweeting he didn't do anything

and also little ginger Blake

Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #8089

Season starts tonight! So excited, no nhl this year means more NBA for me!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #8090

^ ya man, just looking at the schedule right now it's nice and tight, only 3 games... Heat & Celtics is gonna be the only interesting one though... I'd watch the Cavs & Wiz game as well to see Johnny and Kyrie go at it, but I think Wall is injured and not 100%, don't think he's even playing...

gotta watch the replays of the games when I get home though, playing drop in ball at Lanley Events Centre tonight though, pretty sick gym...
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #8091
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
^ ya man, just looking at the schedule right now it's nice and tight, only 3 games... Heat & Celtics is gonna be the only interesting one though... I'd watch the Cavs & Wiz game as well to see Johnny and Kyrie go at it, but I think Wall is injured and not 100%, don't think he's even playing...

gotta watch the replays of the games when I get home though, playing drop in ball at Lanley Events Centre tonight though, pretty sick gym...

I am so excited! I want to see Terry and Lee play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ehUsyxZIjc

THE TRUTH!!!!!!
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #8092

hahahahaha
Old 10-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #8093

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
i read the 100mill over 5 years can't be insured either b/c of his bum knees

Quote:
Eddy Curry is apparently starting for Dallas' opener against the Lakers.... wish him the best, he's pretty beastly on the block.... no Dirk or Chris Kaman....
would like to see him get back to when he had that great year in NY instead of the overweight bench rider. it's all good though he won a championship with miami

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #8094

Quote:

Yeah wall is injured, he's not playing for awhile. I'm going to watch the heat/celts and mavs/lakers, don't care too much for the cavs/wiz.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #8095

Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #8096
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post

hahahahaha
lol wheres the one where it says he got knocked all the way to houston
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #8097

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
lol wheres the one where it says he got knocked all the way to houston
can't find any but here's a funny one

dam pics being cut off lol

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 10-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #8098

LOL at KG when Allen first checked into the game and he was shaking hands with everyone. He tapped KG on the shoulder and KG didn't even acknowledge him
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #8099

^

Ray Allen's first shot was a 3 -.- so sick.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #8100
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
fuck KG!

wow DAT rondo move! behind the back fake
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote