REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #8326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
fck, D Andre Jordans low block righty turn around hook is UNSTOPPABLE this year...
he barely misses that shot, its so money for him
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #8327
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
HEAT @ CLIPPERS tonight!! I hope it's not blacked out, fck...

as for Lakers, yea no princeton offense, but yet Eddie Jordan is still there ?

new coach is comin soon, and keep in mind this dude knows somethin about scoring himself, personally
Look how little he uses his left hand! He's literally hugging the edge of the court as he fends off the defender. Still I don't doubt his game/skill, just really interesting to see overseas old game.

FYI in comparison, when I played basketballBC, if you don't have a left hand you might as well go home lol
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #8328
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Can clippers drop Lamar odumb? He doesn't belong to a team like this, trade him to raptors or pistons so he can rot in hell
Posted via RS Mobile
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #8329

Great win tonight by the Clips.... Wade and Bosh didnt show up....
great game overall as it was a shoot out in the first half, lots of scoring fun to watch, and Jamal was dancing around toward the end of the game once it was decided... dude would win Dancing with the Stars with his eyes closed with footwork like that

also, Andrew Bynum

Last edited by G-spec; 11-14-2012 at 09:21 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #8330
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
God, I fucking hate Jim Buss. Yes, I'm still bitter. I have a feeling this phaggot gonna run the Lakers to the ground. I find it funny Mitch went public to say "it was a uninamous decision between him, Jerry and Jim". It's like the servant taking the fall for the master. That's cute and all but:

Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #8331
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Wouldn't it be funny if Vinny somehow got fired and Phil take the Clippers job just to stick it to the Buss throwing him under the bus.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #8332
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

just out of curiosity, when you guys shoot the ball, do you guys always adjust and rotate the ball to grip the seams before going into shooting motion? i'm pretty comfortable shooting the ball once i get a good grip on the seams, but it's not always possible/don't always have enough time (especially in a catch and shoot situation). been working on trying to get a good spin on the shot without using the seams and it just looks so wrong..
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #8333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post
just out of curiosity, when you guys shoot the ball, do you guys always adjust and rotate the ball to grip the seams before going into shooting motion? i'm pretty comfortable shooting the ball once i get a good grip on the seams, but it's not always possible/don't always have enough time (especially in a catch and shoot situation). been working on trying to get a good spin on the shot without using the seams and it just looks so wrong..
everyone may be different, but catch and shoot= no time to adjust ball seam. Only free throws and wide open shots, you get like under 1sec to rotate.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #8334
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
I always manage to pull a pump fake LOL if not... Airball or gettin it in... Semi srs
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #8335

lol, and Magic is still gettin paid by the Lakers too, nobody knows what he does he's some sort of rep for them on their payroll, but he's untouchable

BlueTiger I don't see how you can look at the ball at all when shooting, unless it's free throws, it's just something you feel with your hands.... repetition is key, so put the time in and you'll see results slowly... takes a long time though, took me a few years to get really good at shooting

I love how Jamal keeps his defenders off balance almost with every dribble, I always try to emulate it because a big part of my game is pull up jumpers so I need to create space to get my shot up.... look at teh sickness he pulled off tonight

one of my typical Jamal Crawford impressions, weaksauce D I know ....
is this any of you guys on the yellow team BTW ?

Last edited by G-spec; 11-15-2012 at 12:33 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #8336
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
I catch the ball in the same position that I am going to release it in.. (if that makes sense)

So in a catch and shoot situation, by the time i catch the ball, I am in the position of going up.

If I need to adjust, I pump fake and dribble back, (or step right/left) and shoot.. but everyones different
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #8337

^ makes perfect sense, if it feels right bomb away, if not, then don't force it... dont force anything is a general rule of thumb..

forgot to post Bledsoe's block.... he's my pick for winning most improved player award this year.... keep in mind Dwayne is taking off full stride one leg, Bledsoe is going up off balance sort of backwards two legs... my goodness, the timing... the leaping ability, THE STRENGTH.... this kid is an NFL player on an NBA roster I tells ya

Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #8338

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
That Bledsoe block was so beast! I stood up and screamed when I saw it live. Then I looked around and there was nobody around me so I sat my stupid ass down lol
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #8339

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
catch and shoot...no time to line up the seams...In high school, I dominated opponents with my quickness and thus I found it easy to get to the hoop for lay-ups, floaters, and teardrops. However, I had no shot whatsoever in high school. In fact, if a team played zone against us, I was fucked. I remember one game, I shot like 4/20 from the field including 2/12 or some shit from 3point. Once I left high school, I realized I forgot to work out and fell behind the rest of top class because of lack of strength....Given that, I had to adjust in some way...I worked a little bit on upper body strength and all of a sudden I became a pure shooter....I don't know how it happened, and everyone who I explain this to says it makes no sense, but I never even practiced my shooting or nothing...I just worked out, and all of a sudden I could do pull-ups from 5 feet behind 3-point line at any given time...

So yeah, upper body strength is absolutely vital, in my opinion, in order to be successful with the catch-and-shoot and pull-up jumpers on good, athletic defenders.

Last edited by bballguy; 11-15-2012 at 09:07 AM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #8340
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I love how Jamal keeps his defenders off balance almost with every dribble, I always try to emulate it because a big part of my game is pull up jumpers so I need to create space to get my shot up.... look at teh sickness he pulled off tonight

Jamal Crawford's crossover on Ray Allen! - YouTube
i had to watch that again to see what happened. at first i thought wow he's so smooth even his teammate broke his ankle and fell to the ground

i agree with bball guy putting time in the gym helps improve your game. not just for shooting but overall performance too. helped me with shooting from longer distances and posting guys your size that aren't as strong as you either. hell it helped me create more power in my strokes for tennis too

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #8341

thanks for the replies guys. strength isn't the issue here, just curious how people can shoot and get a good spin without using those damn seams
Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #8342

on a side note, i noticed that push-ups help a lot too, to work those triceps for shooting.

whereabouts do you guys play drop-in bball?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #8343
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
thanks for the replies guys. strength isn't the issue here, just curious how people can shoot and get a good spin without using those damn seams
if strength isnt the issue, try blowing hot air into your hands (like what the players do). Usually when i do this, it makes my hand warm/sticky/"grippy" and make sure you follow through on all shots.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #8344

^haha i started doing that after i saw kobe doing it
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #8345
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

if the defender doesn't respect my shot , i spin it in my hand ala Chauncey Billups before shooting but I mostly rely on the stepback
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #8346

What do you guys think about the "royce white" OCD/flying anxiety issue? Should He just quit being a PRO, anxiety isn't easy to fix, taking buses to games aren't gonna work on long road trip games.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #8347
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
he can get over his anxiety, it just a really big road to recovery.. he should be okay
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #8348
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
if strength isnt the issue, try blowing hot air into your hands (like what the players do). Usually when i do this, it makes my hand warm/sticky/"grippy" and make sure you follow through on all shots.
especially in the winter when the gym is freezing cold and your hands are ridiculously dry lol

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #8349

watchin Knicks Spurs right now, gonna be a helluva game!
then headin out to Cambie for my men's league game, gon be a long night

the Royce White thing, I have a little bit of sympathy for him.... but there's people out there with real life, literally life and death type of problems... and this guy basically has the world in his hands with the millions he's bound to make....
I mean it's not even about man'ing the fck up, he just needs to realize the position he's in already and that there's other people out there with real fckin problems and get over himself....

If it was me, I would just have the team doctors knock me out sedate me prior to flights and wake me up when I land.... I was actually watching this video this morning on Grantland and just couldn't feel much sympathy for him even though I used to have anxiety myself in public places when I was younger....

I don't think he's event that good, they keep saying he's a top 10 lottery pick, the best and most solid thing about his game from seeing him play is his passing, he reminds me of Boris Diaw literally, I think he could be that type of player at best... unless he drops like 30 lbs and gets a lot faster, I doubt any NBA team is gonna let him dribble around and handle the ball like this

Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #8350
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
-must be a slow news day for TMZ. Anyone get a look at Andrew Bynum's new haircut?

The 'fro looks like a cross between a Chia pet and a mop.

Andrew Bynum -- What's Up with the Hair? | TMZ.com