REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #8401
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronimo View Post
Georges St. Pierre rehabbing his knee:

Attachment 14399 Attachment 14402

Andrew Bynum rehabbing his knee:

Attachment 14400 Attachment 14401
Bynum has different haircut for this bowling knee rehab
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #8402
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
callin it right now, Eric Bledsoe 6th man of the year award..... long as he's healthy no injuries.... nobody's fckin with him at that spot, not one dude in the game...
I was rootin for the kid the other year after his knee surgery, but he had a rough season, I'm glad Clips stuck with him, it's payin off bigtime
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #8403
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Nets vs Lakers tonight at 7:30PM on thescore!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #8404
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

wow.Dwight howard. 5/15 on freethrows. your in the NBA for fucksakes. how hard is it
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #8405
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
hard when you have big hands. Ask Shaq and Rondo
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #8406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
hard when you have big hands. Ask Shaq and Rondo
how big are shaq's and dwight's hands compare to Dirk and Yao's hands?

The latter two have way better Free throw shooting. Is it really the hand size?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #8407
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
There is no evidence to support the hypothesis that hand size negatively affects free-throw percentage.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #8408
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
how big are shaq's and dwight's hands compare to Dirk and Yao's hands?

The latter two have way better Free throw shooting. Is it really the hand size?

start at 5:15. sports science tends to ignore several relevant factors that come into play in their experiments, but it's still some fun food for thought
ChaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #8409
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

This guy scored 138 points, 50%FG
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1718463

Do they not use the shot clock? Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #8410

... Sorry damn mobile wouldn't link properly.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #8411

USA TODAY
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #8412

^ yea I read an article about that this morning that explains it better, turns out the coach is a douche and it's something put together by him, and not the first time either

D-III Player's 138 Point-Game Is A Sham Record And Shouldn't Be Celebrated By Anyone
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #8413

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ yea I read an article about that this morning that explains it better, turns out the coach is a douche and it's something put together by him, and not the first time either

D-III Player's 138 Point-Game Is A Sham Record And Shouldn't Be Celebrated By Anyone
Thats alot of shots attempted by one player in a game, mostly 3s. I guess no Fatigue issue since they dont play any Defense
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #8414
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Bandz make her dance: NBA Players Brandon Jennings drops $24K on KOD stripper

No wonder NBA players go broke.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #8415
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
maybe it's the pic or flash of the camera but she looks kind of nasty

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #8416
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Didnt know what KOD was but found it on youtube... seems like every major rich african american goes there to blow huge stack of cash including YMCMB (lil wayne, birdman, drake) bow wow, nba players, tyga, soulja boy

KOD from youtube semi-nws
Spoiler!

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 11-21-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #8417

well I guess from my earlier comments about Zack Randolph playing peacekeeper on the court, makes sense now that he said he's done with the "bluffing" on court... but seems like he's still an idiot off the court, a snippet from his interview about his confrontation with Perkins.... and I conveniently hilighted and underlined the best part

Q: And then in the back, did you try to go in their locker room?
A: Nah, I didn’t go in their locker room. It was some doors; I had went on their side. Their locker room was like right there to the left. But I had went through some doors in the hallway. And I went through the doors. But it was a lesson learned. It won’t happen again. I ain’t gonna lose no $25,000 again. I’m done with all that bluffing on the court, because them guys do a lot of bluffing. I’m from the bluff city. We don’t do no bluffing, man. (Laughs).

Q: Do you think Perkins got the point? Do you think he probably thought ‘This guy’s a maniac?’
A: (Laughs). I don’t know. Perkins know me, so he know what’s up.

Q: Could you whoop his a–?
A: (Laughs). I’m good with these hands, man. I’m a jackin’ dude. I’m pretty good with these hands so…Hey, every day I came out the house I had to fight, you know. Me and my brother.

I just don't get how these idiots constantly seem to forget that what happens on the court stays on the court, they're two separate mental states. I mean you would have to be a lunatic like KG to drag the issues off the court.
And as crazy as KG is, I guarantee you even he had regretted calling Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient after the game...
I remember Charlie had absolutely lost his mind about it, nobody knew at the time what KG had said though, it came out a while afterwards
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #8418
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
callin it right now, Eric Bledsoe 6th man of the year award..... long as he's healthy no injuries.... nobody's fckin with him at that spot, not one dude in the game...
I was rootin for the kid the other year after his knee surgery, but he had a rough season, I'm glad Clips stuck with him, it's payin off bigtime
eric bledsoe sixth man of the year are you completely oblivious to what jamal crawford is doing? HES ON THE SAME DAMN TEAM
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #8419
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

hard to beat the lakers when its 8v5
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
eric bledsoe sixth man of the year are you completely oblivious to what jamal crawford is doing? HES ON THE SAME DAMN TEAM

^ nice try, but bring some facts next time other than the absolutely obvious ones if you wanna argue my points in this thread, you should already know that by now you've been in here long enough.

Facts like Jamal Crawford has already won a 6th man of the year award..... like that he's not really coming off the bench, I mean do you REALLY think Willie Green is a starter ?
Facts like that there has only been 2 guys to win 6th man of the year twice, McHale and Schremp, which hints at a system that's set up to encourage and reward improvement among players.... I mean if we looking at it like you are, then how many times would have Manu Ginobili won it, how many times would have Jason Terry won it.....

So no, I'm not oblivious at all, I just look at facts before I make statements, even the ones where I have a lot of personal investment in talking about guys that I like, I don't let that sway my yapping. I look at it realistically and then make my statements, so that way if anyone wants to come argue my point, I don't have just a simple opinionated statement, but actual facts backed up by common knowledge, popular opinion and cold hard facts.

Popovich has already gone out and called Bledsoe the most underrated player in the league, and he's not the only one, and you do know what happens to guys who receive that label throughought the season, let alone this early in the season.... yea you guessed it, they end up winning 6th man of the year.... so like I said, he keeps this up, nobody is catching up to him and the award is his, well earned, well earned... because unless you're a basketball player, then you have no idea how difficult it is to go from an out of control high turnover player to an extremely efficient fine oiled machine, in just ONE SUMMER
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #8421
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
^ nice try, but bring some facts next time other than the absolutely obvious ones if you wanna argue my points in this thread, you should already know that by now you've been in here long enough.

Facts like Jamal Crawford has already won a 6th man of the year award..... like that he's not really coming off the bench, I mean do you REALLY think Willie Green is a starter ?
Facts like that there has only been 2 guys to win 6th man of the year twice, McHale and Schremp, which hints at a system that's set up to encourage and reward improvement among players.... I mean if we looking at it like you are, then how many times would have Manu Ginobili won it, how many times would have Jason Terry won it.....

So no, I'm not oblivious at all, I just look at facts before I make statements, even the ones where I have a lot of personal investment in talking about guys that I like, I don't let that sway my yapping. I look at it realistically and then make my statements, so that way if anyone wants to come argue my point, I don't have just a simple opinionated statement, but actual facts backed up by common knowledge, popular opinion and cold hard facts.

Popovich has already gone out and called Bledsoe the most underrated player in the league, and he's not the only one, and you do know what happens to guys who receive that label throughought the season, let alone this early in the season.... yea you guessed it, they end up winning 6th man of the year.... so like I said, he keeps this up, nobody is catching up to him and the award is his, well earned, well earned... because unless you're a basketball player, then you have no idea how difficult it is to go from an out of control high turnover player to an extremely efficient fine oiled machine, in just ONE SUMMER
i read your post and this clip of jalen rose came to mind

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #8422
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
NSFW
Spoiler!
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #8423
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

oh snap Kevin Love is back!
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #8424
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I don't think he actually dropped 24K....the strippers name was 24K...all those bills in the picture are $1 bills...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #8425
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:

improvement plays a factor in the sixth man of the year award but does not overshadow productivity, and bledsoe's 10 points 2 rebounds and 2 assists is not going to win him any awards. you are putting bledsoe ahead of carl landry, j.r smith and kevin martin... and i do believe jamal crawford has the capability of being the third player to win it 2 times. he is the leading scorer of the team and he's coming off the bench, his efficiency this season puts him in the 50-40-90 group which is career highs for him (improvements). imo the sixth man of the year award goes to player that is most efficient and produces the most (ex. points or a stat line that lamar had when he won it).

also, you forgot to mention that mchale and schrempf won their awards consecutively; jamal, if he does win it will be 3 years apart. and the reasons manu and jet are not winning it every year is simply because there are players that are producing better numbers than them. look at the years manu and jet won the award, they were the highest producers off the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i read your post and this clip of jalen rose came to mind

Jalen Rose Destroys Skip Bayless - YouTube

Last edited by jonwon; 11-21-2012 at 05:36 PM.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote