REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #8576
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
down by 14 in the 4th quarter? No problem for the Spurs. They know they got Pop's back. -good way to stick it to Stern.
lmfao wtf are you talking about; how does that relate to Stern in any way whatsoever?...Oh, the Spurs come back and beat the Grizzlies in a big way, that'll show Stern!!........right....
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #8577
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lmfao wtf are you talking about; how does that relate to Stern in any way whatsoever?...Oh, the Spurs come back and beat the Grizzlies in a big way, that'll show Stern!!........right....

Really? Pop rested his players for a reason. Look at the Spurs' schedule for the past week. Back to back games twice for Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. Five games in 7 days. The Miami game would have been the fourth game in five nights for these aging stars. The extra days of rest and relaxation showed that Popovich made a good decision in the win against the Grizzlies.

It's about making decisions to manage player minutes.

That's how it relates to Stern. He looks at the league rulebook and decides to levy a big fine. A commissioner, who's never coached a NBA game, who thinks that a coach makes a bad decision in benching the players. Pop's the coach, Stern, not you.

With what Pop did, the NBA fans witnessed two great games. One was a Spurs team played by reserves testing the Heat’s mettle till the end, and the second was a rejuvenated Spurs team making a comeback in the 4th to beat the top team in the West. If Pop didn’t do what he did, the fatigue might have resulted a blowout in Miami, still the same fatigue on key players might have resulted another blowout in Memphis, and worst case one of the Spurs’ 3 might get an injury.

This writer seems to think Stern was heavy-handed in the fine against the Spurs:

David Stern shows leadership fatigue with crackdown on Spurs - NBA - Sporting News

Those guys would have had more fatigue if they played the five games in seven days. San Antonio may not have had the energy to come back and win against the Grizzlies if the big three played the Miami game.

Perhaps this was Pop's rationale for the decision:

Why risk injury to your aging star players by playing them through all those games? -give the bench guys a chance to show more of their game.

Another thing I want to bring up about the league. WTF is going on with the scheduling??? What kind of league makes a team play their fourth game in five nights on national television? A tired Spurs team playing a Miami team that didn't play a game for four straight days? Really Stern?

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-02-2012 at 05:45 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #8578
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
kobe fucking hogging and wasting every possession again
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #8579

Quote:
Really? Pop rested his players for a reason. Look at the Spurs' schedule for the past week. Back to back games twice for Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. Five games in 7 days. The Miami game would have been the fourth game in five nights for these aging stars. The extra days of rest and relaxation showed that Popovich made a good decision in the win against the Grizzlies.

It's about making decisions to manage player minutes.

That's how it relates to Stern. He looks at the league rulebook and decides to levy a big fine. A commissioner, who's never coached a NBA game, who thinks that a coach makes a bad decision in benching the players. Pop's the coach, Stern, not you.

With what Pop did, the NBA fans witnessed two great games. One was a Spurs team played by reserves testing the Heat’s mettle till the end, and the second was a rejuvenated Spurs team making a comeback in the 4th to beat the top team in the West. If Pop didn’t do what he did, the fatigue might have resulted a blowout in Miami, still the same fatigue on key players might have resulted another blowout in Memphis, and worst case one of the Spurs’ 3 might get an injury.

This writer seems to think Stern was heavy-handed in the fine against the Spurs:

David Stern shows leadership fatigue with crackdown on Spurs - NBA - Sporting News

Those guys would have had more fatigue if they played the five games in seven days. San Antonio may not have had the energy to come back and win against the Grizzlies if the big three played the Miami game.

Perhaps this was Pop's rationale for the decision:

Why risk injury to your aging star players by playing them through all those games? -give the bench guys a chance to show more of their game.

Another thing I want to bring up about the league. WTF is going on with the scheduling??? What kind of league makes a team play their fourth game in five nights on national television? A tired Spurs team playing a Miami team that didn't play a game for four straight days? Really Stern?
How does that effect Stern? You think he gives a fuck if the Spurs won or not lmfao....every team has these types of schedules...the schedule isn't a big deal, but telling a coach what he can and can't do with his team is another matter....and I can guarantee you Stern probably doesn't even know that the Spurs won the game after, as it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.....
Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #8580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
He's a shooting guard. Of course he's gonna shoot. And he's passed plenty... You haters don't give him enough credits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
kobe fucking hogging and wasting every possession again
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #8581

kobe needs to fuck off nobody gives a fuck about his beef with afflalo. Every single fucking time you put a good wing defender on Kobe, LA lose.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #8582

Quote:
There's better days and there's worse.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #8583

uuh..................
Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #8584
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Who's got $13000 lying around for the court from Golds Gym

Authentic Vancouver Grizzlies floor
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #8585
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ nice find....
that looks like their old Richmond training facility where they practiced, it's not the actual game floor used at GM place, those floors are about 100k +

I remember playing Nighthoops finals there each year, was the coolest thing ever to a kid fresh out of elementary school
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #8586

Yo G-Spec/J0nw0n,

How's our bet going to work then? Obviously both losers split the cost of a jersey, but how is the winner determined? The same way NBA does it?

Each first-place vote is worth five points; each second-place vote is worth three points; and each third-place vote is worth one point??
Whichever one of us has the highest point total, regardless of the number of first-place votes, wins the award.

Do we all agree?

Last edited by bballguy; 12-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #8587

^ that works....

btw last game Bledsoe 26 mins, 6-11 for 14 points with 4 steals, 4 assists and 2 blocks, and last game for Mayo 34 mins with 4 points, 4 boards 4 assists -16

come at me bros
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #8588
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Saw it on faceboook. uthentic Vancouver Grizzlies floor from there training center.

Authentic Vancouver Grizzlies floor
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #8589

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ that works....

btw last game Bledsoe 26 mins, 6-11 for 14 points with 4 steals, 4 assists and 2 blocks, and last game for Mayo 34 mins with 4 points, 4 boards 4 assists -16

come at me bros
Aight, I'll come at you -

Last game, the Clips played the Kings and it was an absolute blow out...Thus, Chris Paul only played 21 minutes, while Bledsoe picked up garbage time to go to work.

Also, you are comparing your 6th man choice to my most improved choice, so that doesn't really work either....But if you want to compare your 6th man choice to mine, Crawford went 7/14 for 17 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, and a steal.

As for Mayo, you've confused his last game to actually his 2nd to last game, which I think it's safe he's moved on from....After shooting 0-for-4 in the first half of his last game, he exploded in the second half to finish shooting 10-of-21 from the field....a team-high 27 points with five rebounds, four assists and six 3-pointers...

Sorry brah.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #8590

^ oh ya thats right i got Jordan as most improved and Bledsoe as 6th man
you and jonwon got both Mayo winning the most improved right ?

That's what I'm sayin though from the beginning when you two mentioned him, I said that inconsistency with Mayo is gonna hurt him with his chances, that's just how it goes.
Just like I know De'Andre's the same way, inconsistent but I really believe this year is his year just like you guys see it for Mayo.
I might have picked Mayo myself honestly I like the kid, he still has bunch of unfulfilled potential, but I didn't because I know Dirk still has to come back.

Clips playing tonight, finally a non blackout game after like 2 weeks of every Laker and Clipper games being blackouts..
Toronto sucks, but think tonight against Nuggets it will be a fun game to watch, Nuggets have been fun to watch this year, my second favorite team to watch after Clips
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #8591
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Kobe calling out his teammate "Spain" to wear "big boy pants." Can Pau adjust to D'Antoni's offensive system?

Kobe: ‘Big-Boy Pants’ For Pau! « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

From the article:

This isn’t the first time someone has felt the need to light a fire under Gasol. Jackson had to do the same on several occasions when he coached the Spaniard, famously poking him in the chest during Game 3 of that playoff series they lost to the Dallas Mavericks in 2011 in an effort to challenge Gasol’s toughness in a critical situation.

The specifics of this latest late-game benching, provided by Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com, highlight a disturbing trend where Gasol is concerned:

Gasol was subbed out with 6:07 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Lakers up 84-83. Orlando outscored L.A. 30-19 the rest of the way. Gasol ended his night with 11 points of 4-for-11 shooting, seven rebounds, two assists and a block in 29 minutes.

“I don’t get irritated,” Gasol said of the benching. “I like to be out there. It’s upsetting for me as a player but I won’t allow it to irritate me.”

It was the second time the benching occurred with Gasol’s family in the building. The first time came against Marc Gasol and the Memphis Grizzlies and Gasol’s father and younger brother, Adria, were at Staples Center for the game Sunday.

Pau looked lethargic in the Orlando game. Jamison looked much more energetic than Pau.
Perhaps the tendonitis in both of his knees is still limiting his mobility?

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-03-2012 at 07:31 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #8592

Quote:
^ oh ya thats right i got Jordan as most improved and Bledsoe as 6th man
you and jonwon got both Mayo winning the most improved right ?

That's what I'm sayin though from the beginning when you two mentioned him, I said that inconsistency with Mayo is gonna hurt him with his chances, that's just how it goes.
Just like I know De'Andre's the same way, inconsistent but I really believe this year is his year just like you guys see it for Mayo.
I might have picked Mayo myself honestly I like the kid, he still has bunch of unfulfilled potential, but I didn't because I know Dirk still has to come back.
That's been like his first bad game....how is that inconsistent??....guy is averaging 20ppg - good for 8th best in the league - while shooting 48%....As for Dirk coming back, they aren't going to take shots away from Mayo....They'll take away from others to get Dirk his, but Mayo is a good bet for 20ppg for the rest of the season...
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #8593
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Kobe calling out his teammate "Spain" to wear "big boy pants." Can Pau adjust to D'Antoni's offensive system?

Kobe: ‘Big-Boy Pants’ For Pau! « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

From the article:

This isn’t the first time someone has felt the need to light a fire under Gasol. Jackson had to do the same on several occasions when he coached the Spaniard, famously poking him in the chest during Game 3 of that playoff series they lost to the Dallas Mavericks in 2011 in an effort to challenge Gasol’s toughness in a critical situation.

The specifics of this latest late-game benching, provided by Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com, highlight a disturbing trend where Gasol is concerned:

Gasol was subbed out with 6:07 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Lakers up 84-83. Orlando outscored L.A. 30-19 the rest of the way. Gasol ended his night with 11 points of 4-for-11 shooting, seven rebounds, two assists and a block in 29 minutes.

“I don’t get irritated,” Gasol said of the benching. “I like to be out there. It’s upsetting for me as a player but I won’t allow it to irritate me.”

It was the second time the benching occurred with Gasol’s family in the building. The first time came against Marc Gasol and the Memphis Grizzlies and Gasol’s father and younger brother, Adria, were at Staples Center for the game Sunday.

Pau looked lethargic in the Orlando game. Jamison looked much more energetic than Pau.
Perhaps the tendonitis in both of his knees is still limiting his mobility?
big boy pants:
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #8594

^ since I seen that movie, I have not been able to say the word pants without saying it like that right there, I'm not even joking... fckin Ferrell is too funny man

Quote:
That's been like his first bad game....how is that inconsistent??....guy is averaging 20ppg - good for 8th best in the league - while shooting 48%....As for Dirk coming back, they aren't going to take shots away from Mayo....They'll take away from others to get Dirk his, but Mayo is a good bet for 20ppg for the rest of the season...

He's had more than one bad game this season, his shooting percentages are there I give him that, around 50% both from FG and 3's.
All these years as the best player out of his high school class he has been absolutely inconsistent, but now it looks like he's putting it together in Dallas.

But you're right I'll give you this one, cuz few bad games doesn't really mean inconsistency, you got me here with stats like I did you about Drummond last page or so.
I just look at him and he screams underachiever to me, gotta stop seeing him as the Memphis Mayo
Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #8595

Gasol did a transplant when his gf dumped him 2 years ago.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #8596

Quote:
He's had more than one bad game this season, his shooting percentages are there I give him that, around 50% both from FG and 3's.
All these years as the best player out of his high school class he has been absolutely inconsistent, but now it looks like he's putting it together in Dallas.

But you're right I'll give you this one, cuz few bad games doesn't really mean inconsistency, you got me here with stats like I did you about Drummond last page or so.
I just look at him and he screams underachiever to me, gotta stop seeing him as the Memphis Mayo
He was an underachiever in Memphis because they did not use him properly....He was the 6th man, playing in the shadow of basically everybody in that starting line-up.....I mean wtf is Tony Allen doing starting over Mayo...I could understand if he was a shitty defender, but that wasn't the case at all...In fact, he's a pretty good defender....Grizzlies were just stupid...Can you imagine the Pacers if they were able to pull off the deal they made with the Grizzlies - OJ Mayo for Josh McRoberts.....Both sides actually agreed to it, but it didn't get to the front office until after the deadline...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #8597
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

side question:
Where do you guys buy basketball shoes? (local, online or south of border) Where do you find good shoes with good price (like between 40-70 dollars). I don't need most up-to-date models or fancy kobe system/ lebron line. Thinking about throwing out my old "The glove". I am not hardcore baller, and i do not want to buy shoes at sportmart ( i have no idea why sportmart is still in business...lol)

A friend suggested the nike outlet.... any thoughts? Haven't bought bball shoes in ages. BTW Jordan CP3 looks pretty cool
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #8598

^ Actually you SHOULD go to SportMart, they are going out of business for about a month now have been having 60% off sales, so you will find $100 ball shoes there costing you under $40. All the Sport Mart locations are having these closing out sales for a while now, so you might wanna go hit up a few different locations and see your options maybe one location has nicer shoes.
I bought a few pairs of hiking boots I use for work there for dirt cheap the other week...
my suggestion to you as far as basketball shoes, the first thing I look for is a soft pliable sole, something that will flex and bend with your lateral movements, nothing worse than balling in a shoe and feeling like it's a fckin work boot... a lot of Jordans feel that way

But yea it's good that Mayo didn't go to the Pacers, I don't think he would have gotten playing time among a budding All Star in Paul George and a proven solid SG George Hill, but what a lopsided deal, Josh McRoberts would only do good to a team desperate for a barely decent PF...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #8599

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
side question:
Where do you guys buy basketball shoes? (local, online or south of border) Where do you find good shoes with good price (like between 40-70 dollars). I don't need most up-to-date models or fancy kobe system/ lebron line. Thinking about throwing out my old "The glove". I am not hardcore baller, and i do not want to buy shoes at sportmart ( i have no idea why sportmart is still in business...lol)

A friend suggested the nike outlet.... any thoughts? Haven't bought bball shoes in ages. BTW Jordan CP3 looks pretty cool
Nike Outlet sounds like a good idea.

For performance review of the shoes, go check nighwing2303.com.

Wtf,, you still have an OG of the glove shoes ? Wow. Shoe heads will be like

I love kobe vi's. Best bball shoes for me. I don't have Kobe v's but I heard great things about them as well. They can be had for cheap via ebay.

FWIW, I saw some Jordan Superflys at nordstrom rack for $60. Supposedly one of the better shoes for 2012 as well. Jordan Brand is dope performance wise. Designwise and price point, most of it is hot garbage for most new releases.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #8600
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

just watch a review on nightwing2303.com....

Definitely did not think that there are so much about a pair of shoes, the amount of science and tech behind it.

Great site, but he must be real shoe guy, cuz I wouldn't feel all the differences he talks about in a shoe review.