REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #9176
"Meat and Potatoes" - JB
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sbisa's Garage
Posts: 11,127
Thanked 3,499 Times in 1,166 Posts
Advertisement
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #9177
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #9178
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 51
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Fire D'Antoni, hire mike brown.
calcalvinlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #9179
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
hahahah, Beano is close to serial killin everyone on the roster, he's on the tipping point.... I'm awaiting the internet memes to come out, as this one should be by far the best one.... after the Bulls loss last night

Everyone else on the Los Angeles Lakers had showered, dressed and bundled themselves to march out into the coldest night across the past two winters here. As the clock lurched past midnight in the losing locker room, the team bus gone, Kobe Bryant still wore his purple and gold jersey inside a tiny cubicle


then he tweets this ominosity
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata calms me down when I reach my breaking point

__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #9180
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Sir_Loin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 1,255
Thanked 828 Times in 252 Posts
Rondo vs Kyrie then Clippers vs Thunder gonna be a good night of games.
Sir_Loin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #9181
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 51
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
anyone re-watched the 81pt game from Kobe?
calcalvinlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #9182
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ I'm sure Kobe watches it every single night lately

just wrapping up watching the Clippers Thunder game..... and this is exactly the reason why I said the Thunder will not beat the Clippers in the Playoffs...
every single player on the Thunder gave it their all and played very well, Clippers without Chris Paul and it's still a game to the very end.
And on top of that, a few guys from the Clips had an off game as well
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #9183
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
I agree. And fuck Jim Buss.
Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #9184
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ oh ya, that dude... I mean I heard some shady shit about him way back when Phil was coaching and I ain't like the guy since then
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #9185
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ I'm sure Kobe watches it every single night lately

just wrapping up watching the Clippers Thunder game..... and this is exactly the reason why I said the Thunder will not beat the Clippers in the Playoffs...
every single player on the Thunder gave it their all and played very well, Clippers without Chris Paul and it's still a game to the very end.
And on top of that, a few guys from the Clips had an off game as well
You know, regular season games really don't mean shit if you're trying to make a comparison for playoffs....I'm not disagreeing (or agreeing) with you that the Clips will beat the Thunder in the playoffs, but, in all reality, a regular season game in the middle of January simply doesn't mean anything....These teams will play with a different kind of effort, game plan, possibly a slightly different roster, and it will be a 7 game series with many, many game-to-game changes in strategy. Clips lost to OKC 2 months ago in OT too when both teams were pretty much healthy....Like I said, it doesn't mean anything, especially your argument as to why the Clippers would win: because CP3 was injured, some Clips had a poor game, and they still made a game out of it....big deal, Wizards beat Miami last month, should we crown them as Champs?
bballguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #9186
dlo
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 5,986
Thanked 7,876 Times in 1,409 Posts
Wiz won without john wall too!!! Imagine em now
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #9187
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
Wiz won without john wall too!!! Imagine em now
Posted via RS Mobile
Exactly....lol...
bballguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #9188
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You know, regular season games really don't mean shit if you're trying to make a comparison for playoffs....I'm not disagreeing (or agreeing) with you that the Clips will beat the Thunder in the playoffs, but, in all reality, a regular season game in the middle of January simply doesn't mean anything....These teams will play with a different kind of effort, game plan, possibly a slightly different roster, and it will be a 7 game series with many, many game-to-game changes in strategy. Clips lost to OKC 2 months ago in OT too when both teams were pretty much healthy....Like I said, it doesn't mean anything, especially your argument as to why the Clippers would win: because CP3 was injured, some Clips had a poor game, and they still made a game out of it....big deal, Wizards beat Miami last month, should we crown them as Champs?


I'm making a matchup comparison between two teams that will probably meet in the Playoffs Western Conference finals. And today's game wasn't a typical regular season game for either of these teams let's be real.
So far until seeing today's game all I had was my assumptions based on what I've seen from these two teams this season.
But after watching the game I'm even more convinced that Thunder are outmatched come playoff time.

This game alone showed why, I mean the fact that the Thunder were on fire and playing at a pace that no team can keep up in a 7 game series (typically a team will have 2 games like this if they're lucky in a playoff series) and they barely won... that should tell you a lot..
And ok as far as Playoff intricacies like adjustments etc.... Scott Brooks' biggest flaw as a coach as is already widely known is the inability to make proper adjustments during a series, he just relies on Durant being himself and Westbrook the same... this team is dead in the water when they're down, I've seen it few times this season with my own eyes. And Vinny isn't much better than Brooks when it comes to this but at least he has Chris Paul on his side, the smartest player in the game... also Billups lest not forget

If the Thunder played mediocre and won, I wouldn't come to the conclusions I came too, but the fact that Thunder played as well as they possibly could and still barely got a win tells me more than enough....
I mean an off night from Bledsoe, Jordan, and Butler.... just one of these fckin guys alone playing their typical good all around game would have been enough to beat the Thunder tonight. And you STILL got Chris and Billups on the bench.... this is why I'm convinced, not because I'm a biased Chris Paul Clippers fan
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #9189
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I'm making a matchup comparison between two teams that will probably meet in the Playoffs Western Conference finals. And today's game wasn't a typical regular season game for either of these teams let's be real.
So far until seeing today's game all I had was my assumptions based on what I've seen from these two teams this season.
But after watching the game I'm even more convinced that Thunder are outmatched come playoff time.

This game alone showed why, I mean the fact that the Thunder were on fire and playing at a pace that no team can keep up in a 7 game series (typically a team will have 2 games like this if they're lucky in a playoff series) and they barely won... that should tell you a lot..
And ok as far as Playoff intricacies like adjustments etc.... Scott Brooks' biggest flaw as a coach as is already widely known is the inability to make proper adjustments during a series, he just relies on Durant being himself and Westbrook the same... this team is dead in the water when they're down, I've seen it few times this season with my own eyes. And Vinny isn't much better than Brooks when it comes to this but at least he has Chris Paul on his side, the smartest player in the game... also Billups lest not forget

If the Thunder played mediocre and won, I wouldn't come to the conclusions I came too, but the fact that Thunder played as well as they possibly could and still barely got a win tells me more than enough....
I mean an off night from Bledsoe, Jordan, and Butler.... just one of these fckin guys alone playing their typical good all around game would have been enough to beat the Thunder tonight. And you STILL got Chris and Billups on the bench.... this is why I'm convinced, not because I'm a biased Chris Paul Clippers fan
I watched the same game as you and what I saw was a Thunder team playing great in spurts....They did not play a great game for a full 48 minutes.....They would play great for 8 minutes, take a convincing lead and make me think the game was over, and then let their guard down for the next 6 minutes allowing the Clips right back in it, but then pick it up right before the Clips got a real chance to complete a comeback......That's what I saw, and we both watched the game game....Sure Bledsoe, Jordan, and Butler may have had "off nights"....but the Thunder seemed to play like they just didn't give a shit for 40% of the game, or whenever they managed to gain a convincing lead....


So who knows, maybe if Bledsoe, Butler, and Jordan played a better game and actually made it tough for the Thunder to re-gain their convincing lead, we would've seen the Thunder playing at 100% for the entire game....I'm sure you've experienced that before, haven't you? Gain a convincing lead, then start taking it easy and getting complacent, thinking the game is over, until the opposition actually makes another run at you...

Last edited by bballguy; 01-23-2013 at 02:20 AM.
bballguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #9190
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I guess then, we saw the same game but a different one at the same time.

Because I saw the Clippers giving it their all fighting the whole game to keep the lead manageable in order to get within striking distance (which they did in the 4th) and the Thunder fighting just as hard fending them off all night long, because every team knows a 10 point cushion is nothing, but I saw both teams going one hundred. Except First quarter was a little lame yes and that will happen even in playoffs, but I didn't see anybody slacking or goin easy, it was non stop action especially the second half.


goin to bed now but I wonder if they play each other again before the season ends, gonna have to look that up tomorrow
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #9191
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
it sucks that the nba now lost its credibility a little bit when it comes to regular season...

I miss the days when Jordan took over the game as he didn't want to lose to the vancouver grizzlies... what was that? 18 pts in 6 minutes or something.. or every game was intense because everyone doesn't want to lose to anyone.

But now..it's more of a "it's just a regular season..it's ok.. they aren't trying for 48minutes" lol

sad..really
411ken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #9192
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
Kobe still do that. Only difference is they lose anyways
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #9193
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
so New Orleans are officially announcing sometime today next season's name change to the Pelicans.... colors will be blue gold and red


__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #9194
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Kobe still do that. Only difference is they lose anyways
Posted via RS Mobile
LOL.. agreed..so sad ahah.... but if lakers lose to a "crappy" team..ppl say lakers are a joke, etc etc.... but if miami loses to one..it's "who cares..it's the regular season".. and i'm not just referring to this season lol
411ken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #9195
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
so New Orleans are officially announcing sometime today next season's name change to the Pelicans.... colors will be blue gold and red


haha.. nice.. so I guess Charlotte will become the hornets again

411ken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #9196
My homepage has been set to RS
 
dachinesedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,033
Thanked 1,064 Times in 381 Posts
new orleans pelicans? the fuck

a month away from trade deadline, it will be interesting to see who gets moved

gasol for jsmoove + 2 (teague and stevenson maybe?) make it happen!
dachinesedude is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #9197
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
^Gasol doesn't worth shit as is.
Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #9198
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 808 Times in 370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I guess then, we saw the same game but a different one at the same time.

Because I saw the Clippers giving it their all fighting the whole game to keep the lead manageable in order to get within striking distance (which they did in the 4th) and the Thunder fighting just as hard fending them off all night long, because every team knows a 10 point cushion is nothing, but I saw both teams going one hundred. Except First quarter was a little lame yes and that will happen even in playoffs, but I didn't see anybody slacking or goin easy, it was non stop action especially the second half.


goin to bed now but I wonder if they play each other again before the season ends, gonna have to look that up tomorrow

Guys guys. Chill out:

Nlkko is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #9199
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 51
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The only thing Jim Buss did that should get a high five is drafting Andrew Bynum. Other than that, please leave it to Mitch FFS
calcalvinlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #9200
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I guess then, we saw the same game but a different one at the same time.

Because I saw the Clippers giving it their all fighting the whole game to keep the lead manageable in order to get within striking distance (which they did in the 4th) and the Thunder fighting just as hard fending them off all night long, because every team knows a 10 point cushion is nothing, but I saw both teams going one hundred. Except First quarter was a little lame yes and that will happen even in playoffs, but I didn't see anybody slacking or goin easy, it was non stop action especially the second half.


goin to bed now but I wonder if they play each other again before the season ends, gonna have to look that up tomorrow
OKC's biggest lead was 16 points, and it kept on going from 15ish points to 5ish back to 15ish back to 5ish....They never really had control of the game, and my bet is that they could've kept it around 15 if they didn't get complacent...

BTW, don't you find the Clips commentators so annoying? So biased, and, more often than not, so wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
it sucks that the nba now lost its credibility a little bit when it comes to regular season...

I miss the days when Jordan took over the game as he didn't want to lose to the vancouver grizzlies... what was that? 18 pts in 6 minutes or something.. or every game was intense because everyone doesn't want to lose to anyone.

But now..it's more of a "it's just a regular season..it's ok.. they aren't trying for 48minutes" lol

sad..really
Nowadays, the studs don't REALLY start trying until the 4th quarter if it's a close game...back then, it wasn't necessarily all the different either....Only reason why Jordan went off for "18 points in 6 minutes or something" was because Mike James talked shit to him....
bballguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net