REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #9376
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Can't stand the old Celtic announcer, they're both horrible worst two guys in the business, but the old guy is justtt..... you wanna punch him in the fckin face....... like stfu dude, every single foul against the Celtics invokes a "C'mon wtf is this" reaction from him....

And then he always wants to see the replay right after, goes "Let's uh, lets looka teh replay" and when the replay clearly shows it's a legit foul, he just goes completely mute until the next play starts

I actually feel the same about other people's announcer.... I think it's because I am a Celtic fan and you're not a Celtic fan.

I listen to Hawks and Celtics during the playoffs and that was friggen awful.
Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #9377
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ yea try to listen to them without being objective and you'll see what I'm talking about... the younger sounding guy is allright, but old guy is just horrible and actually tries dragging the other guy with him at times, just sounds like he's watching the game with his old angry uncle lol

And the Hawks guys, you're talking about DomiNique most likely, yea he's a former Hawk player and I have yet to see to this day a former player not be a homer announcer... probably the worst one of them all is the guy in Chicago, Stacey King, he's horrible.... he's like the old Celtic man but amplified black younger version of it

haha, there goes old Celtic man again "I gotta tell ya, these officials.... you push a guy off the court and nothing" this came after Blake established his own position and cleanly outmuscled 3 Celtics for the rebound..... like dude... if you got 3 Celtics there and opposing teams player gets the board, you deserve to get knocked the fck out

Last edited by G-spec; 02-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #9378
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
damnnn both pistons and clippers couldn't win after the comeback
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #9379
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
^ yea try to listen to them without being objective and you'll see what I'm talking about... the younger sounding guy is allright, but old guy is just horrible and actually tries dragging the other guy with him at times, just sounds like he's watching the game with his old angry uncle lol

And the Hawks guys, you're talking about DomiNique most likely, yea he's a former Hawk player and I have yet to see to this day a former player not be a homer announcer... probably the worst one of them all is the guy in Chicago, Stacey King, he's horrible.... he's like the old Celtic man but amplified black younger version of it

haha, there goes old Celtic man again "I gotta tell ya, these officials.... you push a guy off the court and nothing" this came after Blake established his own position and cleanly outmuscled 3 Celtics for the rebound..... like dude... if you got 3 Celtics there and opposing teams player gets the board, you deserve to get knocked the fck out

Yeah Stacey King is bad hahahaha....

I am watching the Raptors v Heats at the moment and the announcers are bashing heats and praising Gay really badly hahaha.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #9380
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts

Last edited by Nlkko; 02-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #9381

really ? you guys don't like Matt and Jack ? I really developed a liking for them during the 2 years I stayed in Toronto few years back where I literally watched every single Raptor game during those 2 seasons, lol..
I love Jack, he actually knows his shit for an old man, yea he gets a little biased at times but it's never if rarely overboard. I think he's awesome otherwise on his delivery his ball knowledge.... and Matt is actually considered one of the better non-oldie announcers in the league... come Playoff time the NBA chooses some of the top announcers that season to cover some playoff series, and last year they picked out Matt for that..
I also liked their official local guy they used to have before he left to Chicago few years back, Chuck Swirsky, the guy who used to yell "ONIONS BABY ONIONS!" I'm sure you guys remember that line

Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #9382
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
the raptors announcers usually arent that biased because they know raptors have a shit team. they're nutt huggery for gay was over-the-top today, but they're just happy raps finally got a go-to guy in rudy. rudy was beast in the first half, they just overused him and he got tired. but if we're talking home team bias, the two old fucks that announce for lakers games on fox sports... holy fuck. i prefer my matt devlin LOL

jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #9383
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
really ? you guys don't like Matt and Jack ? I really developed a liking for them during the 2 years I stayed in Toronto few years back where I literally watched every single Raptor game during those 2 seasons, lol..
I love Jack, he actually knows his shit for an old man, yea he gets a little biased at times but it's never if rarely overboard. I think he's awesome otherwise on his delivery his ball knowledge.... and Matt is actually considered one of the better non-oldie announcers in the league... come Playoff time the NBA chooses some of the top announcers that season to cover some playoff series, and last year they picked out Matt for that..
I also liked their official local guy they used to have before he left to Chicago few years back, Chuck Swirsky, the guy who used to yell "ONIONS BABY ONIONS!" I'm sure you guys remember that line

chuck and leo combo was the best god, i miss that guy
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #9384

^ yea lol, Chuck was dope and then Raptors didn't wanna pay the man so he left to Chi Town....

But yea on that Dominique point about him announcing Hawk games, y'know honestly if there's one former player announcer that has the right to say anything it's that dude... most former player announcers are guys like Stacey King in Chi, in Utah Matt Harpring... so bench guys role players at best..... but Nique, well... he was doing shit in the 80's that not even MJ was doing, just raw beast mode every night.. like doing the two footed power windmill in a game here once in a while during the 80's, but today's guys just started doing that within the last few years, and off one leg because it's safer and easier.. I think Vince may have done it once or twice in his younger days

Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #9385

Yea fox sports announcers are garbage lol. I think they're from Sacto or some shit. Kings-Lakers game is pretty unwatchable.

For National TV games, Marv Albert is beast. Old guy always break down the plays and stuffs before it happens. Jeff Van Gundy is more entertaining.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #9386
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

JVG Barkley and Albert combo would be deadly
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #9387

^ lol, gtfo, that's overload dude.... I couldn't even watch the game with these clowns goin off, haha

finally installed some Grizzlies mods on my 2K13 brahs..... gettin all sentimental n shit playin this since it's a replay of the very last game I went too when the Celtics came to town and 'Toine lit us up, shimmying his way to like 30+

lol, called that ISO play for Shareef, you know fat ass Antoine can't hold him

Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #9388

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Spoiler!
Colour is so off...

Lakers lucky to come out with a win this morning against the Pistons.......

Last edited by bballguy; 02-03-2013 at 10:44 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #9389

^ yea the green on the floor doesn't match the green that's on the jerseys, and the black trim on the free throw lineup area, gotta fix that somehow...
here's the original court I got in the game as well

and yea they were lucky, considering Will Bynum's floater where the ball went halfway in before rolling out somehow, that could have been the game winner.
I thought Calderon was gonna play today though, was lookin forward to watching him

Last edited by G-spec; 02-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #9390

Quote:
and yea they were lucky, considering Will Bynum's floater where the ball went halfway in before rolling out somehow, that could have been the game winner.
I thought Calderon was gonna play today though, was lookin forward to watching him
and Nash and Clark missed a combined 4 free throws in the dying moments of the game.

Calderon is just having visa issues; hopefully, he'll have it all sorted out by tomorrow's game @ MSG.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #9391
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

if we`re even competitive against the Knicks tonight I`ll be glad af
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #9392
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

Those 2 can be really biased towards the Raptors but its kind of expected. The worst part is when you get people who don't know much about basketball other than Raptors TV who buy into it. Then you hear locals with their inflated views on how good Calderon and Derozan are.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #9393

but, Calderon and DeRozan ARE good... finally DeRozan matures and looks like he'll turn out to be the player Raptors thought they would get eventually

what games you guys watchin tonight ?
bunch of them on right now... think Miami Charlotte game will be good
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #9394

Quote:

what games you guys watchin tonight ?
bunch of them on right now... think Miami Charlotte game will be good
Canucks Vs. Oilers...
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #9395

damn..... I just came across this site on my hunt for Grizzlies apparel.. Game Worn NBA items
Game Worn Uniforms

I'm eyeing the Michael Dickerson game worn shorts, actually used to ball with him at the Oval and Bonsor occasionally, dude had a sick sick stroke

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #9396
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Lebron is a fucking beast..

38 mins, 31 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, 5 turnovers, 13/14 shooting from the field, 5/6 from the stripe

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #9397
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
classic

Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #9398

holy crap the first half of the Warriors Rockets game, 77-62..... wild west fckin shootout
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #9399

fucking brook lopez fucking block everything fuck
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #9400

^ you're watching the wrong game broski..... Houston just tied their franchise record with 17 made 3's, and there's still 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter

edit: so Houston just made it 18 setting a new record, now the overall record they said was made in a playoff game by Houston back when Clyde was playing, and that is 19.... so with 1 quarter left I assume they'll break this overall record for most made 3's however is 23, would be sick to see this broken

20 as of right now, Linsanity just stroked it from the right side

Last edited by G-spec; 02-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.