REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #9426
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Bargnani gets boo'd in Toronto.

I really despise Bryan Colangelo.
Advertisement
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #9427
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
hmmm... this video was put up in 2011, it's Gerald Green's kid brother.... genetics are ridicilous

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #9428
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Is any of you here using the NBA TV league pass?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #9429
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^ yup, got it with some discount code @ $17 per month for 5 months
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #9430
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Y u mad tho?
Posted via RS Mobile
I ain't even mad..... Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #9431
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
^^^^ LOL I love it. Laker fans get like 2 wins in a row and go absolutely crazy. Non stop highlights on my Facebook feed, every win is like a championship game from the things I'm reading these days
Posted via RS Mobile
At this point, lakers fans will take anything they can get.

G-Spec, bballguy, nikko and anyone else that can shed some light, I have had time to read into this whole kobe and dwight thing but is the jist of it kobe calling him out for being soft and him saying kobe's opinion doesn't matter? Cliffs notes version?
I need to catch up on some stuff, need to get to saturday where I'll have some spare time!!
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #9432
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
the time Chris spent away from the team showed how bad they are without him, the short time he was away I dont think it hurts his chances at all really....

and David Stern says they're gonna start testing for HGH next season.... noooooooooo...
well I don't think the players union will go for that anyway, since 9 outta 10 players are on it, but still... I have a really hard time, actually impossible listening to an argument why HGH use should be banned.
What HGH does to help out with injuries and recovery alone is enough to convince me and many many people it should be legalized in every professional sport in the world, and the other one being that your body naturally produces HGH, it's not like you're taking some crazy synthetic drug or something.
Well, the argument is that it gives an unfair advantage because you're adding more than what your body could naturally develop. If you go by your logic of how the body naturally produces it then testosterone should be allowed to mind the synthetic part. I think if they allow one, then it becomes too difficult to draw the line. That's why they should just leave it as is otherwise, a lot of players are going to be in some trouble.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #9433
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post

G-Spec, bballguy, nikko and anyone else that can shed some light, I have had time to read into this whole kobe and dwight thing but is the jist of it kobe calling him out for being soft and him saying kobe's opinion doesn't matter? Cliffs notes version?
I need to catch up on some stuff, need to get to saturday where I'll have some spare time!!
kobe didn't say soft, but with gasol's injury, he's just saying suck it up and play thru the shoulder injury because they need him to step up, championships are all that matter in Lakerland. Dwight responded by saying that kobe's not a doctor, dwight's not a doctor and that it's his career on the line, if he goes down, nobody's going to take care of him except himself. meh...typical drama for the Lakers.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #9434

^ VAn City, on the HGH thing yea but your body stops producing most of it right around the age of 30, so the thing with these guys is they're trying to keep their levels the same as when they were 20.
If the governing bodies allowed controlled use of certain substances at least they could work together with the athletes to create some sort of middle ground where they could both be happy instead of how it is now.

as for the Kobe thing, Howards response today to Kobe pushing him to play through injuries is that "Kobe is not a doctor" and I think what's going on is Kobe is DESPERATE and understands he has about 2 seasons left, I mean shit he himself said in the same interview, "We don’t have three years, we’ve got this year"

in other news

Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #9435
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post

1. Kobe just realized that with Pau going down and Dwight sidelined, it's very likely they'll go in deeper hole and after that, no "new season" could save LA.

2. Dwight is in the bolting mode so he's worrying about his health and rightfully so.

3. D'Antoni is just a little twat sitting there doing nothing.

I love the Lakers but to be honest, I don't mind seeing Dwight bolt for nothing in the summer and Jim Buss and his lover D'Antoni take a giant shit paste in the face.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #9436
My homepage has been set to RS

^you figure though in a contract year, dwight would want to show his best, not sit on the shelf lol.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #9437
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
1. Kobe just realized that with Pau going down and Dwight sidelined, it's very likely they'll go in deeper hole and after that, no "new season" could save LA.

2. Dwight is in the bolting mode so he's worrying about his health and rightfully so.

3. D'Antoni is just a little twat sitting there doing nothing.

I love the Lakers but to be honest, I don't mind seeing Dwight bolt for nothing in the summer and Jim Buss and his lover D'Antoni take a giant shit paste in the face.
pretty much what nlkko and fatal said. Hill is already out, so they are again very thin down there without dwight and pau.

Kobes pretty much telling dwight to play through the pain because well he(kobe) has done it in the past and the results are all that matters in LA.

Plus it doesnt help when there next several games are against the celtics, heat and clips
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #9438
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
what u guys think about bargnani for boozer? sounds like bulls and raps are talking extensively about this. if the deal goes through, raps go way over the luxury tax (boozer aint cheap), but there starting 5 becomes so legit. lowry, derozan, gay, boozer, JV/AJ. plus boozer actually grabs like 10 boards a game, whereas bargnani grabs like 1...
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #9439

^ it could work, it will work... Raptors need a good strong rebounder, and on the Bulls side the recent developments with young Jimmy Butler, he's played great and will be given more time if they move Boozer and every team looks to the future, Boozer is not it. Plus It gives the Bulls one thing they lost in the off season which is long range shooting with Andrea. But with Jimmy Butler and Luol Deng and Noah would have no problem picking up the extra rebounding and scoring slack.... oh and hey fck, I mean D Rose isn't even back yet, I'd say hell yea that's a good trade.

so..... just announced..... holy fuaaaaack, both of these competitions will be off the hook, the best in many years, easily the best since the Vince Carter dunk comps of the early 2000's

The participants in the 2013 Slam Dunk Contest will be:

—Jeremy Evans
—James “Flight” White
—Gerald Green
—Kenneth Faried
—Terrence Ross
—Eric Bledsoe

The participants in the 2013 Three-Point Contest will be:

—Steve Novak
—Kyrie Irving
—Paul George
—Ryan Anderson
—Matt Bonner
—Stephen Curry

I like these State of Nate videos, he's a personable guy

Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #9440
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Lakers are getting lit to pieces..

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #9441
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
kobe - 27 pts 7 reb 0 ast
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #9442
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #9443

this season has been tough to follow
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #9444
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
0 assists because none of his team mate couldn't shoot for shit when he does pass
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #9445
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Who remembers G-Spec hyping this guy up so much before the season started??

bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #9446

Did Kyle korver turn down the 3 point contest? I was looking forward to him and Novak go at it. I guess he just looking after his back or hates 3 pt contest

I didn't expect bonner or Irving to be there too lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #9447
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Irving dropped like 8 3's during the rookie game last year lol, I can see him doing pree well in the 3pt this year!
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #9448

Teletovic is a solid stretch big who just hasn't proven it on the NBA level yet, stop trollin brah. He's already won an MVP in the second best league in the World, the Spanish league where he's been one of the top players for a few years prior to coming to the Nets.

and offcourse I'm gonna hype him up, I played with him in Bosnia when I was playing there. And he was the first Bosnian player to get a real multi year contract in the NBA. My whole country is proud of him, we're a small country that doesn't have many athletes on the world stage. But strangely enough 2 of the top 5 soccer players in the world right now are Bosnian, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edin Dzeko.

If you've seen the pre-season Nets interviews all of his teammates say he's the best shooter on that team with unlimited range, but it's gonna take him a while to adjust getting the ball off against players more athletic than what he saw in the Spanish league.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #9449

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Bosnian
And I thought you were black.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #9450

^ no, but the teams I play on are all black guys pretty much... I'm the only European guy, lol

that pixel there is me