REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #12176
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

The raptors do have a good SF.. his name is Bruno Caboclo..aka the Brazilian Durant

anyone know how much Cap the raptors have left anyway? maybe they could afford Vasquez + another player.... now only if masai could have someone take Landry fields off him
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #12177

Looks like there's a good chance Melo would be joining my lakers next season.. I thought Houston would be the front runner but the Knicks/Lakers are the only ones that could offer Max contract.

I wonder what's happening in Miami as well.. will they be sticking together still or will their bandwagon fans be "die hard" fans of the team Lebron goes.. Not a LeBron fan but I personally want to see him in Cavs.. (Kyrie/Wiggins/Lebron) but my instincts tell me he'll be with the heat
Old 07-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #12178

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
lol wtf? i'm the biggest vasquez fan... he's so clutch imo has a reliable 3, runs the 2nd unit offence well, not a big liability on D, and can defend the SG as well so can play in tandem with lowry

but to each his own i guess, i've never seen him live

I've seen him play plenty because I watch pretty much every Raptors game for few years now.... and yea definitely to each his own, because that list of his +'s you just listed is horrible, the only one that comes close to being true is that he runs the second unit decently enough to stick on teams.... and that's only once again is because like I said, he's big and strong and has a decent enough handle to keep it away from other guards.

Most and close to all the 3 pointers he hits are kick outs or loose rebounds, and it also helps that nobody gives a shit about guarding him out there so a lot of them are wide open.... and his floater game, well watch my vid at 13:04 here this is the only way he can get a bucket inside, screen/ weak ass take and being tall enough to get it over smaller defender, notice the awesome fuckin foot speed, good for 2-3 buckets a game, awesome enough to stay in the L, good for him..... also check out Blake's Alley oop at 12:50

Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #12179
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Some can disagree and that's ok.... there' a lot of nba players that are only in the league because they are damn tall as well lol and still makes millions that's a fact.
*cough* Bynum *cough*
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #12180

summer league's here btw, check out some of the youngins

Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #12181
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Looks like there's a good chance Melo would be joining my lakers next season.. I thought Houston would be the front runner but the Knicks/Lakers are the only ones that could offer Max contract.

I wonder what's happening in Miami as well.. will they be sticking together still or will their bandwagon fans be "die hard" fans of the team Lebron goes.. Not a LeBron fan but I personally want to see him in Cavs.. (Kyrie/Wiggins/Lebron) but my instincts tell me he'll be with the heat
Melo and Harden lol... both defensive turnstiles and offensive iso ballhogs. Dwight is gonna have his work cut out for him with everyone getting to the paint at will.

Kobe and Melo, is Kobe willing to "pass the torch"?... can't see it with his alpha male personality. Would be interesting to see how this works out. Also plenty of rumours of Gasol leaving too. If they can land Love it would be epic, can never count out the Lakers. They just need to find another "Kwame" to dump to the Wolves since it's not secret that Love wants to be in LA haha.

The Big 3 in Miami... hmm... Wade is a shell of his former self. InvisiBosh was a non-factor, what pieces can they can dig up this season?
Lowry is back in the north.
I don't think Luol Deng is in "chasing rings" mode yet either. Not much other impact players left that wasn't as good/bad as last years Heat roster.

LMAO at Lebron in wanting to stay in the East because the West is too competitive, what a pussy. When the media was making such a big deal about Miami getting to the finals 4 times in a row I could only laugh. There's only like 2 competitive teams in the East, it's a walk in the park to the finals every year until they meet some REAL competition from the west, and look what happened, they got dismantled.
Imagine if the "Big 3" got together on a team in the West, they would still be good but guaranteed they wouldn't have made the Finals every year. Having to battle OKC, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, even Warriors, Blazers, Grizzlies daily plus the playoff grind.

Personally I want the 3 to get back together and lose again. But that's just me haha.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #12182

Kobe and Melo are pretty much best buddies in the league so if they ever join forces then I have no doubt that they could make it work. There's also news that Isaiah Thomas wants to join the lakers and I'll be stoked if that happens. IT2, kobe, melo, randle, gasol or another center then have swaggy p, Nash, Johnson, hill off the bench. I'll be happy with that
Old 07-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #12183
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:

We can only wish for Melo and Love . Love would wreck it in LA. Lebron, Wade and Bosh will be back with Miami IMO. Wade and Bosh are for sure. I could see Lebron bolting back to Cleveland or dare I say it LA to play with Kobe and Melo to form an even better big 3. I'm over Gosal.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #12184

Yup. I want to move on from gasol as well but he is still useful but just not under dantoni system lol

At the end of the day, I'm excited about any future moves the lakers will do
Old 07-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #12185
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
lol, Gasol is still a top 5 CENTER in the league.....emphasis on CENTER....play him in his position and the guy is a stud....

Also, if LeBron leaves Miami to go somewhere other than Houston, I see Bosh heading to Houston.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #12186

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Also, if LeBron leaves Miami to go somewhere other than Houston, I see Bosh heading to Houston.
If these guys do leave.. who do you think your Heat would sign to play with Wade lol.. or play it out til 2015 FAs

Have they signed anybody else yet to "show" LeBron their upgraded roster lol. Latest report said that his agent is pushing him to go back to Cleveland

and yes, Gasol is still good..but his injuries are creeping up there now.. I'm not sure how much wants..(I assume he'd want a good chunk still if he stays with the lakers)

Last edited by 411ken; 07-07-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #12187

We all just have to wait and see when that domino falls.. it's pretty exciting and I want to see players in new teams as well for some reason...
Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #12188

Quote:
If these guys do leave.. who do you think your Heat would sign to play with Wade lol.. or play it out til 2015 FAs

Have they signed anybody else yet to "show" LeBron their upgraded roster lol. Latest report said that his agent is pushing him to go back to Cleveland

and yes, Gasol is still good..but his injuries are creeping up there now.. I'm not sure how much wants..(I assume he'd want a good chunk still if he stays with the lakers)
I'm sure Gasol is at a point in his career where he's willing to take a cut to play with a contender....I've always said that if LA signs Melo, Pau will stay with LA and he'll take a paycut...If not, I can see him heading to OKC and playing there while taking a paycut.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #12189

Miami just signed Mcroberts/Granger for this bench..that's exciting news for your Heat eh bballguy

I'm just glad to see more signings haha

and damnnn Bosh got offered a max contract from Houston.. He'd fit well there but max contract?? really Houston??
Old 07-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #12190

on a side note.. the open letter by cavs owner dan gilbert about LeBron, etc etc have been removed from their website Gilbert is puckering up :P
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #12191

Quote:
Miami just signed Mcroberts/Granger for this bench..that's exciting news for your Heat eh bballguy

I'm just glad to see more signings haha

and damnnn Bosh got offered a max contract from Houston.. He'd fit well there but max contract?? really Houston??
Signing McRoberts is actually pretty good for Miami....Granger is a low risk, high reward signing...just a matter of whether he can put something together on the court or not...It's not even like a Bynum situation, because Granger is actually a really good locker room guy...

I still see the Wade and LeBron signing in Miami, but who knows, maybe I'm just being delusional.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #12192

Bosh is a born Texan (Dallas i think) so that Houston deal is looking damn good I bet.... especially since its a max deal, not to mention with Dwight there, he would be free to play his mid range somewhat of a stretch 4 position where he doesn't have to bang with big bodies all game season long and can play his game exactly the way he loves to play it. Nothing more frustrating then being in a game playing out of position

I honestly think he should take the offer, they had a good run in Miami, but time to move on, just like all them bandwagon Heat fans are about to do reeeeeal soon

and that LeBron Cleveland talk is cracking me up, nevermind the ridiculous behind the scenes problems they've been having as an organization at all levels, but bottom line as long as this child posing through life as a grown man is in charge of Cavs, LeBron won't go near....

Old 07-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #12193

Well, there's a growing sentiment around the league that Melo is hoping that Bosh signs with Houston so that he can join LeBron & Wade in Miami, which is something that I, myself, started thinking...
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #12194
Ebisu Boss

So the plan would be for Melo and Lebron to get max while Wade gets a HUGE paycut?
Wade isn't the same player by far.

I actually think Bosh would be a good fit in Houston as well. Much better than if Melo signed.

I thought Melo was "good buddies" with LBJ? He's also best friends with Kobe?... such a lovey dovey league lol ...

I personally feel even LBJ, Melo and Wade with the current roster wouldn't be too much of a threat. Granger was pretty useless on LAC, don't see him "waking up" in Miami?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #12195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post

I personally feel even LBJ, Melo and Wade with the current roster wouldn't be too much of a threat. Granger was pretty useless on LAC, don't see him "waking up" in Miami?
They play in Eastern conference, if they play together, they'll be in the nba finals next year lol
Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #12196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
So the plan would be for Melo and Lebron to get max while Wade gets a HUGE paycut?
Wade isn't the same player by far.

I actually think Bosh would be a good fit in Houston as well. Much better than if Melo signed.

I thought Melo was "good buddies" with LBJ? He's also best friends with Kobe?... such a lovey dovey league lol ...

Melo and Wade would both probably take a cut...and what current roster? Miami has like 4 players under contract right now....Norris Cole, Justin Hamilton, Josh McBoberts, and Danny Granger......Granger is nothing but a project, but he's got an entire season to try to adapt to Miami's game and find himself a role....McBob is a lot better than people give him credit for...The rest of it, Riley is building from scratch....Honestly, it doesn't take much when u have Melo, LBJ, and Wade.....They are apparently front runners to getting Anthony Morrow, who is arguably the best 3-point shooter in the league, and honestly, that alone will do wonders.......2 guys that you absolutely have to double off of, and then u have morrow as a guy who you absolutely CAN'T double off of.....If Melo comes and joins LBJ and Wade, you can bet Riley will figure something out...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #12197

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
They want to all win but nobody wants to take pay cut. Bunch of greedy bitches haha.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #12198

Cavs have traded Jack (12mill left), tyler zeller, karasev AND a 1st rounder in a 3 way deal with Celtics/Nets.... it's all a cap clearing move and they don't get anyone back... I'd laugh if Lebron chooses another team again after his agent reportedly told the cavs to clear some cap space for a max deal.. Heck, even the Cavs are going after Ray Allen now

diehard heat fans are probably worried now haha.. but anything can happen still.

Last edited by 411ken; 07-09-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #12199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
They want to all win but nobody wants to take pay cut. Bunch of greedy bitches haha.
Well, they are all almost in their 30s... time to start cashing in...(not like they don't make enough as is haha)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #12200

Melo staying in NY.