REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #13501
Ebisu Boss
Thanked 1,155 Times in 432 Posts
Aww jelly!
I wonder who the NBA personality is lol, last year I went to the Raptors pre-season game and got a picture with Alvin Williams wandering around the concession area.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #13502 has a homepage?!
Booing Durant but cheering for Curry smh lol.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #13503
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
Thanked 1,841 Times in 812 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin View Post
Yeah, many fans booed KD every time he touched the ball in the game last night.

I must say that the game last night at Rogers arena certainly had a better atmosphere, and noisier fans than at a Canucks regular season game.

-got to play a one hour scrimmage with my friend, a winner in an Airmails contest, and the other winners and their guests. I got to meet former Raptor, Antonio Davis, and the Raptors commentators Matt Devlin, Jack Armstrong during the NBA Fantasy camp on Saturday morning.

At first, I thought the camp was for noobs like me in learning the fundamentals, shooting, dribbling etc. We played one game of black jerseys vs white jerseys. Thank goodness, the coaches called for subs during the games.

-sat in row 6 at the game. -definitely could hear some of the knowledgeable basketball fans in my section of the arena. They knew which secondary players are good on each team.

Javale McGhee is horrible! -missed shots, free throws etc. No wonder Shaq makes fun of this dude on TNT.

It was a night to remember. -saw six Canucks at the game: Burrows, Horvat, Markstrom, Tanev, Virtanen, and Gudbransson. Heck, even Mayor Robertson and his girlfriend sat courtside.

Burrows presented hall of fame James Worthy with a Canucks jersey near the end of the game.

Curry and Thompson played decent games. They only played the first half. KD was shooting bricks for the first possessions until he made a big dunk.

I guess all the boos and the chants of "Westbrook" affected KD's concentration.

The NBA Sponsors gave away some cool prizes to the noisiest fans in certain sections at the arena:

-Samsung Virtual Reality googles
-PS4 game NBA2K17
-BMO Mastercard debit card for $1000, $1500 contest. The contestant made horrible shots from centre court and the free throw line. Although the fans booed the guy, he still got a $50 gift card.

-got my picture taken with Antonio Davis. -also received some Adidas sneakers and other swag from AirMiles. All you can drink wine and beer and a buffet snacks at the VIP post game reception as part of my friend's prize package.

Steph and Klay practicing their shots in the pre-game warm up. When you see these world class shooters up close, it's an amazing experience.
Excuse the poor video quality in parts of the clips.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1513.jpg (112.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14480469_10157653980220121_1552695912381484767_o.jpg (188.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Canucks go!

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-02-2016 at 04:31 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #13504
das not it mane
Thanked 1,825 Times in 496 Posts
90% of the crowd was Warriors fans lul
RIP in peace
Old 10-09-2016, 03:57 AM   #13505
Rs has made me the man i am today!
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin View Post
Booing Durant period. SMGDH.
RS Buy&Sell Rating
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #13506 has a homepage?!
Thanked 1,028 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post
alright scrubs, fantasy basketball again this year.

just set the league up. who's in? PM for invite link
bumping. still got a few spots left. draft is next weds. link to join:
This post thanked by: