REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #1626
Banned (ABWS)

u guys shittin on kobe's teammates too much, if they would get the players involved may be they wouldnt get all this hate, Odom and the bench players deserve it though

Pau has outplayed KG 3/5 games so far
and Ron needs the ball mid range or post
Advertisement
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #1627
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Artest just needs to play D and grab rebounds. He shouldnt be trying to score unless he's wide open. Even if he's wide open, I can't depend on him to hit an open 3. Some of his wide open shots are just terrible. Totally agree with 411ken, they should be able to review anything that happens in the game, especially when it has a big impact on the outcome of the game. You can just assume shit happened without proof. All I can say is that I think the Lakers could've tied the game up and forced OT if they actually made the correct call on that Ray Allen airball.
reviewing the game every other play takes away the flow of the game, no one tunes in to watch the refs, the game would stretch to 3 hours long if that were to happen, most of the time the refs are bad both ways so it almost evens out

and it wasn't an airball
Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #1628
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
reviewing the game every other play takes away the flow of the game, no one tunes in to watch the refs, the game would stretch to 3 hours long if that were to happen, most of the time the refs are bad both ways so it almost evens out

and it wasn't an airball
But that wasn't the point..... why do they review the out of bounds crap but not these kind of plays when it's hard to tell in real time? I'm not saying that it could have changed the outcome of the game but what if it did? ridiculous rule imo...but as I said, i'm sure it will be changed by next year.

As for Artest, I see him having a good game tomorrow. same with the Odom.

I can't wait
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #1629

And I think I rewinded the part when someone threw something on the court a couple of times.. what an idiot. Could have hurt someone.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1630
Banned (ABWS)

i'm just saying it wont happen and i would hate for it to happen
the refs are so incompetent these playoffs they should all be replaced but that's wishful thinking

it SHOULD happen for soccer though
Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #1631
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:

and it wasn't an airball

Yeah my bad, not an airball but it didnt hit the rim. All backboard
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #1632
Banned (BBM)

long live AI
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #1633
Banned (BBM)

refs are always biased

some of the shit i seen i was like WTF! how is tat a no call

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 06-14-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #1634

Quote:
i'm just saying it wont happen and i would hate for it to happen
the refs are so incompetent these playoffs they should all be replaced but that's wishful thinking

it SHOULD happen for soccer though
That's true but it's also the rules as well..... they can check buzzer beaters,out of bounds plays, 3 point line or 2 point line (at a later time), technical/flagrant fouls but not the 24 sec. shot clock or hitting the rim..

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the finals but these calls/rules are ruining it for me a bit..
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #1635
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

New Rule In NBA Finals: Let the Players Play
by Will Leivenberg Contributor

Quote:
It's nothing new, just more obvious then ever in this NBA Finals: almost every possession includes some kind of foul.

Defensive three-seconds. Reach-in. Over-the-back. Blocking.

Whether you're a fervent Kobe Bryant or Paul Pierce fan, a zealous Lakers or Celtics supporter, or simply a wide-eyed spectator engaging in a thrilling basketball duel, you have to admit outrageous fouls called on both sides have made this a tough series to watch.

I've always been a firm believer that the referees should never be blamed for the outcome of a sporting event.

However, some players, like the Celtic's power forward Rasheed Wallace, make their feelings clear about the ref's calls.

While some consider Rasheed an "animated" player, I think he should swap nicknames with Glen Davis. Wallace truly deserves the title "Big-Baby" for every time a foul is called on him and he gallops across court with an incredulous expression on his face.

Similarly, when Lakers guard Derek Fisher tumbles to the ground for his 37th time in the 1st quarter, he has solidified his nomination for "Best Flopper."

The 2010 NBA Finals have left me and countless fans dumb-founded by the insane number of unreasonable fouls.

If you are lucky enough to be at the big show, nosebleeds or courtside, or perhaps just lounging in your living room watching the game, the slow-motion replay has been the ultimate revealer of truth.

Spectators have had to watch unwarranted fouls ruin a player's rhythm and missed calls completely change the momentum of a quarter.

You may be thinking to yourself, what's new?

Well, in the finals, more than any other time of the basketball season, the refs need to let the players play.

It's a simple idea, but one that has become strangely skewed by a need to enforce a sense of regulation over the game.

However, it's not benefitting the players. It's frustrating them.

It's not enhancing the experience of viewers, but instead irritating them.

Maybe the referees need to be more strictly regulated instead of being given the role of Pharoahs of the basketball court, making decrees left and right.

For example, Ray Allen and Derek Fisher were violently fighting for position throughout last night's battle. On one play specifically, Allen got the ball in the post and ruthlessly pounded his shoulder into Fisher, who was thrown to the floor, giving Allen an open bank shot.

No foul called.

I watched the game with both Lakers and Celtics fans and each judged the fairness of play according to their bias.

Celtics fans applauded Allen for being aggressive, while laughing at Fisher's ridiculous attempt to get a foul called.

Lakers fans yelled at Allen's harsh play and empathized for Fisher, who they believed played solid defense.

In this kind of dramatic, emotionally-charged series the referees need to establish a blueprint, or stable framework, for determining fouls they can adhere to.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #1636
Banned (ABWS)

the refs are getting better in the past two games, i was pretty worried joey crawford would ruin a game last night
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #1637

Quote:
the refs are getting better in the past two games, i was pretty worried joey crawford would ruin a game last night
Stop being so Bias and say the refs are getting better the past 2 games...(the games the celtics have won )

hahaha jk

Ya, we'll see how everything pans out for tomorrow's game. But the article makes perfect sense that the ref's should have talked this over as to how they will officiate the series.

But mentioning fans being bias....... DUHHHHHH
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #1638
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Some commentator at TNT said that Kobe was going to have an explosion in Game 5, which Kobe did, but this is just like 2008. Kobe, and maybe Fisher are the only guys who are being active, playing hard on both ends while the other guys just look lost on the floor.

Gasol proved his toughness in Games 1 and 4 (a win and a loss), but is starting to look like his 2008 self in which he falls away from contact and looks passive at times. However, as much blame you can put on the Lakers supporting cast, you can give credit to the Boston's bench. Glen Davis/Nate Robinson combo was unreal in Game 4, a game where the Boston bench basically outplayed the Boston starters (and the Lakers starters as well).

With all this factored in, the Laker's have no chance to win if its going to be the "Kobe + 4" that show up instead of the whole Laker's team.

The Celtics Team on the other hand is the epitome of teamwork. Guys giving up good shots to get great shots. Paul Pierce was unstoppable in Game 5 and is worthy of a 2nd ring if he and his team keeps playing like this.

If the Celtic's get the 2010 NBA Championship, it's not because the Celtics beat the Lakers. It's because the Lakers lost it. Where as in 2008 the Celtics beat the Lakers hands down.
(Not a big fan of either team, just rooting for a Game 7)

Last edited by Qmx323; 06-14-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #1639
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

But hasn't Kobe always wanted a Kobe +4 others team??
Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1640
I don't get it

I'm kinda torn with who I want to win.

I've always disliked Kobe but he's one of the 10 best ever, and he tries so hard so I kinda want him to win just for the sake of history.

But the Celtics... they're not gonna be as good next season and another championship for the big 3 would be sweet.

But anyway, I wonder what the ride home to LA was like for the guy sitting beside Kobe on the plane. I bet it was tense.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #1641
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
waittt..hes gone?!
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #1642
Banned (BBM)

^

ya man!

u didnt know that?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #1643

Quote:
^

ya man!

u didnt know that?

He's not gone. It's indefinite.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #1644

GO LAKERS. Kobe and the lakeshow are going to come out guns blazing today!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #1645
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
He's not gone. It's indefinite.
why would u say that?

he is been gone basically what? 6 months? family issue etc etc

the guy is getting bashed on, no teams wants him swat came into his house and disrespected his whole family
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #1646
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
But hasn't Kobe always wanted a Kobe +4 others team??
Deep down inside he probably does (See Shaq Feud)

after the 2008 Olympics and winning gold not because it was Kobe + 4, but it was a whole team effort. he has appeared to change his mentality when it comes to winning a Championship.

He knows it takes the entire collective team effort to win (see assist numbers against PHX series) and I sure hope that the team can recover in game 6 and force game 7.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard NBA players say something along the lines of this, "I'd rather score 20 and have a win than drop 35 and lose."
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #1647

Quote:
why would u say that?

he is been gone basically what? 6 months? family issue etc etc

the guy is getting bashed on, no teams wants him swat came into his house and disrespected his whole family
because he hasnt retired or said that he's leaving basketball. He could be back 2 years from now, who knows
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #1648
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

game 6 lakers!
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #1649
Banned (BBM)

excited
Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #1650
I don't get it

Have you guys heard the rumors of Delonte West sleeping with Lebron's mom lol? I bet Lebron's leaving Cleveland now.

Apparently he found out about this in game 4 of the Celtics series. It kinda explains why he looked like he quit.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote