REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #376
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm surprised at how a lot of people still perceive Kobe Bryant as a rapist. These people clearly don't know anything about basketball and should seriously STFU. The Lakers clearly deserve it this year.
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #377
Banned (ABWS)

this post season has been plagued with injuries, what a waste of a full season

i really hoped to see a Celtics Lakers rematch, i would still pick the Celtics as winners in 6 games
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #378
Unauthourized Spammer

i was caught between wanting to see the lakers have their redemption against the celtics and seeing a Kobe/LBJ finals this year.

many things can change in the offseason so we'll see how things shape up as the next season approaches. i hope to see the lakers resign odom, ariza and brown as well as see phil jackson remain head coach of the lakers. for now i'll just take in the joy of the lakers winning it after all these years.
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #379
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross888 View Post
i was caught between wanting to see the lakers have their redemption against the celtics and seeing a Kobe/LBJ finals this year.

many things can change in the offseason so we'll see how things shape up as the next season approaches. i hope to see the lakers resign odom, ariza and brown as well as see phil jackson remain head coach of the lakers. for now i'll just take in the joy of the lakers winning it after all these years.
but odom most likely will have to take a paycut. If we can keep the roster intact then I forsee many more titles coming our way
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #380
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross888 View Post

the Cavs would have been demolished the same way the Magic were, not much a series
Old 06-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #381
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
the Cavs would have been demolished the same way the Magic were, not much a series
i think either team the lakers faced, the cavs or magic, in the finals this year would have ended in 5 games. Lakers would have had the advantage in match ups either way having such a deep and versatile bench.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #382
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
but odom most likely will have to take a paycut. If we can keep the roster intact then I forsee many more titles coming our way
Odom mentioned sometime in the season that he wants to return to LA and would take a paycut if needed. let's hope he stays true to his word.

IF the Lakers had to pick one and only one of the two between Odom or Ariza who would you guys choose?
I personally find this very tough and can't clearly pick between the 2 since I have the same amount of pros and cons between the 2 players. that's why I hope the Lakers can sign them both
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #383
Banned (ABWS)

Trevor, Odom is kind of a dumbass

i think they can sign both, Lakers have much money
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #384
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I was hoping that the finals would be Lakers vs. Cavs..

of course i will cheer for kobe and the lakers, but still, i think it would be more entertaining seeing Kobe vs. Lebron... hell, even all the nike commercials are about those two. i lol'd in every nike basketball commercial tonight. haha
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #385
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Lakers! woohoo

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #386
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
For some/many of those players, I wonder what it feels like to win the championship AGAIN.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #387
Unauthourized Spammer

Lakers championship parade rally now
Old 06-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #388
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdesign View Post
I'm surprised at how a lot of people still perceive Kobe Bryant as a rapist. These people clearly don't know anything about basketball and should seriously STFU. The Lakers clearly deserve it this year.
People that perceive him as a rapist just don't like the guy....it doesn't have anything to do with their basketball knowledge....I don;t like him and I know a lot about basketball.....people just don't like him as a person...

I still think that if the Garnett played in the playoffs..it would have been Celts in 6...look what happneded last year..

and Lebron's Cavs are not there yet..he needs more support.
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #389
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post

I still think that if the Garnett played in the playoffs..it would have been Celts in 6...look what happneded last year..

and Lebron's Cavs are not there yet..he needs more support.

But the Celtics have the self proclaimed best player in the world..what happened to him? lol..sorry, I just can't stand Pierce....and I'm probbly the happiest guy to see them knocked out.

As for the Cavs, I've read that Shaq might come over? haha, I guess Shaw wants to play in a "weaker" conference? and team up with LBJ?..I guess Cavs are desperate to make moves to show LeBron they are "serious".
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #390
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I think cavs would of lost in game 6, but either way the magics were weaksauce against the lake town show.

I'd go Lamar over ariza. Lamar is way more versatile than ariza.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #391
Unauthourized Spammer

the Shaq deal actually went through and he's going to be joining Lebron and the Cavs. Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic over to the Suns along with a draft pick and $500,000. let's see how this one year experiment does since Shaq's contract is due at the end of the season.

Jefferson got traded over to the Spurs as well
Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 AM   #392

Smart move by the suns especially if the reports of Ben wallace planning to retire and that means more Cap room/money for them to spend....I hope Shaq does well in the east and help Lebron.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #393

Interesting move for shaq, ben wallace is considering retiring? I think he can do good in pheonix, he can actually be in the starting line up. RJ move is great for both teams. Don't know if it'll make that much of an impact if manu, timmy or tony are injured this season. Jamal crawford traded again huh? You guys see that rejected deal for ray allen/rondo for hamilton/prince/stuckey? That would have been a killer deal for boston. Anyone watching the draft tonight?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #394

Shaq knows he can't "hang" with the west teams anymore so he jumps ship to the east lol... Yup, Wallace is considering it but not sure if it will happen..he's reason is he lost passion to the game already..

Glad to see the spurs FINALLy shake things up too as Duncan isn't getting any younger.

As for that Pistons deal,I personally think it's a stupid move but I guess, they want to rebuild as well and take money off the cap.

Draft tonight doens't have much hype but I'll still watch lol..did you hear that Ricky Rubio told the Grizzlies not to draft him at 2nd overall cuz he doesn't want to play for them haha (ala steve francis)...i love it...

1 last thing.. bring back NBA to vancouver lol...pleaseee
Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #395
My homepage has been set to RS

rubio is overhyped, i don't think he's that good in my opinion.

any way that shaq can find to try and stick it to kobe, he will. i hate shaq, he makes me laugh sometimes but he's a total asshole. he's going to do to lebron what he did to penny, kobe, and wade.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #396

I agree.. This year's class is one of the weakest I've seen in a while..even I think Blake Griffin isn't THAT good and won't be a franchise player....
Old 06-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #397
F3

vince carter and ryan anderson going to orlando for rafer alston, courtney lee and tony battie
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #398
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Draft is okay so far...

Fuck.. Orlando is gonna be pretty beast next year..

Starting line-up

Vince - Hedo - Rashard - Jameer - Dwight

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #399

yeah...damn... this makes me think that the lakers chances of repeating are...not good.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Draft is okay so far...

Fuck.. Orlando is gonna be pretty beast next year..

Starting line-up

Vince - Hedo - Rashard - Jameer - Dwight
thats if they resign hedo which is why they traded for vince because they don't think he'll resign