REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #2126
Ubereem Mod

Hahahaha!

Hate to say it. A.I. DESERVES what eh got =P.

Don't bitch and complain about practice/everything else that doen'st go his way. And...if his game is one of NOT being a ball hog. Maybe he'd still be in the NBA.

Once his athletism went, its all over, no one would put up with that kind of attitude. If you're not just that freakishly good. Which he was, for a good 7-10 years.
Advertisement
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #2127
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Hahahaha!

Hate to say it. A.I. DESERVES what eh got =P.

Don't bitch and complain about practice/everything else that doen'st go his way. And...if his game is one of NOT being a ball hog. Maybe he'd still be in the NBA.

Once his athletism went, its all over, no one would put up with that kind of attitude. If you're not just that freakishly good. Which he was, for a good 7-10 years.
As a big AI fan.. I hate to say it but I agree with you on this one... He had a shot with the Grizzlies and went back to Philly as well but none of them worked out.

His agent said "There's 1 team in overseas that contacted us that shown interest in Iverson but I don't know the name of the team" WTF....this is more like an act to get AI's name on tv/reports,etc to gather nba interest.

I know AI loves the game and i think it's time for him to enjoy elsewhere..I'm surprise the Euroleague hasn't contacted him yet lol

Maybe him and Marbury can become teammates in China
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #2128
Banned (ABWS)

anyone else think Carmelo ends up in a Knicks uniform before February??

cant wait to see

my Pistons play
Miami plays Boston first week
Tiago Splitter with Tim Duncan
the rookies and Blake Griffin and Greg Oden
Matt Barnes on the Lakers
how shitty the Raptors do
Al Jeff on the Jazz
Boozer with Bulls
Amare's dunks
Mavericks
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #2129
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
durant > lebron
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #2130
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^lets not consider taht yet.

Durant is hella good player, but he just had 1 great mvp season.

Let see how he does this year.

I'd say top 4 in the west
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #2131
Banned (ABWS)

C'mon now, Durant is top 4 in the LEAGUE (not just the west)hands down. Top 5 would probably be (in no particular order):

Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Durant
Wade
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #2132
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
C'mon now, Durant is top 4 in the LEAGUE (not just the west)hands down. Top 5 would probably be (in no particular order):

Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Durant
Wade
Dirk's top 10 at best, lets try to rank em.

Bron
Kob
KD
Flash
D-12
Melo
D-Will
CP3
Dirk
Roy
Amare
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
durant > lebron
........as a scorer (eventually), and a genuine Leader.....Bron's pregame dance/antics/gimmicks just seem fake to me.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #2134
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Dirk's top 10 at best, lets try to rank em.

Bron
Kob
KD
Flash
D-12
Melo
D-Will
CP3
Dirk
Roy
Amare
Take both Amare and D12 out of that top 10. You cannot TRULY be considered a top 10 player when you are a liability on one end of the floor. Amare has no defense and Dwight has 0 post game.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #2135
Banned (ABWS)

Here's my list of top 10:

1) Kobe (as much as I hate him)
2) LeBron
3) Durant
4) Wade
5) Dirk
6) Melo
7) CP3
8) D-Will
9) Gasol
10) Bosh

HM: Dwight, Amare, Granger, Roy, Rondo.

I'm really hoping Yao stays alive this season so we can see him enter this list.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #2136
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Durant is a beast.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #2137
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:

2) LeBron
3) Durant
4) Wade
5) Dirk
6) Melo
7) CP3
8) D-Will
9) Gasol
10) Bosh

I'm really hoping Yao stays alive this season so we can see him enter this list.
I'd say Lebron at 1st and Bosh maybe top 7?

And Melo to Chi-town, i don't think its going to work around the team. It would be a great 3some party, but they need another man for the low post and a person that would D in Chi-town, i think noah fills in this spot pretty well. No go imo. Denver should add more depth in the front court.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #2138
Banned (ABWS)

1) LeBron
2) Wade
3) Kobe
4) Dwight
5) Melo
6) Durant
7) CP3
8) D-Will
9) Dirk
10) Bosh
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #2139

Quote:

Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Durant
Wade
lol I meant thunder should be in top 4 in the west. Sorry for the confusion

In my opinion Anthony should be up there. Not as a great player as durant this season, but hes been very consistent.

So to me, Anthony and durant should be tied for #5

Saying Durant is like James and Bryant is like saying Wade is the best player. Just because Wade had an awesome season back 08-09 does not mean hes the best.

Give the guy another year. But Im not saying Durant is not good, He will probably be as good as Bryant and James in a few years. But not right now.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #2140

Quote:
Take both Amare and D12 out of that top 10. You cannot TRULY be considered a top 10 player when you are a liability on one end of the floor. Amare has no defense and Dwight has 0 post game.
U have a point there, the offseason has made me forget how awful Amare is on D, which is really bad of me cuz I watch a lot of PHX games hahaa. However, the guy is the best finisher (big man - at the rim) in the game, I saw some guy put Bosh up there (in the top 10), and no, Bosh is a glorified third banana who is weird and makes youtube videos that aren't funny.

As for Dwight, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Yes the guy has limited post game, and he free throws are laughable. What about everything else that he does? Let's use Bosh again to compare, dude can't rebound against energy rebounders like Varejao, can't block, doesn't rebound well in general, has at best pick and roll D.......hmm and he's top 10? And Bosh has maybe at best 3 moves offensively....

example: Jab, jab, jab, fake, jab, jab, jab, jumpshot

or

Jab, jab, jab, fake, jab, jab, jab, jumpshot, drive, pull a paul pierce and tries to draw a foul

Thats about it.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #2141

Quote:

2) LeBron
3) Durant
4) Wade
5) Dirk
6) Melo
7) CP3
8) D-Will
9) Gasol
10) Bosh

Dirk is just too damn high up there, the guy (more than once now) disappears in big games. He did it again last year in the playoffs, just wasn't there at all in the must win. Plus he's just about to (or has) past his prime.

Ok i totally forgot about Gasol in my Top 10 haha, he should replace Amare. My bad there.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #2142
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
some good lists you guys got up, here's my opinions on the question marks on those lists.

Amare has always heavily relied on the point guard and the pick and roll game, he's got a very good offensive skill set but I really look forward to seeing how he's gonna do without the pick and roll skills of a Steve Nash.

Dwight is too uncoordinated on offense, I really REALLY hope he gets to like a young Shaq level on offense I can't tell you guys how much fun I had watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq do work in Orlando. I wanna see something like that again. But on defense however his timing and coordination is down to an art, well... I mean aside from smashing his own teammates when he lands on them, lol... he's already put a few buddies out of actions landing on his own guys after a huge block, I remember when he elbowed Jameer and Courtney comin down off blocks in the same game,

Danny Granger good player, but dude is a straight up volume shooter, that's been his criticism for the last 3 years from the experts too. He needs 30+ shots per game to average around 20+ ppg. The league is filled with guys who could average 25 ppg if they got that many shots per game. There's a reason he got so little playing time on the US world Champion team in Turkey.
When he came back to Indiana after healing from his injury first thing he did was start bitching about how he wasn't getting his typical shots per game, and at the time Indiana was on a winning streak and finally someone on the coaching staff realized hey lets get other guys involved in the offense it might work, and it did.

I don't know how any top 10 list can be made without Steve Nash on there, plus he a local boy ! and this coming from a die hard Chris Paul fan who firmly believes CP3 will go down in history as the all time steal and assist leader. Even with tough competition from D-will and CP3 Stevie boy ripped it up last season as evident by how well the Suns did

oh and as far as homeboy Bosh his offensive prowess is boss! who said he has only a few moves ?? super quick for a big man, got moves like a guard, and he's got a midrange jumper from either elbow and top of the key that's money, and once he gets the ball swung to him and he's on the weak side, it's gonna be a basket or and 1 almost every time. This year his shooting percentage is gonna go through the roof with all the attention on Lebron and Wade, but I do feel they might try to stuff him down on the block and make a full blown rebounder out of him because of his length size and quickness, I feel that would be a waste though.

I think Lebron should run PG and give up about 10 maybe even 15ppg, focus more on defense as well, just so they could really let Wade and Bosh loose. I think that would impress the fans a lot more than him scoring 30ppg this season, and it would mean a lot of forgiveness from all the haters if he really started playing super unselfishly and ran point this year.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #2143

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
some good lists you guys got up, here's my opinions on the question marks on those lists.

Amare

Dwight

Danny Granger

oh and as far as homeboy Bosh his offensive prowess is boss! who said he has only a few moves ?? super quick for a big man, got moves like a guard, and he's got a midrange jumper from either elbow and top of the key that's money, and once he gets the ball swung to him and he's on the weak side, it's gonna be a basket or and 1 almost every time. This year his shooting percentage is gonna go through the roof with all the attention on Lebron and Wade, but I do feel they might try to stuff him down on the block and make a full blown rebounder out of him because of his length size and quickness, I feel that would be a waste though.

I think Lebron should run PG and give up about 10 maybe even 15ppg, focus more on defense as well, just so they could really let Wade and Bosh loose. I think that would impress the fans a lot more than him scoring 30ppg this season, and it would mean a lot of forgiveness from all the haters if he really started playing super unselfishly and ran point this year.
Amare's production will probably drop a little, but then again he's with D'antoni again and he will get a lot more possessions and touches. So who knows, and with that line up they are sorta atheletic enough to get in passing lanes and take some charges, provided D'antoni bothers to practice defense

D12 will never have Shaq's post game, if he did, it would be here already. If he's really dedicated to improving his game, why the hell wasn't he in team USA this summer? He's great on D no doubt, just has to stop stupidly swatting balls outta bounds and to his teammates instead ala Russell.

Granger, what u said = exactly on point

LOVE Nash, not sure at this pt in his career he can be top 10.....

And as to your last 2 paragraphs....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that is all.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #2144
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
I'd say Lebron at 1st and Bosh maybe top 7?

And Melo to Chi-town, i don't think its going to work around the team. It would be a great 3some party, but they need another man for the low post and a person that would D in Chi-town, i think noah fills in this spot pretty well. No go imo. Denver should add more depth in the front court.
I wouldn't put LeBron at 1st simply because he doesn't have the clutch factor that Kobe does.

Quote:
U have a point there, the offseason has made me forget how awful Amare is on D, which is really bad of me cuz I watch a lot of PHX games hahaa. However, the guy is the best finisher (big man - at the rim) in the game, I saw some guy put Bosh up there (in the top 10), and no, Bosh is a glorified third banana who is weird and makes youtube videos that aren't funny.

As for Dwight, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Yes the guy has limited post game, and he free throws are laughable. What about everything else that he does? Let's use Bosh again to compare, dude can't rebound against energy rebounders like Varejao, can't block, doesn't rebound well in general, has at best pick and roll D.......hmm and he's top 10? And Bosh has maybe at best 3 moves offensively....

example: Jab, jab, jab, fake, jab, jab, jab, jumpshot

or

Jab, jab, jab, fake, jab, jab, jab, jumpshot, drive, pull a paul pierce and tries to draw a foul

Thats about it.
Amare
I don't think it's that difficult to be a great finisher when you are running with the best playmaker in the league(Steve Nash).

Dwight
Dwight is GREAT in what he has going for him (Defense), but his offense is lacking quite a bit. There are games when he is only able to put up 4 shots, and that is simply unacceptable from a guy who you would consider to be in the top 10...Shaq, at 100 years old, still shuts him down to this day...You compare Dwight with Bosh, but when the 2 go head-to-head, Bosh does just as much damage as Dwight does. Bosh outdoes Dwight with his quickness and range on one end of the court, whereas Dwight simply overpowers Bosh on the other end....only difference is, I can't really blame Bosh for not being able to contain Dwight because Bosh could simply play the 4-spot instead of the 5 which is where he truly belongs.
I don't know where you come off saying that Bosh has only 3post-moves...About the "jab" thing...It's not his "move" but rather just his way of reading how the defense will respond. A lot of the time it just makes the offense stagnant and, in turn, allows the defense to relax, which in college and high school ball would obviously be a bad thing, but this is the NBA; The NBA game, more often than not, revolves around isolation for star players to "do their thing".

Quote:
Dirk is just too damn high up there, the guy (more than once now) disappears in big games. He did it again last year in the playoffs, just wasn't there at all in the must win. Plus he's just about to (or has) past his prime.

Ok i totally forgot about Gasol in my Top 10 haha, he should replace Amare. My bad there.
Dirk
I have no idea where you come off saying that he "disappears"...He had a very good showing in last year's post-season and he shot above 50% from the field....Now that he has some decent threats down low in Haywood and Chandler, I think he will shine even more this year.

Gasol
I would put up a very strong arguement that Gasol is the most skilled center in the league. However, what has put him over the top is that he's developed a more physical, aggressive mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

Amarehas always heavily relied on the point guard and the pick and roll game, he's got a very good offensive skill set but I really look forward to seeing how he's gonna do without the pick and roll skills of a Steve Nash.

Dwight is too uncoordinated on offense, I really REALLY hope he gets to like a young Shaq level on offense I can't tell you guys how much fun I had watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq do work in Orlando. I wanna see something like that again. But on defense however his timing and coordination is down to an art, well... I mean aside from smashing his own teammates when he lands on them, lol... he's already put a few buddies out of actions landing on his own guys after a huge block, I remember when he elbowed Jameer and Courtney comin down off blocks in the same game,

Danny Granger good player, but dude is a straight up volume shooter, that's been his criticism for the last 3 years from the experts too. He needs 30+ shots per game to average around 20+ ppg. The league is filled with guys who could average 25 ppg if they got that many shots per game. There's a reason he got so little playing time on the US world Champion team in Turkey.
When he came back to Indiana after healing from his injury first thing he did was start bitching about how he wasn't getting his typical shots per game, and at the time Indiana was on a winning streak and finally someone on the coaching staff realized hey lets get other guys involved in the offense it might work, and it did.

I don't know how any top 10 list can be made without Steve Nash on there, plus he a local boy ! and this coming from a die hard Chris Paul fan who firmly believes CP3 will go down in history as the all time steal and assist leader. Even with tough competition from D-will and CP3 Stevie boy ripped it up last season as evident by how well the Suns did

Amare
I wonder if Felton will do anything for Amare. Either way, it's quite the downgrade from a Steve Nash.

Granger
Agreed

Nash
I love Nash, but I just can't put him in my top 10 and the reason being his defense. He gets destroyed in the post-season on the defensive end by the elite point gaurds, particularly Tony Parker. Last post-season was an exception, however Parker was just coming off an injury and was still clearly affected by it. Offensively, however, I would argue that Nash is still the best play-maker in the league till this day.

Quote:
Amare's production will probably drop a little, but then again he's with D'antoni again and he will get a lot more possessions and touches. So who knows, and with that line up they are sorta atheletic enough to get in passing lanes and take some charges, provided D'antoni bothers to practice defense

D12 will never have Shaq's post game, if he did, it would be here already. If he's really dedicated to improving his game, why the hell wasn't he in team USA this summer? He's great on D no doubt, just has to stop stupidly swatting balls outta bounds and to his teammates instead ala Russell.

Granger, what u said = exactly on point

LOVE Nash, not sure at this pt in his career he can be top 10.....

And as to your last 2 paragraphs....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that is all.
Amare
Why would Amare get more posessions in New York than in Phoenix? Since trading Shaq, Phoenix has gone back to the run-and-gun style of play, and thus are at the top of the list along with the GSW for most possessions per game and most points per game.

Last edited by JiggaZed; 09-17-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #2145

Quote:
I wouldn't put LeBron at 1st simply because he doesn't have the clutch factor that Kobe does.

Amare
I don't think it's that difficult to be a great finisher when you are running with the best playmaker in the league(Steve Nash).

Dwight
Dwight is GREAT in what he has going for him (Defense), but his offense is lacking quite a bit. There are games when he is only able to put up 4 shots, and that is simply unacceptable from a guy who you would consider to be in the top 10...Shaq, at 100 years old, still shuts him down to this day...You compare Dwight with Bosh, but when the 2 go head-to-head, Bosh does just as much damage as Dwight does. Bosh outdoes Dwight with his quickness and range on one end of the court, whereas Dwight simply overpowers Bosh on the other end....only difference is, I can't really blame Bosh for not being able to contain Dwight because Bosh could simply play the 4-spot instead of the 5 which is where he truly belongs.
I don't know where you come off saying that Bosh has only 3post-moves...About the "jab" thing...It's not his "move" but rather just his way of reading how the defense will respond. A lot of the time it just makes the offense stagnant and, in turn, allows the defense to relax, which in college and high school ball would obviously be a bad thing, but this is the NBA; The NBA game, more often than not, revolves around isolation for star players to "do their thing".

Dirk
I have no idea where you come off saying that he "disappears"...He had a very good showing in last year's post-season and he shot above 50% from the field....Now that he has some decent threats down low in Haywood and Chandler, I think he will shine even more this year.

Gasol
I would put up a very strong arguement that Gasol is the most skilled center in the league. However, what has put him over the top is that he's developed a more physical, aggressive mindset.

Amare
I wonder if Felton will do anything for Amare. Either way, it's quite the downgrade from a Steve Nash.

Granger
Agreed

Nash
I love Nash, but I just can't put him in my top 10 and the reason being his defense. He gets destroyed in the post-season on the defensive end by the elite point gaurds, particularly Tony Parker. Last post-season was an exception, however Parker was just coming off an injury and was still clearly affected by it. Offensively, however, I would argue that Nash is still the best play-maker in the league till this day.

Amare
Why would Amare get more posessions in New York than in Phoenix? Since trading Shaq, Phoenix has gone back to the run-and-gun style of play, and thus are at the top of the list along with the GSW for most possessions per game and most points per game.
shit son, what effort in your response.....let's continue our debate lol

I'm not going to go to lengths with Bosh, because between Bosh and Dwight, I mean 99/100 scouts/GMs/NBA people would pick Dwight, besides Bron and KD, hes the third guy you would draft to start a franchise. Not exactly his fault that he gets 4 shots a game sometimes, SVG continues to stress inside out rather than outside in, yet none of their perimeter guys follow that philosophy enough, granted he should be working on his game rather than his dance moves (in the offseason), he shouldn't get all the crap for being what he is right now.

Dirk - 2007 Playoffs, that is all

Amare, lol I don't know why I am so adamant about backing him, since he still drives me crazy sometimes on D. However, since Shaq's departure they have NOT gone back to the identical run and gun style, Gentry reeled them in and developed more of a half court offense. D'antoni would go back to what worked in PHX with Amare, although he will sorely miss Nash, he'll still get his.

Gasol is the best big man in the game.........offensively (but he still gets overlooked)

but dude seriously Bosh is.......we're brainwashed by Raptors TV as to how good he actually is.....he aint great.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #2146
Banned (ABWS)

ANYYYYYWAYYYY

Do you guys think Melo will be traded before the season starts? And if so, where to?

I think he will be traded, just not sure to whom.
I hope it's Warriors, and I think they have a decent chance too as they are the only team that wouldn't require Melo to sign an extension. In other words, they are considering trading away assets to get Melo potentially for just one year.

I'm cool with that as long as Curry and Lee are untouched.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #2147

This is too sick

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #2148

anyone else going to the toronto vs phx preseason game?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #2149
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
NBA 2K11 JORDAN IS ON THE COVER!
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
NBA 2K11 JORDAN IS ON THE COVER!