REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #3076
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
oh nooo, jerry sloan retiring as of today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-319641
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/10/s...s=iref:nbahpt1
Advertisement
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #3077
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
So you mean he doesn't shoot as much because he knows he sucks at shooting right now? He sticks to lay-ups and dunks because he knows he sucks at shooting right now? Sounds like a smart player to me, I'd rather have that then someone not realizing that he needs to work on his shot before he starts throwing up 15 shots per game at 37%....

Yes, the potential is there for Jennings, but RIGHT NOW, he sucks.
Well John Wall is taller so it's easier for him to get to the rim...it's not about him being smart lol.. If he was the size of Jennings, he'd be shoooting 20% lol..

The potential is there for wall too but right now, he sucks as well....

But to write someone off based by his % for the first 2 years is just stupid and ignorant....
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #3078

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post

BEST Coach to never win the championship.

Much respect to him
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #3079

Anyone here play at the Richmond Oval or anywhere else? let's play!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #3080
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I play at the oval!! Sportscentral!
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #3081

But the thing with the oval is, there's too many shitty hongers thatt think they're the shit
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
But the thing with the oval is, there's too many shitty hongers thatt think they're the shit
Posted via RS Mobile
True but their courts are actually pretty nice (I played there once only).. Atleast there's an option to go to another court if the one you are playing on sucks lol

When do you usually play?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #3083

im gonna start going there more often since my seasons over this saturday, but we play Camosun College at Comosun, support the Langara Falcons and come out and watch
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #3084
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
poor talent, all they do is launch 3s and jumpers, whereas the nba, players actually have the talent to take advantage of their defender and get to the hole, defense is a lot easier to play in college, but the most complex defense is in the NBA, the defense rules are a bit better in college

most of the teams in the nba play a style or in a system, lakers celtics spurs bulls, each have their strengths, especially during playoffs when every play matters

it's more logical to rely on stars to carry teams, since they have the advantage every time

but bottom line, why watch a sport if you're not watching the best
To learn. Back when I was a kid, my dad, and my coaches always said to watch NCAA Div 1 games if I want to be better. Watch the NBA for entertainment, watch college ball to learn. This was especially true in the 90s when Zone defense was illegal in the NBA. Damn, I still have have my NCAA Final Four vhs tapes from 1994 (Arkansas Razorback were the champs) and the 96 and 97 Final four games with Pitino's team (Kentucky at that time) reaching both finals game.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #3085
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
Like I said, it's NOT the same sport. NBA relies heavily on individual talent, whereas college ball relies heavily on teamwork and strategy.

If you call giving the ball to LeBron James and letting him do his thing 1on1 or 1on2 and only dish it out to good shooters only once he gets triple teamed "strategy" or "a system" in comparison to what goes on at the college level, then so be it.

But I said it before, and I'll say it again, there is nothing more exciting than close NCAA D1 games. And there is no greater sporting event to watch than March Madness (Well maybe the World Cup).
i dont like iso plays but watching the triangle, the princeton offense, the flex offense and the d'antoni offense is great to see when the players are as talented as they are

a system based team of balanced talents always triumphs individuals in any sport, but any coach would love to have a player like lebron attract that much attention
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #3086
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile

Quote:
im gonna start going there more often since my seasons over this saturday, but we play Camosun College at Comosun, support the Langara Falcons and come out and watch

You play at the college level ? Honger or no honger, we're all shitty compared to you.....
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #3087

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
poor talent, all they do is launch 3s and jumpers, whereas the nba, players actually have the talent to take advantage of their defender and get to the hole, defense is a lot easier to play in college, but the most complex defense is in the NBA, the defense rules are a bit better in college

most of the teams in the nba play a style or in a system, lakers celtics spurs bulls, each have their strengths, especially during playoffs when every play matters

it's more logical to rely on stars to carry teams, since they have the advantage every time

but bottom line, why watch a sport if you're not watching the best

yeahe man dribble drive offense is the best, it makes the point guard look amazing. all you do is shooot threes in transition and in the half court set
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #3088

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
You play at the college level ? Honger or no honger, we're all shitty compared to you.....
lmao i dont shit on them i just hate it when they straight up think they're kobe and talk shit, thats when i have no choice but to roast them with my dwill handles and drose quickness
Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #3089
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
yeahe man dribble drive offense is the best, it makes the point guard look amazing. all you do is shooot threes in transition and in the half court set
i dont know of anything more effective in the half court than the ability to beat your man off the dribble, you get a open layup or an assist
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #3090

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ for sure, aside from dribble penetration, I fcking love the pick and roll game in the NBA, there is nothing like it. Nash - Stoudemire, Paul - West.... I started learning how to use a high pick few months back and in my league games most of the time it gives me a path to the hoop that I can abuse, people just can't defend it.

lol, I have no idea how you guys manage to play and play well against hongers, for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.
They just have a different style of play which confuses the shit out of me it's like they do everything backwards and it totally throws me off.

I can't defend them, they got the most awkward fakes that I have never seen so obviously don't know how to defend, and when I try to penetrate, aside from the fear of being hacked to death their defense is so awkward I have no idea how to react to it and make the right move accordingly.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #3091

^ SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS UP AGAINST HONGERS
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #3092

Anyone here down to play ball one time at the oval??? friday night??
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #3093
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts

holy fuck.. carter was amazing back than..
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #3094
Banned (ABWS)

word, carter had potential to be the next mj
Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #3095
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #3096
Banned (ABWS)

congrats ray, hate the celtics but he's the one upstanding guy
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #3097
Banned (ABWS)

Ray Ray ftw!
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #3098
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

so there's three things that can bring me to tears ... family, dogs, and Ray Allen

WIN
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #3099
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Two sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that Sloan reacted angrily during the home loss when guard Deron Williams called a play on the floor that was different from the one Sloan called from the sideline.

That led to an emotional dispute at halftime, sources said, which was followed by Sloan's closed-door meeting with O'Connor after the game.

One source stressed that the play-calling flap was just one incident among a number of flare-ups in recent weeks, indicating Sloan's relationship with Williams has been deteriorating.
Wow, I think I've lost a lot of respect for D-Will...
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #3100

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
SHUTTLESWORRRRRTHHHHH de JESUSSSSSS !!!!!

as far as D will, he's been pissed for months and months now, it all started when they traded his best buddy Ronnie Brewer, he basically had said that the team has gotten worse and are headed in the wrong direction. I mean ya I fully agree, they dump Boozer, Korver and Brewer, those are quality guys, so he was quoted saying that's one of the reasons he only signed a 3 year contract with the Jazz and it's obvious he wants out.