REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #4376
Need to Seek Professional Help

lebron made some big shots there. maybe this is the year he can begin to prove that he has more ability to close games than he has shown in the past.
Advertisement
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #4377
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
damn fuck miami
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #4378
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

wow now that was a game
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #4379
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
GG
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #4380
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
ooooo Lebron, you won a championship with wade and bosh....big fuking deal.
Nobody has ever done it alone, bitter Cleveland fan.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #4381
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
miami-heat-big-3.jpg
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #4382
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
fuck the heats, jumping on the mavs bandwagon.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #4383
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Fk the Heat. Mavs all the way.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #4384

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wb View Post
It wouldn't be an excuse at all...I have never EXPECTED the Heat to win it all this year. I knew they'd have a good shot at the title, but I have never expected them to win it all. I still don't. I think they are better than Dallas, but I know that Dallas will give them a good run and could very well end up being the better team and coming out on top.

That said, you'd have to be dumb to think that this is it for Miami's roster. They made their big moves and I can only expect that they still make moves here and there to help fill holes at the center and point guard positions. I expect them to be better next year than they are this year. At that point, I would be able to say that the Heat have the best roster in the league. At that point, I can expect from the Heat what I have expected from the Lakers ever since Bynum developed into a beast; and that is to win the championship. The same way I've expected that the Lakers should win the championship for the past 4 or 5 years, I will expect Miami to win the championship for the next 5 years, under the conditions that they make some small moves here and there.
Just out of curiosity... remember when LBJ went to the finals with the Cavs and lost.. everyone here and the nba world said that's because he had no support, took the to the finals himself..etc.... and now you are saying if they lose this finals, you'll still say he had no support and on a weak team?? LOL... wtf does it take for him to win the championships? Howard and Chris paul?

Sure you didn't expect them to win or whatever but c'monnnn this team is pretty good with Miller/Bibby/Chalmers/Jones as the role players that helped them throughout the season.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #4385

I see the Mavs taking this though.. I'm not saying that because I'm not a Heat fan but I think Mavs match up well with them...It's up to Dirk to shut down Bosh somehow (Dirk is a decent D guy too) and just let Wade and LBJ get their points...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #4386

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Just out of curiosity... remember when LBJ went to the finals with the Cavs and lost.. everyone here and the nba world said that's because he had no support, took the to the finals himself..etc.... and now you are saying if they lose this finals, you'll still say he had no support and on a weak team?? LOL... wtf does it take for him to win the championships? Howard and Chris paul?

Sure you didn't expect them to win or whatever but c'monnnn this team is pretty good with Miller/Bibby/Chalmers/Jones as the role players that helped them throughout the season.
Chemistry? Spo and Boss's first crack at the title?

It's a tough tough one to predict. I'm going with the Mavs just because nobody deserve this more than Dirk, one of the most underrated superstar in the history.

Both teams have great momentum. Both have beaten experience vet team (Lakers and Celtics) and young, athletic teams (Thunder and Bulls). Both have made tough tough comebacks.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #4387
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
^LMFAO!!!!! Do you think he gives a fuck who he wins it with? You're dumb.

um ok you don't have to resort to insults. obviously lebron doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. there's no doubt he's an awesome player. all i'm saying is... by forming a big three in miami lessens his legacy substantially.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #4388
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

woo go heat!
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #4389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Chemistry? Spo and Boss's first crack at the title?

It's a tough tough one to predict. I'm going with the Mavs just because nobody deserve this more than Dirk, one of the most underrated superstar in the history.

Both teams have great momentum. Both have beaten experience vet team (Lakers and Celtics) and young, athletic teams (Thunder and Bulls). Both have made tough tough comebacks.
Chemistry? and a coach's first time at the title will be the reason ? lol..

How many games in a row did they win in the regular season?
Beats the 76ers, Celtics and Bulls 4-1 in the playoffs and if they don't win the finals, the reason is f'ng CHEMISTRY? LOL.. Unreal!

Next thing I'll hear is the ball was flat.

The celtics won the title when their big 3 came on and their bench wasnt good (it wasn't rondo's breakout year, etc)... Why does LBJ/Wade/Bosh, and co. get a break if they don't win it...

The fact is... Heat fans are playing it easy just in case they don't win..

Last edited by 411ken; 05-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #4390

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
um ok you don't have to resort to insults. obviously lebron doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. there's no doubt he's an awesome player. all i'm saying is... by forming a big three in miami lessens his legacy substantially.
there would be not much of a legacy if he doesn't win anyhow. the nba is tough to win. its always the same stacked teams that will make it and win it. we've seen so many good players that have been so good in this league but have never won. years go by and some of these guys simply just become an after thought. lebron's just trying to win in his prime. honestly if he didn't do the stupid 1 hour special and just simply signed away, it wouldn't be this big of a deal.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #4391
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulated View Post
honestly if he didn't do the stupid 1 hour special and just simply signed away, it wouldn't be this big of a deal.
Yes, it would have...People would've found another reason to hate...
n3wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #4392
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
You can count me out of that...Everything what I said is truly what I believe...When Celtics formed their big 3, I did not expect them to win...I expected the Lakers to win. So it's not that I'm giving the Heat a break if they don't win it...I never expected Boston to win it either...

Chemistry is not the problem with this team. They are great for chemistry. But overall, they don't have much. There is HUGE drop after Bosh...Who is their 4th best player? Haslem? The Mavericks have a much more well-rounded team and can get production CREATED by so many of their guys. I can see Miami picking up a few upgrades here and there next season and be good to go. Nothing major of course, they have good role players, but these guys aren't exactly versatile.

I also want to say that although I obviously would be disappointed if Heat were to lose, I would be very happy for Dirk as he's a stand-up guy that probably deserves a ring more than anyone. The Heat will get plenty of shots to win some rings, but, in all reality, this is probably Dirk's last chance...
Old 05-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #4393
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

heat banwagoners will find excuses if the heat dont win this year.

This team was build around the big 3 and only the big 3.

the big 3, then just add ons in the off season and more add ons at the trade deadline.

I wouldnt say this team was build properly, they are missing some pieces. But before the season started, it was pretty clear it was these 3 guys -james, bosh and wade to bring the title back to miami.

So, if miami doesnt win, there is no excuses, they simply failed this year.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #4394
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Wow I really thought the bulls were going to win that one. D Rose needed help and noone stepped up in crunch time. Brewer and Thomas helped out a little but everyone else was non existent... I don't hate Miaimi, I just hate Lebron. Go Mavs!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #4395

Quote:
Yes, it would have...People would've found another reason to hate...
people are going to hate but it wouldn't be on this scale if he had just quietly moved on like any other superstars in the past would have.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #4396
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Wow I really thought the bulls were going to win that one. D Rose needed help and noone stepped up in crunch time. Brewer and Thomas helped out a little but everyone else was non existent... I don't hate Miaimi, I just hate Lebron. Go Mavs!
Noone, INCLUDING D-ROSE, stepped up in crunchtime...Rose was 4/23 in the 4th quarters of this series...moreover, he was 9/29 in the close-out game...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #4397

Quote:
Chemistry? and a coach's first time at the title will be the reason ? lol..

How many games in a row did they win in the regular season?
Beats the 76ers, Celtics and Bulls 4-1 in the playoffs and if they don't win the finals, the reason is f'ng CHEMISTRY? LOL.. Unreal!

Next thing I'll hear is the ball was flat.

The celtics won the title when their big 3 came on and their bench wasnt good (it wasn't rondo's breakout year, etc)... Why does LBJ/Wade/Bosh, and co. get a break if they don't win it...

And who was to challenge that Celtics? LA with Ariza and Bynum in street clothes? Pierce even needed the wheelchair stunt to put that LA team away. Do you even know Miami are facing a team that is playing too too well both on the road and at home.

Yes, everybody that have a brain and follow basketball except Miami themselves will excuse them if they lose against Dallas.

People are retarded to think it's easy to win like ABC when you assemble a bunch of stars together. They are, in fact, hating out of jealousy.

People are even more retarded to think it'seven probable to have 1 single star carry your team to titles. Nobody has ever done it. LeBron wasn't the first, and certainly aint gonna be the last one.

Rose is just a very talented kid got hyped up the media, until Bron and Wade took him to school. He'll go through LeBron's path until 1 day he realize that Boozer is not a star. There is one stat that stands out: Rose shoot about 6% when guarded by James.

Winning the Larry O'Brien trophy isn't easy. That's a fact, 2 stars, 3 stars or 4 stars.

Last edited by Nlkko; 05-27-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #4398
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Noone, INCLUDING D-ROSE, stepped up in crunchtime...Rose was 4/23 in the 4th quarters of this series...moreover, he was 9/29 in the close-out game...
i wouldnt blame Rose, he had Lebron, a much bigger and taller guy, guarding him for the majority of the time
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #4399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
And who was to challenge that Celtics? LA with Ariza and Bynum in street clothes? Pierce even needed the wheelchair stunt to put that LA team away. Do you even know Miami are facing a team that is playing too too well both on the road and at home.

Yes, everybody that have a brain and follow basketball except Miami themselves will excuse them if they lose against Dallas.

People are retarded to think it's easy to win like ABC when you assemble a bunch of stars together. They are, in fact, hating out of jealousy.

People are even more retarded to think it'seven probable to have 1 single star carry your team to titles. Nobody has ever done it. LeBron wasn't the first, and certainly aint gonna be the last one.

Rose is just a very talented kid got hyped up the media, until Bron and Wade took him to school. He'll go through LeBron's path until 1 day he realize that Boozer is not a star. There is one stat that stands out: Rose shoot about 6% when guarded by James.

Winning the Larry O'Brien trophy isn't easy. That's a fact, 2 stars, 3 stars or 4 stars.

The fact is this... Celtics SUCKED before.. brought in KG and Allen = NBA champs/finals... Last year, Miami SUCKED... brought in LBJ and Bosh = Finals (maybe champs).. YOu talk like bringing 3 superstars into a team will not make a difference.. but trust me, it does... It makes the ENTIRE team better/confident, etc... I just love how you brought up that if they lose this year that it's because of chemistry LOL after 82 games.. 3 playoff rounds...

If you put Kobe/Howard/Paul or Rose together for example, I will be the first to tell you that I expect them to win..why? cuz they are great bball players with high bball IQ that can/should make the team better and even score at will if need be anytim.e

I AGREE that winning the championship isn't easy.. i never said it was. but your chances of WINNING the title is greater with 3 superstars + role players..
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #4400
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
napoleon

shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote