REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #5751
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
dat block

Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #5752
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Many of us here, including myself, were wrong about Anthony's ability to co-exist with Lin. Melo thinks he's the team leader, and pulled that act last year when he arrived and started preaching that everybody needed to play defense, but the problem is that his body of work is the play of a me-first loser. Adding J.R. Smith and Baron Davis to the mix just puts fuel on this fire. The team awkwardly defers to Anthony on offense, and suffers greatly due to his defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
George Karl had to build a system around Carmelo...Carmelo is an isolation player...How can you expect a guy to be able to get get the ball, wait for isolation, jab step 30 times before finally making a move, and put up a shot all in a time span of 7 seconds?? You can't. Carmelo cannot play in the 7 seconds or less system. He also probably doesn't move very well without the ball.
I actually made the comment how anthony and lin cannot coexist due to mike D system in the other thread. As much I denied it, I wanted them to prove me wrong.

In my opinion, new york has to make a choice: either fire mike d'anotoni, or tell melo to become more of a catch and shoot player (for the first 3 quarters) and move way better without the ball. - primary defense. His stats will obviously suffer, but he only cares about winning right?

Pick and roll, run and gun for the first 3 period and play a slower and half court game in the 4th period. This is where anthony's game becomes useful because since the game slows down (especially in the playoffs) and isolation game becomes a better option.

Remember in phx 04-06, they had a good system going on, run & gun and pick & roll. But when they played a slow game against the spurs in the 4th quarter (in the playoffs), they were shut down. One thing missing from them was a player who could create his own shot. Phx never had that, New york does. This is where I think New york is much better offensively than compared to phx back then.

any opinions?
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #5753
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Come on Knicks, get those rebounds! Bulls are getting too many offensive rebounds in the fourth quarter.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #5754
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Oh, no! Lin with his fifth foul. Go Knicks! Knock these Bulls out.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #5755

Dammit.. I really thought the Knicks coulda had this game.. That posession with ~45 secs left... shoulda scored multiple times.. dammit

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #5756
Fanboy

Knicks can't finish games, once the 3rd quarter hits they fall apart.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #5757
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Trade Chatter: Rondo, Gasol Swap? « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

Gasol for Rondo?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #5758

^At first I didnt mind the swap and was excited.

But someone bought a good point: what happens if bynum somehow gets injured? if they trade gasol, and worst comes to worst, LA does not ahve a front line.

They jsut need a PG (whether its sessions, hirinch, calderon etc) and a guy who can come off the bench and score.
Minimize the PG problem and lamar's absence.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #5759
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Isn't happening.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #5760
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
^At first I didnt mind the swap and was excited.

But someone bought a good point: what happens if bynum somehow gets injured? if they trade gasol, and worst comes to worst, LA does not ahve a front line.

They jsut need a PG (whether its sessions, hirinch, calderon etc) and a guy who can come off the bench and score.
Minimize the PG problem and lamar's absence.
IF boston does for some reason offer Rondo for Gasol.. I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't see it happening though.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #5761

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
IF boston does for some reason offer Rondo for Gasol.. I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't see it happening though.
Lakers are not willing to trade Gasol for Rondo, according to the Los Angeles Times. Boston and LA talked last week but a trade was never close. Prying Gasol from LA is going to be very tough for any team to do, and therefore, it is very unlikely that he will be moved.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #5762

The Nets are emerging as the most likely trade partner for Dwight Howard. A possible deal with the Nets would center around Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks for Howard and Turkoglu. The Lakers, Warriors and Rockets are also candidates to make offers. The Magic have less than 48 hours to find the right deal.

Meanwhile, the Bulls are "exploring avenues" to try to trade for Pau Gasol. LA reportedly won't trade Gasol for Rajon Rondo, so I assume they'll quickly shoot down a deal centered around Boozer. The only way this will work is if a third team gets involved, perhaps the Wolves, Warriors or Rockets, though the Rockets have wisely refused to make Kyle Lowry available in trade talks with the Lakers, according to ESPN.com.

Last edited by bballguy; 03-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #5763
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Warriors trade Monte Ellis, Kwame Brown, and Ekpe Udoh to the Bucks for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson

Warriors to send Monta Ellis to Bucks in trade for Andrew Bogut - NBA - Yahoo! Canada Sports
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #5764
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
LOL? Stephen Jackson back to GS?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #5765

Warriors and Bucks have agreed in principle to a deal that will send Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown to the Bucks in exchange for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson.

Warriors trade away their ''franchise'' player in Ellis along with the young Epke Udoh, who has shown flashes of brilliance. Brown comes off the books after this season so that's even better for Milwuakee. Warriors get the often injured, and therefore unreliable Andrew Bogut, along with Stephen Jackson's ridiculous contract.

Horrible deal for the Warriors and a great deal for the Bucks, who are fighting for the 8th seed in the East. New York is in trouble.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #5766

^honestly thought orlando could have been the 3rd team to the deal. But I guess the bucks didnt want anyone from orlando
Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #5767

Bynum is a freaking beast holy shit

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #5768
I subscribe to Revscene

i flinch every time he makes a physical play. he's stepped it up the past few weeks - would be a shame for him to get injured.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #5769
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
Remember in phx 04-06, they had a good system going on, run & gun and pick & roll. But when they played a slow game against the spurs in the 4th quarter (in the playoffs), they were shut down. One thing missing from them was a player who could create his own shot. Phx never had that, New york does. This is where I think New york is much better offensively than compared to phx back then.

any opinions?
wasn't joe johnson was that player?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #5770
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

This is why Bynum and Kobe are my favorite lakers. Great Game

Any other trade rumors floating around?
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #5771

^Bulls want Gasol IIRC, I read from somewhere

As for Bynum, that guy freaking played 48 minutes today, and honestly, I`m still having my doubts with his knee :/ Imagine Gasol is dealed at the deadline and then Bynum gets injured; thats like a disaster waiting to happen

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #5772
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Gasol+Laker bench for D Rose?
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #5773
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Jennings is also available according to hoopshype and realgm. I can see a three team trade with the Rockets, Lakers and Bucks with the Rockets getting Gasol, Lakers getting Jennings (he's from compton) and the Bucks getting Scola/Martin. It's hard to match the salaries as Jennings is still on his rookie contract, obviously other players would be needed to match the salaries as well as draft picks.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #5774

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Jennings is also available according to hoopshype and realgm. I can see a three team trade with the Rockets, Lakers and Bucks with the Rockets getting Gasol, Lakers getting Jennings (he's from compton) and the Bucks getting Scola/Martin. It's hard to match the salaries as Jennings is still on his rookie contract, obviously other players would be needed to match the salaries as well as draft picks.
Jennings isn't going anywhere...and that trade makes no sense for Milwuakee since Ersan has blown up and Gooden is doing great...Also having 2 shooting guards in Ellis and Martin is a bad idea...
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #5775

After the Heat/Magic game, Howard said that he would like to stay in Orlando for the rest of the season, and dared the Magic to "roll the dice." Seems like Howard wants to play the season out so the the team which he ultimately signs with doesn't have give up assets to get him...Plus, why not finish the season in contention (though I don't think they are at all a threat come playoffs) than play for the lowly Nets who have no shot at making the playoffs at this point...