REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #6001
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ well that one pull up for Anthony worked, lol, happened to be the game winner too..

soon as he shot it I thought FUCK what a stupid shot, go for the sure thing penetrate draw foul...
but I guess he was feelin real good, worked out for him...

was tough for Rose to come back and have to deal with Shumperts defense on the perimeter
I didn't have much to say about Melo since he knocked down those clutch threes. The "other Knicks" are the ones fustrating to watch. Shumpert pull up 3 instead of trying to make a play?
Advertisement
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #6002
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Odom is leaving the Mavs. Dallas is paying him out for the remainder of the season and not waiving him.

Report: Mavericks and forward Odom agree to part ways
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #6003
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Lamar Scrotum is the definition of a little pussy bitch.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #6004
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Call it the Kardashian curse. Lamar started buying into his own hype.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #6005
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I hope the lakers pick odom back up this off season. Kobe wants him and Fisher back.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #6006
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

NBA needs more grown men than immature tall cry babies. You play because you love this game , and its your job. Bring back the 90's... Sick and tired of shit personalities like Odom, Carter (raptors years).
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #6007
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I hope the lakers pick odom back up this off season. Kobe wants him and Fisher back.
Fisher sucks. Sessions is there to stay.
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #6008

I'm honestly getting bored of the NBA; Especially after this season, when I truly started following the NHL...I used to be a HUGE NBA fan, and I still am a huge basketball fan, I plan to play forever, but the NBA is just getting boring...Playoffs is the only thing that is worth watching anymore.

So many pussies in the league sitting games just because...hardly ever see full effort put in by the stars until the 4th quarter...just not worth my time anymore.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #6009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I'm honestly getting bored of the NBA; Especially after this season, when I truly started following the NHL...I used to be a HUGE NBA fan, and I still am a huge basketball fan, I plan to play forever, but the NBA is just getting boring...Playoffs is the only thing that is worth watching anymore.

So many pussies in the league sitting games just because...hardly ever see full effort put in by the stars until the 4th quarter...just not worth my time anymore.
+1. What ever happened to NBA players giving 100% effort every game, whether healthy or sick? Just like back in the day with Jordan scoring 38 against Utah, while battling the flu in the 1997 finals, game 5.

Jordan was sick and he played SICK. Boy, that was one of the best games ever for any NBA player. His Airness made the Jazz sick, lol.

Now that is the kind of effort and drive that would make me watch the NBA more often during the regular season.

article: ESPN Classic - Even sick, Jordan dominated
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #6010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
+1. What ever happened to NBA players giving 100% effort every game, whether healthy or sick? Just like back in the day with Jordan scoring 38 against Utah, while battling the flu in the 1997 finals, game 5.

Jordan was sick and he played SICK. Boy, that was one of the best games ever for any NBA player. His Airness made the Jazz sick, lol.

Now that is the kind of effort and drive that would make me watch the NBA more often during the regular season.

article: ESPN Classic - Even sick, Jordan dominated
That's a horrible example....Guys today will still play in the finals even if they are sick...I'm talking about regular season....
and I don't find the fact that he PLAYED sick a big deal...It's HOW he played, and the fact that he was still able to dominate that made it impressive...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #6011
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Lakers can win without Kobe?????

Then again its only NOH

MWP is a retard..

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #6012
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Antoine Walker announces retirement from basketball - CBSSports

no more shimmy...well...to be honest, the shimmy hasn't happened for several years now...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #6013

A good win for the Celtics. Boston was deadly in its shooting with 60% from the field.

KG showed glimpses of his younger self. Big Ticket was dominant on both end of the floor, shooting 11/14, and grabbing 9 rebounds.

Pierce played well. -played strong to the hoop, scoring with his left hand over Bosh.

D Wade and Bosh were 14/34 from the field.

That Celtics win over Miami nine days ago was no fluke!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #6014

Loved that the celts killed the heat
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #6015
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post

Im in the exact same boat as you... Im starting to watch more and more hockey until the nba playoffs start..

Also so many players are turning to drama queens, from bynum to howard etc...
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #6016

And now Wade thinks that olympians should get paid....Great, now my favourite player in the league is a fucking idiot too...fuck the NBA;

Dwyane Wade: NBA Olympians should be compensated - ESPN
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #6017
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Don't remember the last time Metta World Peace (love it) scored over 20 points.

And Bynum with 30 rebounds. Beast. Immature. But still beast.
ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #6018
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I can't agree with Ray Ray and Wade one bit on that Olympic bullshit they spoke on, I get where they're coming from in the sense that Olympics are at the heart a business oriented event working under the guise of international competition. In a eerily similar manner of NCAA athletes in the US as well, I mean it lines the pockets of everyone except the people putting in the actual work on the playing field.
I know lots of money is made off the backs of athletes like Wade or others, but for fucks sake at the end of the day you are representing your country and going against the world everything else should be eclipsed by that fact alone.

And the extra comments they made about how it wears them out and they're tired because you don't get much rest between the NBA seasons, boo fucking hoo, that's a given you fckin jackasses.... you have any second thoughts or doubts, and I mean ANY...... step the fuck aside and let young guns whose heart will actually skip a beat when they first put on the flag of their birth country in front of the world, and not some old jackasses who've gotten bored of doing it and are looking for reasons to keep on doing it. Only one reason and one reason only to do it, represent your country and beat the best in the world to be the best in the world... these assholes wanna bring dollar signs into the conversation, fck off seriously
Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #6019

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I can't agree with Ray Ray and Wade one bit on that Olympic bullshit they spoke on, I get where they're coming from in the sense that Olympics are at the heart a business oriented event working under the guise of international competition. In a eerily similar manner of NCAA athletes in the US as well, I mean it lines the pockets of everyone except the people putting in the actual work on the playing field.
I know lots of money is made off the backs of athletes like Wade or others, but for fucks sake at the end of the day you are representing your country and going against the world everything else should be eclipsed by that fact alone.

And the extra comments they made about how it wears them out and they're tired because you don't get much rest between the NBA seasons, boo fucking hoo, that's a given you fckin jackasses.... you have any second thoughts or doubts, and I mean ANY...... step the fuck aside and let young guns whose heart will actually skip a beat when they first put on the flag of their birth country in front of the world, and not some old jackasses who've gotten bored of doing it and are looking for reasons to keep on doing it. Only one reason and one reason only to do it, represent your country and beat the best in the world to be the best in the world... these assholes wanna bring dollar signs into the conversation, fck off seriously
This isn't even worth having a conversation about...you'd be talking to an idiot if you were trying to convince someone that olympians should be compensated....It's why the NBA isn't worth my time; how about shutting the fuck up about money that you already have more than enough of, and go win the fucking championship that you should've already won last year. Fucking dumbasses...as if Javale McGee, Andray Blatche, DeMarcus Cousins, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Dwight Howard haven't already said enough stupid shit, Wade has to come and add this shit. WHY AM I EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS AND NOT BASKETBALL???!??
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #6020

^ spot on brosef, back to teh baller talk.....

GOTDAMN !! CP3 buried the Thunder tonight! get ready for a long read bitchesss I got time to kill !
I know I'm biased when it comes to CP3 he been my favorite player since his rookie year, but who the fuck else is a better point guard than this guy, I mean really ?

Who else is a better PG than CP3, who else literally swallows up everything a PG should be, and then spits ball through the hoop game worthy of an all-star SG.
The fact alone that all these years since he's become an all star, every time the conversation of who the best PG is, Chris is ALWAYS in the conversation, that alone should tell the story.
I'm thinking here off the top of my head, and fuck it I've been wanting to make a chart like this for a while now, so I'm goin all out with it I got time to kill....

chart is as follows, no minuses just straight up and pluses

Christopher fucking Paul

Passing__ A+ (does EVERYTHING and more, a pure PG should do)
Offense__ A (no + cuz his smaller 6' size is is only weakness really)
Defense__ A+ (pesky hardnosed defender, almost always a top steals leader)

Rajon Rondo

Passing__ A+ (eyes back of his head, literally sees the floor 360 degrees)
Offense__ C+ (clearly uncomfortable scoring, unless it's anything inside of
7 feet)
Defense __ A+ (absolute nightmare matchup for ANYONE)

Derrick Rose

Passing __ B (yea he gets assists, but he's a natural SG world knows it by now, and assist he does get are mostly due to the fact he draws so much attention from the defense, there will always be a Bull open soon as Rose takes one dribble inside the 3 point line)
Offense __ A+ (just ridiculous with teh attacks and body controls, imagine if he was a few inches taller, holy fck we would have the second coming of MJ in the United Center)
Defense __ C+ (I'm pretty sure with his athleticism he's capable of a lot more here, but he plays defense as if he's told by the coaching staff to conserve energy on D cause he got Noah, Gibson and Asik behind him protecting the rim, and also always Deng guarding the opposing teams best perimeter players)

Steve Nash

Passing__ A+ (I don't think it's even going out on a limb to call this guy the purest passer the game has ever seen, proud to call him a countryman let alone a local guy)
Offense__ B+ (honestly the dude can average close to 20ppg even this season if he wanted too, he's taken over a few games this season and scored at will, but he's busy this season setting up his teammates)
Defense__ C- (I don't think his defense is as bad as everyone says, but if you consider he's a non athletic 38 year old white guy from Canada guarding D Rose and Westbrooks of the world, he really should be getting an A++ in defensive department)

Russ Westbrook

Passing__ C (I have yet to see a natural and willing pass come out of his hands)
Offense__ A+ (didn't even want to give him a + on top, but was forced too because of the points he puts up, otherwise horrible shot selection half the time, but he puts pressure on the defense like only few others can)
Defense__ B+ (for now he's relying on his athleticism for his d, and he oozes athleticism so has lots to spare, and only got a + on the B because of how hard he hustles for loose balls, but needs to learn system defense better to rank higher here)

Tony Parker

Passing__ B+ (knows where to put the ball and when to do it, yet very mechanical about it, not natural enough of a passer to get an A)
Offense__ A (uncanny ability to get in the paint for a 6 footer and finish, if Iverson is the #1 finisher at the hoop under 6 foot, I gotta say Parker is in the top 5)
Defense__ C+ (really tough to tell since the Spurs are such a good team defense oriented squad, but he can definitely keep up with the speediest of PG's maybe a B is in order but I couldn't do it, he's French after all, oh and who cheats on Eva Longoria, that too)

Deron Williams

Passing__ A (just a great extremely solid passer simply said, makes life very easy for his teammates basically spoon feeding them night after night)
Offense__ A (too big, too strong, too fast to stop)
Defense__ B+ (this guy does NOT get backed down or bumped around by any PG out there, nor does he get rattled by bigger guys setting screens but a little do indecisive at times when on the defensive end)

Honestly Deron Williams had the closest chance to beat Chris Paul, and would have gotten a + for both Passing and Offense if he was only more consistent, and let's just be honest here and go ahead and say playing for the Nets, the word right alongside consistent should be Interested as well.... I wouldn't be very interested playing with those dudes every night either

Shout out to the young guns who'll still be goin hard past 2020.... Kyrie, Wall, Rubio, Kemba, Steph, Jennings, Lawson, Augustin, Isiah Thomas..

Last edited by G-spec; 04-12-2012 at 12:32 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #6021

Bynum was a beast on the boards last night, 30 rebs. Also Metta picked it up by droppign 26. It's about damn time!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #6022

yea the Lakers, real interesting I been payin real close attention in the last 2 weeks especially since Kobe has been in and out of action.... Truth is everyone's production seemingly skyrockets when Kobe is out of the picture, for obvious reasons (30+ more shots and God knows how many possessions to go around) those guys in the head office don't have to be geniuses to figure this out.
For now Kobe's alpha male role is secure, but with this new discovery of how many beasts Lakers really have, I don't know if things will be the same next season.
And in a way it doesn't make sense either, we know Kobe isn't out because of "shin issues", Kobe is being rested right now, saving him for the playoffs, but for fcks sake doesn't anybody wanna look at the other side of the coin where you get some kind of freaky good chemistry going with the Lakers without Kobe the way it's been happening last few games, and then you throw Mamba back in the mix come playoff time just so he could fuck it all up

but I'm starting to think Jimbo Buss might actually know what he's doing, seems like he's taking a "Fuck you Kobe I don't have to take your shit, this isn't the early 2000's anymore" approach to running the team.
I'm still not fully sold on his unusal approach where he basically isolates himself from the rest of the organization and just calls the shots through speakerphone without having to see or talk to anyone about anything, but we'll see how well the Lakers do in the playoffs perhaps finals, once all that is over, they're either gonna be hailing Jim as a genius, or bashing him for being an idiot... thin thin line man, real thin line
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #6023

What about the Spurs? A small market team that is quietly playing into a championship contending team. Yeah, you can say that they're old, that the NBA frowns upon them for the low TV ratings they give them, and that they're boring.

As of today, San Antonio is third in team offense according to nba.com. They're dropping 102 points a game. Tim Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili can be a fearsome Three in the playoffs. Stephen Jackson gives them a good shooter.

Most of the focus is on OKC and the Lakers in the West when it comes to championship contenders. I wouldn't ignore the Spurs when it comes to championship contenders in the West.

NBA.com

Like it or not, the Spurs could end up on your TV come June | NBA.com
Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #6024

^ ya man, they're tough this year but nobody should ever count out Popovich....
I used to hate the Spurs during their championship years due to the fact they are so fckin lame, but I can't feel anything but respect and admiration now every time I look at Tim Duncan... one of the nicest guys around, and still goes boss mode on the court when he wants too. Ginobili is one of those guys you just hate because he is so good in the playoffs, just kills teams, same with that weasel Parker

oh Blakey Blake, I knew there was something fishy about this when I was watchin the game, now I see it in detail, lol

Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #6025
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
kobe coaching brown?

yup.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /