REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #6826
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Always had respect for Gregg Popovich but he's just taking it to another level!

Plus I think Spurs are the only team that can handle Heat right now. If OKC win they will lose in the finals. If Miami can beat Rondo they will have no problems with Westbrook.
Advertisement

Last edited by Obsideon; 05-29-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #6827
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
AirballWestbrook
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #6828
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
People gotta be careful about jumping on the Spurs bandwagon in regards to them VS the Miami Heat.
It's good to see an older team schoolin the youngins, but Spurs have had their dynasty, it's time for a new team to begin theirs.

The Spurs best weapon is their passing, but all that goes down the toilet when Wade, LeBron and Battier begin suffocating passing lanes at the top of their game. And when that happens the only adjustment Pop can really make is either go old school with dump the ball to Duncan on the left block, or the more obvious and likely one is giving Parker the green light to create things on his own. At that point I FUCKING HOPE Spoelstra is smart enough to put LeBron on Parker so he can shut him down like he did Derrick Rose last year.

That's the finals for me right there honestly, I see it going down that way.

I don't know how many people saw the Spurs making it to the finals this year, I myself saw the Thunder and Heat as did many others, but I mean wow, did the Spurs tighten the fck up this second half of the season or what, gotdamn!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #6829

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Come on OKC! An 8 point deficit now. You can do it!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #6830
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
COMEON OKC!!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #6831
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
parker shall not let em come back!!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #6832
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
feelsbadman
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #6833
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

damn spurs are too good.
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #6834

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Popovich has his team playing nasty.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #6835
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
People gotta be careful about jumping on the Spurs bandwagon in regards to them VS the Miami Heat.
It's good to see an older team schoolin the youngins, but Spurs have had their dynasty, it's time for a new team to begin theirs.

The Spurs best weapon is their passing, but all that goes down the toilet when Wade, LeBron and Battier begin suffocating passing lanes at the top of their game. And when that happens the only adjustment Pop can really make is either go old school with dump the ball to Duncan on the left block, or the more obvious and likely one is giving Parker the green light to create things on his own. At that point I FUCKING HOPE Spoelstra is smart enough to put LeBron on Parker so he can shut him down like he did Derrick Rose last year.

That's the finals for me right there honestly, I see it going down that way.

I don't know how many people saw the Spurs making it to the finals this year, I myself saw the Thunder and Heat as did many others, but I mean wow, did the Spurs tighten the fck up this second half of the season or what, gotdamn!
Lebron can shutdown parker and maybe Wade on Ginobilli but Duncan, although much older now, is still 100x better than Boozer if you are comparing the Bulls. Also with Bosh likely out for the rest of the playoffs, they can't contain Duncan with the likes of Haslem and Pittman. Plus their bench is running 10-deep now with everyone contributing.

The Spurs defense is their bread and butter so no need to mention that but damn their offensive system and passing is beautiful to watch, open 3's all day long!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #6836
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Lebron can shutdown parker and maybe Wade on Ginobilli but Duncan, although much older now, is still 100x better than Boozer if you are comparing the Bulls. Also with Bosh likely out for the rest of the playoffs, they can't contain Duncan with the likes of Haslem and Pittman. Plus their bench is running 10-deep now with everyone contributing.

The Spurs defense is their bread and butter so no need to mention that but damn their offensive system and passing is beautiful to watch, open 3's all day long!
Huh? Bosh likely out for the rest of playoffs? I haven't heard such thing...They haven't even looked that far ahead yet....but I would guess that he'd be able to return in at least another 2 weeks....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #6837
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
They got it to single digits and then ginobilli happened. All game he was putting up shots like

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #6838
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Damn, I thought OKC was going to come back. Good job Spurs. I didn't see the spurs making it this far. I'm very impressed.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #6839

Quote:

I get where you're going with that, but it would have made sense only years ago, not now.... you sayin Heat shut down Parker and Ginobili so Pittman or Haslem or Battier won't be able to contain Duncan. Well yea ok but that's the thing, everyone knows that almost all of Duncan's offense last few years comes from Parkers space creating abilities, making Duncan exclusively a pick and pop/roll player (mostly pop)
you can't put Duncan on the left block like you used to and tell him to go and have a consistent go at a hoop almost every posession, he's not that guy any more and there is no bigger evidence of this than the fact we haven't seen a patented Duncan bank shot where he sets up an iso for himself probably this whole playoff series.

So if Parker and Ginobili are shut down (the two creators on the team) Duncan is gonna be left alone to do something he really hasn't been able to do in years, consistently score off his own shot creation. Even against Haslem or Anthony or Pittman it won't come easy, and seeing how well Battier defended David West who's a similarly deadly midrange jumpshooter like Duncan in those last 2 games of that series I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on Duncan for a bit to throw him off

And Spurs defense is pretty good I know they rotate pretty well for older team in a half court set, but they are pretty bad in transition defense because of old legs always trying to slow the defensive pace because of this and guess who the best transition offensive team in the world is.... the Miami Heat...

and yea like ballguy said, Bosh has already had his first light practice with the team, he's back in the finals for sure, possibly this series too but the way the Heat been playing they don't need him just yet, they're killin the Celts
Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #6840

And on the Thunder Spurs series what that has me stumped there, I don't understand Russell Westbrook reverting to what he did the other year where he literally fcked with the pace of the game and shot his team's way out of the playoffs. Your best bet as a young running team is to run and gun against the Spurs hit them before they get in their defensive positions, you got to be an idiot not to notice how the Spurs are always trying to slow the pace down on defense and there's a reason for that..
I know Durant dropped 30, but it was a quiet 30 if you could call it that, the first 3 quarters of the game he was just doing a shitload of running and not a lot of touches, he needs to get way more touches throughout the whole game, keep him warm all game long. Instead of Westbrook dribbling around like a moron most of the game and then when the game is literally about to be lost you go "Oh fck, 1 quarter left double digit deficit, here's the ball Kevin, can you bail us out you scoring champ you?"

I'm really starting to doubt Scott Brooks as a coach now more than ever

and Westbrook guarding Parker has not worked, it just wears Russell down going through all those picks chasing Parker around to the point where he gets tired on the offensive end and settles for bad shots. I don't think anything can be done there except maybe keeping Thabo on Parker exclusively since you don't need his offensive output....
also Harden on Ginobili hasn't worked one bit, and they're fucked there absolutely nobody that can guard Ginobili on Thunder's roster... but I think they can shut down one of the two, either Tony or Manu, I would personally go with Tony I think anyone would.

also Russ's shot output I really wonder what the Thunder would look like it it was limited to 15 shots a game, the 20-30 shots a game Westbrook puts up is ridicilous when you consider the percentage that fall.
from all the ball games I've ever personally played I know if I score an efficient 20 points in a game, something like 8 of 11 shooting that my team is a lot closer in the final score than when I drop 40 on something like 14 for 30... you don't have to be a pro to understand that you can shoot your team's way out of a game single handedly
Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #6841
Ebisu Boss

I still think as of right now in the last few games and most of the previous series, Tony Parker has been better than Westbrook. Also you can't count out Popps, against Spoelstra? ... Heat are the best offensive transition team because of Bron and Wade, if Popps can setup the system the way they want and not give up too many turnovers they should be good.
Look at this series, making Scott Brooks look like an idiot. As a casual fan even I can tell that OKC are working their butts off for every basket, or resorting to low % lobs from an exhausted Westbrook while the Spurs seem to have all the time in the world to setup every shot, their ball distribution is amazing. If Westbrook is having such a tough time with Parker I don't see how Chalmers being much of a difference maker. They would be forced to put James on him, but Popps knows how to utilize his entire bench. He's getting production down to the 10th man!

I still got the Spurs on this!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #6842

On a side note... I hope the bobcats get first overall lol.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #6843
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
washington please!! i would like to see john wall + another star in the making killing it lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #6844
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
bobcats NEED the 1st overall lmao

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #6845

Quote:
I still think as of right now in the last few games and most of the previous series, Tony Parker has been better than Westbrook. Also you can't count out Popps, against Spoelstra? ... Heat are the best offensive transition team because of Bron and Wade, if Popps can setup the system the way they want and not give up too many turnovers they should be good.
Look at this series, making Scott Brooks look like an idiot. As a casual fan even I can tell that OKC are working their butts off for every basket, or resorting to low % lobs from an exhausted Westbrook while the Spurs seem to have all the time in the world to setup every shot, their ball distribution is amazing. If Westbrook is having such a tough time with Parker I don't see how Chalmers being much of a difference maker. They would be forced to put James on him, but Popps knows how to utilize his entire bench. He's getting production down to the 10th man!

I still got the Spurs on this!

ah gotcha brah, you goin with the Spurs.... cool, I just think these older teams that have already won like the Lakers and Celtics and Spurs and Dallas, I want their reign over with already, and the new breed of superstars and teams to take over and battle for chips, teams like the Bulls, Oklahoma, Heat, Indiana, Denver, Clippers, etc....

I gotta say though I am loving how the older 30+ year guys are still schoolin the youngins lettin'em know they're still here in force
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #6846
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I gotta say though I am loving how the older 30+ year guys are still schoolin the youngins lettin'em know they're still here in force
me too, reminds me of this

"you reach - i teach"

young michael: i got that...

old michael: you got what....that's a youngsta for ya...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #6847

^ one of the best commercials of all time ! we never see shit like that on TV here in CAnada too, sucks, instead we get primo pasta and sprite commercials during nba games for fcks sake

also has anyone noticed how eerily similar Michaels and Kobe's voices are ?
I mean I know that Kobe has always tried to emulate Michael in everything, the way they walk, move and behave, but to have almost an identical voice to MJ while doing all that is just eerie
Old 05-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #6848

Don't be surprised if cavs get #1 lol
Old 05-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #6849
Banned (ABWS)

If the NBA is really rigged Nets will get it but I think that will be too obvious. As long as the lolcats dont get Ant Davis ill be happy
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #6850

I totally forgot about NOrleans. Must've been part of the sale to get the top pick lol