REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #7401
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Nets' financial maneuvers to get Joe Johnson diminish the chance that DWill/JKidd come as package.
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #7402

Quote:
Deron Williams ‏@DeronWilliams
Made a very tough decision today....Deron Williams's Photo: Made a very tough decision today.... | Lockerz
Deron Williams chooses five-year, $100M deal with Nets over four-year, $75M deal w/hometown Mavericks

Last edited by bballguy; 07-03-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #7403
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Nets sign Spanish league star Mirza Teletovi

Gotta give a shout out here, this guy just made our country proud, one of the first Bosnian internationals to be signed legit to a multi year deal by an NBA team, I played in his summer pro league team few years ago in Europe when I was playing down there. He's a very good prototypical European big man, very well versed in the fundamentals, and can spot up shoot from just about anywhere comfortably.
He's also more athletic than most European big men his size, check the you tube clip...

if uhhh, Howard does end up coming to the Nets, then this guy will definitely help Dwight out in kind of a two way game that will look very similar to what Dwight and Turkoglu did back in the Magic heyday....
but with the Joe and Wallace deal, looks like Dwight isn't coming, so this guy is gonna be a very solid big man for the Nets

Last edited by G-spec; 07-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #7404

Now Nets could find themselves in the top 4 in the East.

D-Will
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries (whom they are trying to re-sign)
Brook Lopez (who is their next priority to re-sign)

+ a bench of:
Reggie Evans
MarShon Brooks
Mirza Teletubby
Gerald Green

& I've heard that they are trying to sign Ersan and, as I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if AK47 wants to play for the Nets too.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #7405

^ Ilyasova too ? damn that dude is solid every night, him and AK47 are like clones of one another, except Ersan is a much better scorer
Old 07-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #7406

Yup, Ilyasova has been tied to Nets a number of times now; I just don't know if they can afford him at this point as he can command at least $8mill/season

Last edited by bballguy; 07-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #7407
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

If I'm the Magic I'd take the Lakers deal I mean Bynum is the second best pure center after Dwight basically trading #1 for #2. The Nets deal gets more players Brooks, Lopez and Humphries but that team didn't win a lot of games without Williams, I mean the draft picks are nice but they are for 2013,15, and 17 most likely end up late in the draft with a trio of Williams, Joe and Howard.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #7408
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ I think a deal would've worked out between Magic and Lakers if Howard agrees to an extension. Sadly, he is still trying to force his way to the Nets =/
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #7409

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
If I'm the Magic I'd take the Lakers deal I mean Bynum is the second best pure center after Dwight basically trading #1 for #2. The Nets deal gets more players Brooks, Lopez and Humphries but that team didn't win a lot of games without Williams, I mean the draft picks are nice but they are for 2013,15, and 17 most likely end up late in the draft with a trio of Williams, Joe and Howard.
lol seriously man, how do you not get this....Obviously the Lakers have the best offer by far but it doesn't work if Howard doesn't want to go to L.A......
Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #7410

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lol seriously man, how do you not get this....Obviously the Lakers have the best offer by far but it doesn't work if Howard doesn't want to go to L.A......
What I was saying was the Magic should not be "blackmailed" by Dwight stating he'll only sign an extension with the Nets. Dwight would probably not admit it but he's against joining the Lakers since it was what Shaq did in his heyday.
If I'm the Lakers I'm taking the risk of renting Dwight for the year, Lakers if they do trade for Dwight get his Bird rights and can go over the cap and offer 1 extra year to retain him. 5 years 100 million to play in LA or 4 years and 80 million.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #7411

Yea it takes two teams to agree to a trade. Blame the Celtics for going the 3 star approach but I think the NBA has enough superstars to form a handfull of superteams to make it entertaining. Not saying the Heat will lose to the Nets if they get Howard but the Nets do have an all-star caliber PG and all-world C which are two of the Heat's weakest positions.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #7412

Quote:
If I'm the Lakers I'm taking the risk of renting Dwight for the year
Well, I guess that's why you're not a GM, right? That's a HUGE risk to just give up Bynum for someone who might leave you with nothing to show for....That's a great way to get fired...
Old 07-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #7413

Dubs, Cats, and Lakers are said to be interested in Jamison.

As Raptors, Knicks, & Mavs fight for Steve Nash, the Lakers have also quietly entered the picture & are making a hard push, per league source.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-03-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #7414

lol br0n just tweeted this:

Mavs president Donnie Nelson all-but said goodbye to free agent Jason Terry, who is on the verge of signing a three-year, $15 million contract with the Celtics.
"What Jet did for this city and franchise will never be forgotten," Nelson said. "He's one of the greatest clutch performers in the history of our game and even a better person. We wish him nothing but the very best."

Next up: Jesus to the Heat??
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #7415
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
^^^^ NOOOOOO ^^^^^

Didn't expect this... but fact Celtics got Jason Terry for the MLE is really effing good...

Celtics are now at 50 milllion with eight signed players, if celtics can get Bass and Green for cheap, Ray Ray can come back for sure if he goes for the money !!!

PG: Rondo/Terry/Moore
SG: Bradley/Allen
SF: Pierce/Green
PF: Bass/Sullinger or JJJ
C: KG/ Melo or Stiemsma

would be so sick
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #7416
Banned (ABWS)

Gordon agreed to 4 year 58mill offer sheet in Phoenix
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #7417

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Gordon agreed to 4 year 58mill offer sheet in Phoenix
and NO says they will match, while Gordon says that he "strongly feel (the Suns) are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is.''
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #7418

I have absolutely NO idea why Eric Gordon would want to go to Phoenix, Nash is almost gone, there is NOBODY left there, nothing to do whatsoever except average 25+ ppg, but if that's all you care about go for it brah....
just stay in NOLA and build with this core and Davis there now

LeBron is back on Twitter after a hiatus and it's pretty damn entertaining, he just tweeted this too... says "how awesome is this on so many levels"

Old 07-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #7419
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
It is unlikely that Ray Allen plays for Miami.
He is a proud athlete. -was angry at losing his starting job to Avery Bradley. -don't think Spoelstra would change the starting lineup so that Ray doesn't come off the bench.

If he's also looking to maximize his contract size, then Boston is the obvious choice as per the article:

Source: Heat, Clips, Grizz Pursuing Allen « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

The Heat can only offer Allen their mini mid-level exception that starts at $3.09 million next season, the same exception Miami used last year to sign free-agent forward Shane Battier. The Clippers have their full mid-level available at $5 million. Boston has offered Allen a two-year deal for $12 million.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #7420

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It is unlikely that Ray Allen plays for Miami.
He is a proud athlete. -was angry at losing his starting job to Avery Bradley. -don't think Spoelstra would change the starting lineup so that Ray doesn't come off the bench.

If he's also looking to maximize his contract size, then Boston is the obvious choice as per the article:

Source: Heat, Clips, Grizz Pursuing Allen « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

The Heat can only offer Allen their mini mid-level exception that starts at $3.09 million next season, the same exception Miami used last year to sign free-agent forward Shane Battier. The Clippers have their full mid-level available at $5 million. Boston has offered Allen a two-year deal for $12 million.
Sure, but with the Celtics having both Avery Bradley and Jason Terry, what makes you think their is much room for Allen in the system? As you mentioned, Allen was already losing time to Bradley last season. And the fact of the matter is that Jason Terry is not a point guard in any way....That's 3 guys playing shooting guard that are more than capable of starting on a lot of teams in this league......Someone is going to be unhappy with playing time if all 3 do in fact end up with the Celtics. I'm sure Allen is aware of that, hence why he is looking at other options.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #7421
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Dwight would probably not admit it but he's against joining the Lakers since it was what Shaq did in his heyday.
I'm quite sure that's all the media hype BS. Tell you what, it doesn't matter. All big stars want to win. They all look at Steve Nash and be like: "F that".

The biggest problem of a Howard Bynum swap is that Bynum is also on a contract that will expire next year. Without a sign and trade, the Magic would rent Bynum the same way LA would rent Howard. Pretty sure LA would have no problem getting Howard to sign an extension. Bynum, on the other hand. Also Bynum's bum knee is a big issue.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #7422
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I have absolutely NO idea why Eric Gordon would want to go to Phoenix, Nash is almost gone, there is NOBODY left there, nothing to do whatsoever except average 25+ ppg, but if that's all you care about go for it brah....
just stay in NOLA and build with this core and Davis there now
Kid is tripping. I just read ESPN and he's saying "Robert Sarver ... run a first class organization". WTF, son!
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #7423
Banned (ABWS)

Eric Gordon wants to leave up and coming Hornets to play with a bunch of scrubs in Phoenix except for maybe Gortat
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #7424

Dat nigga cray
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #7425
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Celtics will never go past the semifinalz with that lineup
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote