REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #8776
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Highlights of the Knicks vs. Rockets game tonight. Linsanity and Harden lead the way to a Rockets victory. If Melo was playing tonight, the final score would have been different.

-looks like Linsanity has a new pre-game ritual with his team mates now:

Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-17-2012 at 07:15 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #8777

Props to the Clippers for again showing their balanced offense, with their 10th straight win tonight. When you have CP3, Griffin, and Crawford, scoring 14, 15 points, and scoring from Barnes and Butler, this team is fun to watch.

-kept watching the replay of Griffin's tomahawk again and again. Sick!

Great block by Blake, protecting the basket and making the big dunk in transition:

Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #8778
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^ sick
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #8779
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Highlights of the Knicks vs. Rockets game tonight. Linsanity and Harden lead the way to a Rockets victory. If Melo was playing tonight, the final score would have been different.

Rockets vs Knicks | Full Game Highlights | NBA 2012-13 Season Dec 17, 2012 - YouTube

-looks like Linsanity has a new pre-game ritual with his team mates now:

Knicks Fans Cheer for Jeremy Lin back to the MSG 12/17/12 - YouTube
What's up with the creepy background music for the highlight video....
Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #8780

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
What's up with the creepy background music for the highlight video....
-some Chinese TV station must have added "Dark Knight Rises" soundtrack or some similar music to the Youtube clip when Linsanity and his team mates played the Knicks on Monday.

-saw a Chinese name on the right corner of the Youtube clip. Hilarious. The Chinese TV station making Lin have the presence of Batman.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #8781
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

nice to see the raptors string together 3 wins in a row. Hoping the lakers don't shit the bed against bobcats now
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #8782
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
nice to see the raptors string together 3 wins in a row. Hoping the lakers don't shit the bed against bobcats now
Need to get rid of that Bargnani POS.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #8783

why are raps trying to trade calderon?, thought he was the best pg they had.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #8784
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^lowry
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #8785
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
they almost did last night. They barely won which is pretty sad.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #8786

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
+1. Bargnani should be on the trading block once he's back from injury.

-such a slow poke, and being lethargic on defense. The dude has been eating too much Primo Pasta in these commercials.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #8787
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Looks like MDA wants to focus more on Offense as Meeks could be entering the starting line up

Nash/Meeks/Kobe/Gasol/Howard and MWP as the 6th man. I know they won't use that line against the likes of OKC/Heat, etc...or kobe is DONE lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #8788

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
They need to change management. Very obvious he's been taking this team in the wrong direction. In my opinion, a normal manager would have cut his losses a while ago with bargs. I remember a week or so ago when he blamed the team for not caring enough... maybe ownership should care a bit and final fire his dumb useless ass.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #8789

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I think Colangelo learned his lesson with that whole Euro messiah draft spree he's had over the last number of years, think he knows he won't find another Dirk, and Jonas is his last European pick.
He will not have the balls to draft another Euro again, he knows the criticism he's received and he's aware of exactly why he's received it.

As for Bargnani you guys are right, I see it as he's in the same situation that I said Bynum was in before Lakers traded him, and what I said about Bynum back then that he was unhappy there and he will never be able to play at 100% for that organization when he came back, hence he should be traded and Gasol left.
Bargnani has been quoted lately talkin a bunch of shit and it's obvious he's very unhappy, so same thing here, ditch him and put that PF position on the shoulders of Jonas and Amir, re-assure DeRozan that he is their future along with Lowry and build off the youth they have now, because there is obvious talent there but it's all up in the air now and they need to put the pieces down on the board to move forward.

I always liked Calderon still do, always thought he was a top 7 pg, very efficient old school point guard with only 1 flaw that is lack of defense. He dropped 2 triple doubles last few games just goes to show he is in no way ready to fade into obscurity. Even when Lowry came I didn't think Calderon should have lost his starting job, but in any case tough luck right now I don't know if he wants to spend the last few years he has left mentoring Lowry or if he wants to play them out somewhere else where he won't be shuffled around like he's a nobody, he doesn't deserve that from the Raptors.

Brooklyn @ New York tonight, don't know if Melo is gonna play.... but I read a quote from Deron Williams blaming his poor performance so far this season on coach Avery's system saying he prefers Sloan's system. The little bit of respect I had left for this guy after he basically had Sloan fired and bolted outta town, is all gone now, whatta turd nugget
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I always liked Calderon still do, always thought he was a top 7 pg, very efficient old school point guard with only 1 flaw that is lack of defense. He dropped 2 triple doubles last few games just goes to show he is in no way ready to fade into obscurity. Even when Lowry came I didn't think Calderon should have lost his starting job, but in any case tough luck right now I don't know if he wants to spend the last few years he has left mentoring Lowry or if he wants to play them out somewhere else where he won't be shuffled around like he's a nobody, he doesn't deserve that from the Raptors.
Lowry and Bargnani will probably remain out of the starting line-up when they return, at least until they start losing again...shouldn't take long though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Brooklyn @ New York tonight, don't know if Melo is gonna play.... but I read a quote from Deron Williams blaming his poor performance so far this season on coach Avery's system saying he prefers Sloan's system. The little bit of respect I had left for this guy after he basically had Sloan fired and bolted outta town, is all gone now, whatta turd nugget
He has been complaining about "the Iso-Joe" effect in Brooklyn too...
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #8791
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

how do u guys explain tim duncans play?

this guy is unreal...he keeps getting better as he gets older..his career stats are improving instead of declining...I always pass him up in fantasy pools thinking his numbers are gonna drop..
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #8792

^ San Antonia respects him, never brought in anyone to challenge his playing time and kept him happy not to mention the respect with Pop. Duncan is a patient player, doesn't force anything or do stupid things on the court that aren't in his repertoire which is why he stays consistent at a high level. I love how he never gets caught up in any bullshit hype, just does his thing night in night out. There was an interview with him that illustrated how well he took care of his body with dieting, yoga and some other stuff which I can't find right now.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #8793

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
how do u guys explain tim duncans play?

this guy is unreal...he keeps getting better as he gets older..his career stats are improving instead of declining...I always pass him up in fantasy pools thinking his numbers are gonna drop..
His numbers haven't been getting "better and better"....You've passed up on him in fantasy leagues for good reason in the past as his minutes are often limited, or he rests random games here and there. That's not the case though this year, which is why his numbers have gone significantly up. Whatever Pop has been doing in previous years hasn't been working so he's going back to his guys - You'll see a lot more of Parker, Manu, and Duncan being relied on all throughout the season this year.

How do I explain how he's still able to be so efficient at this age? Simple - He's relied on fundamental basketball and his high IQ - It's the same thing that still has Nash going at such a high level.

BTW, Raps win 4th in a row - wat...

Last edited by bballguy; 12-20-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #8794

^ Calderon ? 17 assists tonight.... the 2 triple doubles and now keep the streak goin... Lowry should be coming off the bench as long as Jose is effective, he never should have gotten Jose's starting job to begin with...
also, I didn't watch the game but lookin at the box score, only 2 guys from Pistons in double digits, well 1 guy really Stuckey barely got it with 13 points and Monroe had beastly 35..... I don't know if Raps defense or just an off night for Pistons

ohhhh, Manimal, lol... vomits due to flu but still dropped 19 n 11

Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #8795

Watched the Clips game earlier to see my main man CP3 became the 3rd youngest player to get 5,000 assists, behind Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas, and 5th fastest to get to the mark with only Big O and Johnny ahead of him alongside the first 2 guys.

So pretty elite company, he'll never reach Stockton's mark, most experts believe nobody ever will, but I think top 3 for sure. I see Chris playing well into his late 30's if healthy, like Nash except Chris will be more effective at that age so he should still be dishing out around 10 assists a game until the day he retires

Old 12-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #8796

Awesome read on D-Will - G-spec, you'll love this:

D'Alessandro: Nets' Deron Williams resting on his laurels - and fat wallet | NJ.com
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #8797
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
seems like portland finally caught a break wih lillard
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #8798

This is why NBA is so degraded, you give somebody 100mil, they repay you by getting fat and lazy.... whine about teammates and coach. Fuck this guy, I used to enjoy watching him, boozer and korver..

Its not too late to get your shit together and lead your team. Shut your mouth, you dont need to tell the media every week you may have thumb injuries or ankle injuries.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #8799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
seems like portland finally caught a break wih lillard
Posted via RS Mobile
Good job bro, you jinxed it - Lillard out fore life with torn ACL, MCL, and PCL.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #8800

good read indeed bballguy, nice find.... the comment section on there is cracking me up though, so many homers lol

I don't get guys like this, I understand personal achievement is high on every man's list. But in a team sport environment that coincides with the team concept, in the sense that if let's say the Nets win a championship, that directly reflects on Deron Williams almost as a personal achievement all on his own, it's always like that for the teams best player because it's he who carries his team.

I just went through an identical experience matter a fact so I know the situation he's going through, I was averaging 20+ppg in the Douglas Summer League where you got the best teams in the city that come out, so it's literally the best competition you would find on the Westcoast of Canada, University teams like UBC, SFU, Douglas, Capilano.....
I dropped 30 points on Cap, 20 points in just one half against UBC, and so on, so I was playing well to my capabilities.
So then after summer finishes I jump into the Cambie Men's league in Richmond where the competition is allright but nothing like Douglas, and we got a stacked team like 11-12 guys, and I'm sittin on the bench play only stretches of a few minutes a game, average something like 6 points a game, but not 1 fuck was given because we were winning. Sure there was frustrating nights when it burns knowing you could do so much more, but the end result of winning the game beats all that.

Deron is in a real shitty place when he refuses to do what's best for the team, they were winning the first bit of the season when he followed the system laid out by Avery, then Deron one game decided he should be doing more, and he strayed from the gameplan, and since that happened, they've been lost more games than they've won.
Being that selfish, that's just crazy to me, I don't understand it whatsoever

Last edited by G-spec; 12-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote