REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #9276
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #9277
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
Holding onto Granger and Bynum for the RS league.. hope they show up during fantasy playoffs.
I trade u rose for Bynum..Lolz..I have too many p.g.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #9278
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
lol, no I'm not trolling I just didn't edit out my paragraphs right, I was gonna write a longer thing about how much better Kobe was in the Jazz game but ended up deleting it... I was trying to say they should have won at Jazz by more than that....

Wuhoo yea Nash had a sick pump fake and one legged jumpshot on Russ, shit looked so fly.... and on that whole Nash point, I know he's always been a high turnover PG, but I cringe everytime I see him turn it over, like they're bad fckin turnovers, he looks like a high school kid when he makes them.... and Artest takes waaaay too many off balance shots to mine or anyone elses liking... he's respectable as a spot up shooter, but when he takes those off the dribble right left floating jumpers it grinds my gears... like dude you couldn't do that when you were younger brah let alone now

and Look like Clippers gonna get their revenge on Portland, as long as they hold the lead
Rondo looked so saaaad on the sidelines today, I hate that dude but I still feel bad for him

Last edited by G-spec; 01-27-2013 at 07:36 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #9279
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

rooting hard for the Lakers cause they made me money on sportsaction , their odds are great

and it would be awesome to see OKC vs LAL first round, go to 6 o 7 games
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #9280
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
shit i hadnt even looked at their record and done the math , I assumed they could still get higher than 7th.... oh well whatever, as long as they get in the playoffs Kobe will kick them into gear

lookin forward to the Portland @ Clippers rematch, saw last night's game and it was soooo close

it's not because they're taking it out of Nash's hands, he's playing the same way was 6-11fg and 2-4 from 3's today... it's Kobe not chuckin so extra possesions for everyone else that's the difference the last two games both games 1 rebound away from a triple double... they should have won the Jazz game too, at Jazz, Kobe was 7-10, today he was 8-12 both games with 14 assists
the last two games, kobe and nash are facilitating the offence. sometimes its nash, sometimes its kobe and i know its just a stat but kobe has been shown to be surprisingly more effective at running the pick and roll offence. nash has more games where he shoots 4-6fg, 12 assists, then when he actually shoots more than 10x a gm, he's such a good shooter that when kobe runs the pick and roll, this allows steve to cut/run without the ball and get open. nash is not good at creating his own shot as kobe. they are not solely taking it out of nash's hands but instead of his usual dribble dribble dribble....dribble dribble some more and finally find open cutter, there's only so much pick and roll you can run. kobe can run iso, pick and roll, he's a better penetrator and kick. but anyways that's just my opinion.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #9281
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
the last two games, kobe and nash are facilitating the offence. sometimes its nash, sometimes its kobe and i know its just a stat but kobe has been shown to be surprisingly more effective at running the pick and roll offence. nash has more games where he shoots 4-6fg, 12 assists, then when he actually shoots more than 10x a gm, he's such a good shooter that when kobe runs the pick and roll, this allows steve to cut/run without the ball and get open. nash is not good at creating his own shot as kobe. they are not solely taking it out of nash's hands but instead of his usual dribble dribble dribble....dribble dribble some more and finally find open cutter, there's only so much pick and roll you can run. kobe can run iso, pick and roll, he's a better penetrator and kick. but anyways that's just my opinion.
It's a lot easier for a guys like Kobe, LeBron, Durant, etc. to be facilitators than a guy like Nash....Like you said, it's extremely difficult for a guy like Nash to create his own shot, whereas Kobe can often get past his first defender with ease...Thus, Kobe requires focus from numerous defenders making it easier for him to find open guys because defenders come over to help....That's what makes Nash so amazing though; if he finds an open guy, he's absolutely pinning the needle, as his teammate is probably making a cut with a defender following RIGHT behind, and Nash has got about half a second and half a meter of space to make that pass....thus, when he turns the ball over, it's also a really shitty turnover.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #9282

good points both you guys....

I gotta say though earlier tonight I seen Kobe make some passes I have not seen since like the early 2000's from him, just some ridiculous acrobatic assists around the hoop.... he had this one high post up where he just spun off his defender completely losing him went hard to the hoop attracted 2 more defenders, and flung it to Gasol who almost dropped it, barely made it like nobody was expecting that pass.....

if Kobe somehow manages to keep this going the whole season, people are gonna be singing his praise.... would finally prove to the haters he doesn't have a one track mind....
knowing Kobe though, I really wonder which he would prefer.... if let's say this was his last season, I wonder how he would wanna go out... whether keep playing like this and silence his haters, finally prove to the world he's more than a scorer, or just go out the only way he's ever known.... will the Mamba adapt, or keep striking until it's last breath
He's an interesting dude, to me it's like he's the last remnant of MJ mentality and I'm trying desperately to hold on to an idea that there's still some MJ left in the basketball world, lol, I might have to switch to another sport after Kobe retires most likely though... as much as I love Chris Paul and his drive, it just ain't the same

MJ.... I miss you bro

Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #9283

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
good points both you guys....

I gotta say though earlier tonight I seen Kobe make some passes I have not seen since like the early 2000's from him, just some ridiculous acrobatic assists around the hoop.... he had this one high post up where he just spun off his defender completely losing him went hard to the hoop attracted 2 more defenders, and flung it to Gasol who almost dropped it, barely made it like nobody was expecting that pass.....

if Kobe somehow manages to keep this going the whole season, people are gonna be singing his praise.... would finally prove to the haters he doesn't have a one track mind....
knowing Kobe though, I really wonder which he would prefer.... if let's say this was his last season, I wonder how he would wanna go out... whether keep playing like this and silence his haters, finally prove to the world he's more than a scorer, or just go out the only way he's ever known.... will the Mamba adapt, or keep striking until it's last breath
He's an interesting dude, to me it's like he's the last remnant of MJ mentality and I'm trying desperately to hold on to an idea that there's still some MJ left in the basketball world, lol, I might have to switch to another sport after Kobe retires most likely though... as much as I love Chris Paul and his drive, it just ain't the same

MJ.... I miss you bro
TBH, he'd only be proving the "haters" right.......These last 2 games are proof of how Kobe hasn't really been as good as people think he truly is....He's gone through shitload of games, not just this year, in which he's done far more bad than good for his team...especially with his ability....

These last 2 games only prove the 'haters' right, that if Kobe wasn't so selfish, he'd do far more good for his team....In the past, especially down the stretch in the playoffs, his teammates have BAILED HIM OUT....go back and look at the Lakers deep post-season runs and tell me how many shitty shots you see Kobe just chucking up, missing, and being bailed out with Pau and Bynum grabbing the offensive board...even back in the Shaq days......also, the only reason why there are so many Kobe 'haters' is because their are twice as many delusional Kobe 'fanboys'....

Kobe's NBA finals field goal percentage was always at about 40% and he'd go games in the NBA finals shooting like 30% while chucking up 20+ shots....Words can't even describe how horrible that is at that level and at that stage...

Last edited by bballguy; 01-27-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #9284
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
when kobe doesn't chuck

lakers win and teammates are much more involved and efficient
coincidence?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #9285

k k before I'm off to bed, oh so prettay.... but I'm biased, as this was my go too dunk back when I was younger and could still dunk... the 1 handed leaner brahs, nuff said.....
I just wish Ersan got into him a bit more would have made for a better highlight

Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #9286
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
-hoping that CP3 can come back soon from that bruised kneecap injury.

With Rondo out and CP3 hurting, it really shows how important the point guard position is to a team's season in today's NBA.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #9287

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

With Rondo out and CP3 hurting, it really shows how important the point guard position is to a team's season in today's NBA.
How has Rondo being out shown the importance of the point guard position when the Celtics broke a 6 game losing streak on their first game without him against the best team in the East? Not saying that the point guard isn't extremely vital, but it seems like you just say things just for the sake of saying things....
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #9288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
How has Rondo being out shown the importance of the point guard position when the Celtics broke a 6 game losing streak on their first game without him against the best team in the East? Not saying that the point guard isn't extremely vital, but it seems like you just say things just for the sake of saying things....
That comment was also mentioning CP3. Did you not read my post? I am hoping that CP3 comes back from injury soon.

The Clippers' team dynamics completely changes when CP3 is out. This team's offence changes when Chris Paul is not playing. The guy has the ball in his hands at least 80 percent of the time when the Clippers run their offence.

The same goes for the Celtics. Pierce takes on a bigger role as the facilitator on offence with Rondo out. Other guards like Bradley, Courtney Lee, and Barbosa would need to step up their game.
Again, a change in the team's dynamics.

If you are going with the argument that the Celtics defeated Miami even without Rondo, I have a counter argument for you. How are those Clippers doing these days without CP3? You refer to team stats in terms of the Celtics breaking a 6 game losing streak, so I'll use team stats for the Clippers as well. LAC is 5-5 in the last 10 games. -just a coincidence that the team's record has dropped a bit with CP3 not playing?

You have coach Vinny running more plays through Blake. Blake draws the attention, the double team from opposing players. -definitely can see a change in the team's offence.

No, I'm not saying things just for the sake of saying things. You take out your starting point guard like CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, etc. on many teams and you'll see a change in the way a team's offence runs under a different guard.

Rondo and CP3 just happen to be two good examples of starting point guards who are the engine in their team's offence.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-28-2013 at 01:08 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #9289
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
But Pierce doesn't get a triple double every game -.-
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #9290

Quote:
That comment was also mentioning CP3. Did you not read my post? I am hoping that CP3 comes back from injury soon.

The Clippers' team dynamics completely changes when CP3 is out. This team's offence changes when Chris Paul is not playing. The guy has the ball in his hands at least 80 percent of the time when the Clippers run their offence.

The same goes for the Celtics. Pierce takes on a bigger role as the facilitator on offence with Rondo out. Other guards like Bradley, Courtney Lee, and Barbosa would need to step up their game.
Again, a change in the team's dynamics.

If you are going with the argument that the Celtics defeated Miami even without Rondo, I have a counter argument for you. How are those Clippers doing these days without CP3? You refer to team stats in terms of the Celtics breaking a 6 game losing streak, so I'll use team stats for the Clippers as well. LAC is 5-5 in the last 10 games. -just a coincidence that the team's record has dropped a bit with CP3 not playing?

You have coach Vinny running more plays through Blake. Blake draws the attention, the double team from opposing players. -definitely can see a change in the team's offence.

No, I'm not saying things just for the sake of saying things. You take out your starting point guard like CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, etc. on many teams and you'll see a change in the way a team's offence runs under a different guard.

Rondo and CP3 just happen to be two good examples of starting point guards who are the engine in their team's offence.
Like I said, I'm not arguing with the statement that the point guard is a vital component to the team, but you stated that the loss of Paul AND Rondo has shown that...that's simply not the case...Rondo has been out one game, and the team broke a 6-game losing streak against the best team in the conference...therefore, the loss of Rondo has not provided evidence that the point guard is a very important part of a team....

And either way, no shit losing a stud player is going to make you shitloads worse....that's my point, you state such obvious things that it seems like you are just saying stuff for the sake of saying it (either that, or as someone else mentioned earlier, you just repeat what you hear analysts say)....It's like me saying LeBron is such an important part of Miami's team, Durant is such an important part of OKC's team....Yes obviously Celtics and Clippers will be worse without their best players on the court.......

Last edited by bballguy; 01-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #9291
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

chalmers is the best pg in the league
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #9292
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not arguing with the statement that the point guard is a vital component to the team, but you stated that the loss of Paul AND Rondo has shown that...that's simply not the case...Rondo has been out one game, and the team broke a 6-game losing streak against the best team in the conference...therefore, the loss of Rondo has not provided evidence that the point guard is a very important part of a team....

And either way, no shit losing a stud player is going to make you shitloads worse....that's my point, you state such obvious things that it seems like you are just saying stuff for the sake of saying it (either that, or as someone else mentioned earlier, you just repeat what you hear analysts say)....It's like me saying LeBron is such an important part of Miami's team, Durant is such an important part of OKC's team....Yes obviously Celtics and Clippers will be worse without their best players on the court.......
exactly lol, you can say that for any position, not just point guard. some would say that center/power forwards are the most important position since they are dime a dozen. besides, in today's nba, the point guards play more like hybrid scoring guards, not true point guards.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #9293

Alright, I get the picture with all the replies here about my last post.
-keep my opinions to myself since it's not a worth a dime on this thread by the looks of it.

Here's the mid grade report article from an Sports Illustrated reporter. You can comment all you want about the article. I'm done here.

Hasta La Vista! time to jump off a place to end my misery.
FML.
NBA midseason grades: Los Angeles Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder at head of class | The Point Forward - SI.com

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #9294

Quote:
Alright, I get the picture with all the replies here about my last post.
-keep my opinions to myself since it's not a worth a dime on this thread by the looks of it.

Here's the mid grade report article from an Sports Illustrated reporter. You can comment all you want about the article. I'm done here.

Hasta La Vista! time to jump off a place to end my misery.
FML.
NBA midseason grades: Los Angeles Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder at head of class | The Point Forward - SI.com
-bye
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #9295
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
u wont be missed brah

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #9296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
u wont be missed brah

Did he died?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #9297
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

bullies loool
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #9298
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #9299
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
better than him taking him out mid air haha, good on big baby
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #9300
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

AI being AI and not wanting to go through the D-league to get back into the nba. Some things never change...

Allen Iverson says he wants another shot in NBA but not through D-League | ProBasketballTalk
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote