REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #11026
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Stephen A Smith has said Lebron would like to join Melo with the Knicks

and he recently reported, according to his "sources", Melo wants to opt out final year and go to the Lakers

probably just hogwash
Advertisement
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #11027
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
speaking of the Cavs... they offered Bynum 24million for 2 years... wtf...must be nice to get thrown that much money without even playing a single game last year lol

They shouldve just offered a 1yr contract

But imagine IF he was 100%

Irving/Waiters/Gee/Thompson/Bynum --- Bennett/Zeller/Jack/Miles then trade Varejao for a swingman
2nd year on Bynum's offers from Cleveland is a team option I think...and they also signed Earl Clarke; I'd assume he's ahead of Gee on the depth chart...possibly even start at the 3.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #11028
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

So... with MWP gone who do we have left for the Lakers as of now?

Kobe, Pau, Nash, .... ????

Nash is unreliable and can't play D. Kobe probably won't come back until Christmas with his injuries. Is it safe to say the Lakers will be the new Clippers team in the old days?
Special K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #11029
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
^obviously lakers are prepping for next july already, they only have nash on contract for 2014/15

gonna be interest when you got melo, james, wade, and bosh all with player options next summer
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #11030
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
doubtful wade will leave miami unless its for CHI but it would be nice to see lebron with the lakers winning a championship for kobe

Hopefully that will have lakers fan behind him and have kobe leave him on good words after retirement.

aging kobe gasol lebron > wade bosh lebron
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #11031

This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #11032
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Wade will retire a heat. I don't see him leaving whatsoever
If lebron somehow opts out, i still think it will be to cavs and all the heat fans now will turn to diehard cavs fans
Bosh... Who cares about this guy...lol. I don't see him leaving Miami next year as I don't see any other team that would pay him 20m and 22mill a year if he opts out
I can see Carmelo with the greatest chance to opt out but could he get equal to 23million he wud make ?

Last edited by 411ken; 07-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #11033

Uhh I don't see LBJ going to the Lakers.

From a shoe game perspective, Nike probably will be the first to object. Same colourway for Kobe 10 and LeBron 12? Lawls
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #11034
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Miami core is not going anywhere unless something catastrophic happens. Melo is a maybe depends on how the season pans out. Lakers's best bet is landing a great pick.

Whatever Bron said about playing for his hometown is not very relevant. You should realize how difficult it is to assemble a team capable of winning multi-championships like Miami and not one-hit wonders.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Nlkko; 07-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #11035

It's pretty obvious wade/bosh will not leave. Who else would pay them the amount they'll make in miami for the remainder of their contract lol

And as for building a championship...it's easy to do if u have wade/James/bosh and players taking discounts to try and get a championship.

You don't think nobody would take discounts to play with lebron,Irving,Thompson etc if LBJ moved back? Without lebron, Miami is nothing as wade has slowed down tremendously and bosh is inconsistent. They'll be a playoff team but that's it

If lebron doesn't opt out then I definitely see him leaving after his contract is up

I'm not hating but just my opinion

Edit: why are we even talking about this lol. It's so far from today. Who knows. Maybe he'll wind up in Brooklyn and his buddy Jay Z lol

Last edited by 411ken; 07-09-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #11036
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
lol kobe and melo on the same team

who can chuck the most?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #11037

bynum to cavs. brb bowling.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #11038
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Only 6 mil out of the 12 mil in the first season of bynums deal is fully guaranteed. 2nd year is a team option so he would probably get cut if he can't stay on the court.
Posted via RS Mobile
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #11039
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Read that Lakers will go after Lebron or Melo during next year's FA. I think either of them have to opt out of their final year tho (20m for lebron,24m for melo). I still think Lebron will go back to Cleveland and having melo on the lakers would be sweet
Melo is an all east coast guy. Grew up in Baltimore, wanted to go to NYC cuz for many reasons, one is the East Coast thing.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #11040

Teague will sign a 4-year, $32-mill offer sheet from Milwaukee; I expect the Hawks will match.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #11041
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
LOL @ Dwight.. he said if he was to re-sign with LA they would have to amnesty Kobe, get rid of Pringles, Gasol, and Nash and then sign CP3

Also... LA assembling the all NBA rape team

@KBergCBS: Nick Young has agreed to a deal with the Lakers, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

@mcten: Lakers have reached agreement to bring back Jordan Farmar on one-year, vet min deal. Must negotiate buyout w/ Turkish team first

inb4 Ariza/Odom/Sasha

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #11042
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

fuck dwight that guy will never win a championship.
TPMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #11043

Nets got AK47.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #11044

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Dwight continues to amaze me, obviously he's a genuinely nice guy, but just as stupid and uninformed, I really wonder what his circle of entourage looks like, bunch of fuckin yes men.... his court mentality is he's still stuck in that prime Orlando Finals Dwight where he could just jerk off in the low post all game long and they would spoon feed him
and because his whole world revolves around this, he's out there looking for another Orlando Magic, another team that will make him the center of not just attention every single second he's on the floor...... NBA doesn't work like that for the most part bro, grow the fuck up and you'll start winning chips.... like Shaq said, "the day I stopped caring.... I started winning chips"

really excited about Doc coaching Clippers, excited they dumped Chauncey he was done last year, NOT at all liking the fact they gave up Bledsoe, makes no sense as their #1 priority for a while has been is to have an elite perimeter defender, and they had that in Bledsoe... so to get rid of him to acquire another shooter when they really don't need help shooting or scoring the fuckin ball, it's an obviously wrong move....

I FINALLY FINALLY hope now that D'Andre Jordan can get his shit together and be a solid double double guy like Asik was in Houston this year, this is exactly what the Clippers need for them to make a deep playoff run.... Vinny fcked with Jordan's minutes constantly so hopefully Doc lets him loose
Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #11045

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
really excited about Doc coaching Clippers, excited they dumped Chauncey he was done last year, NOT at all liking the fact they gave up Bledsoe, makes no sense as their #1 priority for a while has been is to have an elite perimeter defender, and they had that in Bledsoe... so to get rid of him to acquire another shooter when they really don't need help shooting or scoring the fuckin ball, it's an obviously wrong move....
Bledsoe was gone after this season, they had to get some good value for him while they could....Reddick and Dudley are great players and will be big pieces for their deep run. Great trade IMO. Reddick is a smart player and a dead-eye shooter, while Dudley is an athletic wing who is solid defensively.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #11046

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Nets got AK47.
3.1 Million over 2 years Prokhorov either has AK47's family in a Siberia prison camp or there's an under the table agreement with him getting more assets in Russia, where the NBA has no jurisdiction.

Nick Young to the Lakers for 1-year vet minimum. They need someone to take all the fadeaways and dumb shots without Kobe for the first couple of months.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #11047
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Mwp got waived =[
Posted via RS Mobile
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #11048

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
3.1 Million over 2 years Prokhorov either has AK47's family in a Siberia prison camp or there's an under the table agreement with him getting more assets in Russia, where the NBA has no jurisdiction.
....$3.1-mill for 1 year.....second year is a player option...
Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #11049

Well said g-spec. Dwight didnt know he had it good with Van Gundy.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #11050

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Bledsoe was gone after this season, they had to get some good value for him while they could....Reddick and Dudley are great players and will be big pieces for their deep run. Great trade IMO. Reddick is a smart player and a dead-eye shooter, while Dudley is an athletic wing who is solid defensively.
Agreed.. How could any clipper fan not like this trade at all.. Reddick/Dudley instantly made them better than what Bledsoe would IMO.

And seeing how the Heat have been doing (outside of the big 3) we all know how important the 3pt game is nowadays..