REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #12201
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Cavs are pursuing a Kevin Love trade, contingent on the signing of LeBron, according to Woj.
The Cavs have a lot of speculation surrounding their team right now, but adding Kevin Love to LeBron makes sense considering they'd need some help up front. The Cavs would almost certainly have to give up Andrew Wiggins to make this deal work while also getting rid of guys like Anderson Varejao.
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 07-09-2014 at 01:36 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #12202
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

If Lebron does end up back with the Cavs.

Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #12203
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
if that happens holy fuarkkk, Love even said he'd sign long term if LeBron is there

Kyrie/Waiters/Lebron/Love/Center

then Bosh to Houston with Harden and Dwight

and Parsons to Dallas

hnnnnnng

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #12204
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Lin's contract is really biting Houston in the ass now that Dallas has offer-sheeted Parsons for $12m.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #12205
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Houston and Philly have a deal in place where they would take Lin's contract, of course conditional for LBJ + Bosh leaving Miami and Bosh heading to Houston for max $$$

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #12206
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I'd say Bron aint going anywhere. I feel that it just doesn't make sense for him to. To the Cavs? Why? To be at 30 years of age trying to build with that team where nobody has gone to the NBA Finals. It is not easy for an inexperienced squad to win anything. And Kyrie is gonna play off the ball? How does that gonna work?

I see the most likely case for him is sign with the Heat for an even shorter contract: 2 years 3rd year player option. The Heat have advantage in Pat Riley who knows what he's doing. Cut Bosh, sign Wade for a lot less and try to fill the rest with a mix of young blood and vets. If they manage to grab Gasol for cheap it'll probably be a steal.

As for my Lakers, I don't know. That Kobe's behemoth contract is working against them cap-space-wise. Money is not an issue for LA it's the cap space that is limiting them.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #12207
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Lin's contract is really biting Houston in the ass now that Dallas has offer-sheeted Parsons for $12m.
It's actually 15mill per.. so 45mill for 3 years... I'm not a big fan of Parsons' game but that's just me..so he's not worth 15mill in my eyes.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #12208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I'd say Bron aint going anywhere. I feel that it just doesn't make sense for him to. To the Cavs? Why? To be at 30 years of age trying to build with that team where nobody has gone to the NBA Finals. It is not easy for an inexperienced squad to win anything. And Kyrie is gonna play off the ball? How does that gonna work?

I see the most likely case for him is sign with the Heat for an even shorter contract: 2 years 3rd year player option. The Heat have advantage in Pat Riley who knows what he's doing. Cut Bosh, sign Wade for a lot less and try to fill the rest with a mix of young blood and vets. If they manage to grab Gasol for cheap it'll probably be a steal.

As for my Lakers, I don't know. That Kobe's behemoth contract is working against them cap-space-wise. Money is not an issue for LA it's the cap space that is limiting them.
I don't know what's in LeBron's mind but he MIGHT want to be the guy that brings a title to Cleveland (could be his dream or whatever for all we know lol) and from what I've watched Kyrie played some games off the ball last season while Jack brought up the ball and it was just fine. I'm sure they will also sign some vets if they do land james. We shall see.

As for the lakers.. I wanna see Isaiah Thomas on the team.. please!! :P
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #12209
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Wiggins career already over since he signed with adidas

#Drose
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #12210

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Report: Vasquez reaches agreement with Raptors - Sportsnet.ca

PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #12211

Quote:
I'd say Bron aint going anywhere. I feel that it just doesn't make sense for him to. To the Cavs? Why? To be at 30 years of age trying to build with that team where nobody has gone to the NBA Finals. It is not easy for an inexperienced squad to win anything.
You don't think a team with a core of Kyrie, Waiters, LeBron, Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Ray Allen, etc.....can win??.....

Again...

Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Kevin Love

Ray Allen
Tristan Thompson
Dion Waiters

........who knows maybe even Anthony Bennett would step up and figure his shit out playing alongside LeBron....

Last edited by bballguy; 07-10-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #12212

Exactly.. now that's a team that will 100% make the Miami fans all of the sudden become "die hard" cavs fan and say they've been following all these players' careers since highschool haha :P I'm having fun bugging my buddy about this whole situation as well..I'd hate for it to end and him signing back in Miami good times!!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #12213

I bet the wolves are hoping James goes to cavaliers and they can get Wiggins out of this deal if possible.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #12214

I still think LeBron will end up coming back to Miami......He said he's done with all his meetings and whatnot....He hasn't even met with Dan Gilbert or the Cavs new head coach who hasn't even coached in the NBA before.....How could he possibly sign with Cleveland without talking to those 2 guys....
Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #12215
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
It's actually 15mill per.. so 45mill for 3 years... I'm not a big fan of Parsons' game but that's just me..so he's not worth 15mill in my eyes.
agreed, 15 is high. I'd put him closer to 11-12. This could potentially screw over the rockets big time... they have <72 hrs to match and within that time frame they have to dump lin and sign bosh. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #12216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I still think LeBron will end up coming back to Miami......He said he's done with all his meetings and whatnot....He hasn't even met with Dan Gilbert or the Cavs new head coach who hasn't even coached in the NBA before.....How could he possibly sign with Cleveland without talking to those 2 guys....
Perhaps a secret meeting ? I mean are they even able to follow lebron 24/7? Maybe he did indeed hasn't had a meeting with them but I wouldn't be surprised if he had them already.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #12217
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Perhaps a secret meeting ? I mean are they even able to follow lebron 24/7? Maybe he did indeed hasn't had a meeting with them but I wouldn't be surprised if he had them already.
they had a meeting on chatroulette
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #12218

Latest from Rotoworld news

Quote:
Bath Ohio police are expected to increase patrols near Lebron James' Akron home on Thursday after 3:00 pm ET, according to Phil Trexler of the Akron Beacon Journal.

Trexler also mentions that an announcement is expected "tonight," although there have been no other mentions among media members about a definitive time-table for Lebron's decision. It is another interesting development in the Lebron James free agency saga. There seems to be a growing sentiment among fans and media members alike that James is preparing to return to Cleveland, but it's been mostly speculation to this point and only Lebron knows what his next move will be

It could happen today.. could happen in a week.. or 2.. or whatever lol.. I just want the domino to fall. the cops could be going there to protect the house after he announces he's going back to Miami lol

Imagine if breaks Cleveland's hearts once again.. that'd be pretty epic

Last edited by 411ken; 07-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #12219

Quote:
Maybe he did indeed hasn't had a meeting with them but I wouldn't be surprised if he had them already.
wut
Old 07-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #12220

Quote:
He hasn't even met with Dan Gilbert or the Cavs new head coach who hasn't even coached in the NBA before.....How could he possibly sign with Cleveland without talking to those 2 guys....
Sorry about my typing earlier.. but this is what I was referring to.. How can anyone know who LeBron had meetings with and didn't.. They could've used fkn Skype for all we know lol.. or trust his agent 100%
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #12221

Quote:
Sorry about my typing earlier.. but this is what I was referring to.. How can anyone know who LeBron had meetings with and didn't.. They could've used Skype for all we know.
Someone would know, and it would've leaked...it's that simple...
Old 07-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #12222

Quote:
Someone would know, and it would've leaked...it's that simple...
o ya. good point lmao
Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #12223
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Not saying they won't win. I'm saying they probably won't win right away. Miami didn't win right away when everyone thought they would.

I hope Cleveland don't get shits. They are disgusting. What kind of team who have had 3 of the last 4 No.1 picks and bunches of other high picks yet still stink. Bet you they will tank again and somehow get another No.1 or No.2. You think they have the trophy in mind signing a guy who never coached N/A basketball as coach.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #12224

Quote:
Not saying they won't win. I'm saying they probably won't win right away. Miami didn't win right away when everyone thought they would.

I hope Cleveland don't get shits. They are disgusting. What kind of team who have had 3 of the last 4 No.1 picks and bunches of other high picks yet still stink. Bet you they will tank again and somehow get another No.1 or No.2. You think they have the trophy in mind signing a guy who never coached N/A basketball as coach.
You can guarantee that that team would go to the finals with the weak Eastern conference....absolutely no doubt in my mind about that....and after that, anything can happen.

I don't think any team with any amount of superstars could have beaten the Spurs this year...this year's Spurs team may have been the most efficient offense I have EVER seen.....and it was a similar thing that took down Miami in their first year against the Mavericks...

My point being that it's not always about the players on the team...There's no guarantees that a team loaded with star power is going to win the championship right away because there are plenty of other factors involved...but there's no doubt that a team with Kyrie, LeBron, and Love would have the best chance on paper to win a championship....experience or not...
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #12225
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
LeBron James announces return to Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA - SI.com
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote