REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #12226
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Fuck this shit
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #12227
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
does that mean lebron will be the big bro for our canadian bball players? Thompson, Bennett, Wiggins
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #12228
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
FOR6IVEN lmaooo
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #12229

but wiggins to T wolves for love doe
Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #12230
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Fuck this shit
Don't worry.. your team still has DWade and Granger lol

While my lakers still only has Kobe haha

Wade got screwed tho lol.. he opted out and left 41million for 2 years... I'll be surprised if he even gets anywhere near that

for anyone that watched wrestling recently lol

Last edited by 411ken; 07-11-2014 at 10:17 AM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #12231

Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #12232
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #12233
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Shieeet
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #12234

Quote:
Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
This was actually well written by LeBron.. Good job on that.. As I predicted..he definitely wants to win one for Ohio.. and he did meet with Dan Gilbert...surprised nobody leaked that they did meet.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #12235
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Looking like Bosh --> Rockets would Wade do his own "home coming" and go to Chicago ? Jeremy Lin to the Lakers clear cap space for Rockets to get Bosh at max.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #12236

This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #12237
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Fuck this shit
Lmao, your pipe dream didn't come true

how mad are you right now, RIP WADE

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #12238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Lmao, your pipe dream didn't come true

how mad are you right now, RIP WADE
He'd be even more mad if this comes true.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 24 secs
The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

So with all these talks..these 3 probably wanted to go back home if possible.

Wade - Illinois
Bosh- Texas
James- Ohio
Old 07-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #12239
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Bosh and Wade gonna stay.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #12240

wade melo to bulls
Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #12241

Yup.. Bosh will definitely stay with Heat now..

Report: Heat close to re-signing Bosh, pushing for Wade deal

So Houston traded a 1st and Lin to the lakers hoping they'd get bosh... but backfired. unless it was contingent on them getting bosh lol

Edit : Chris Bosh should have a good year for fantasy ball..lol

Last edited by 411ken; 07-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #12242
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Bosh as the #1, hope he can regain his touch in the post and down low, Houston fans suicide watch, lol at their GM too

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #12243

now the question is.. will they go after Carmelo Anthony.. It's possible
Old 07-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #12244
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Nobody want to play with Kobe
Old 07-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #12245
Need my Daily Fix of RS

in before wade magically recovers and plays again like 2006

...one can dream one can dream
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #12246

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
ok so lemme get this straight, the fuckin bandwagoners that jumped on the Heat train are gone now ok.... and the native Clevelanders that renounced Lebron and burned his jerseys, called him traitor, they have no right to call themselves LeBron fans... So how many legit fans does LeBron have left, hahaha, holy fck this is hilarious.....

I personally would have told the world I wanna go to Cavs but not while Dan Gilbert is an owner... and then sat back and watched what happens

and look here another important point I wanna make is, does anyone realize that LeBron just dug himself into a hole he will now never dig himself out of.. I mean once the dust settles and he wins a few in Cleveland maybe even surpassing MJ, but then people are gonna realize yea he won championships, but not the way MJ and Kobe won chips because they did it by manning up and sticking with one team their whole life, they didnt bounce after a few years of hardship.....
LeBron is now going to be seen with a suspicious eye because of this... and rightfully so I fully agree because I'm one of those guys that refuses to mix up the teams at drop in men's league basketball because one team is on a multiple game win streak and too good for the other teams. I literally will stay on a shitty team for the whole night just to get that one win against the powerhouse team...
And that's my 90's mentality, but I guess this is the new age method of gunning for championships.... super duper teams

Last edited by G-spec; 07-11-2014 at 04:11 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #12247
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
goodbye to wiggins career if they dont end up trading him, no way that kid is gonna develop if lebron is in town
Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #12248
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Bosh as the #1, hope he can regain his touch in the post and down low, Houston fans suicide watch, lol at their GM too
Time for Bosh to bring back his dreadlocks and regain his old form.

Funny how Houston literally gave away Lin and a first round pick.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #12249

Bennett finally looks healthy/in game shape after the historically awful rookie year.

First big free agent domino fell now its Melo's turn. I wanna see Pau on the Thunder, they might finally have a passing/low post savant in the post or the Spurs the ball would never touch the court big to big passing clinic.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #12250
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
Funny how Houston literally gave away Lin and a first round pick.
To offload that 15m cap space and not taking any salary back. Fuck yeah for them.

Lakers gonna make a shit tons of money from China with Lin and Kobe on the team. They don't give a fuck about winning. No Bron, no Melo, no Love, no nothing. Looks like another "we'll tank but we'll make it a bit exciting" year for them.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote