REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #12251
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ anything other than exciting will be a bust

they got Linsanity, re-upped Swaggy P, Kobe returning... gonna be lulsy as hell

they grossly overpaid Hill 18m/2 years though
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #12252
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

9 mill a year for a 27 year old big is probably market value. Bigs get paid.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #12253
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^ anything other than exciting will be a bust

they got Linsanity, re-upped Swaggy P, Kobe returning... gonna be lulsy as hell

they grossly overpaid Hill 18m/2 years though
I'm sorry but I thought Jordan hill is a solid guy but didn't click with dantoni. I can't believe he started sacre or Kaman over him when he jus had a 20/10 the previous game or even when he's hot during the game

As for linsanity. It's Gna be weird but atleast they get a 1st out of it and hopefully even trade him at the deadline for another pick or something if he gets a good eniugh season to interest a contender
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #12254

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
ok so lemme get this straight, the fuckin bandwagoners that jumped on the Heat train are gone now ok.... and the native Clevelanders that renounced Lebron and burned his jerseys, called him traitor, they have no right to call themselves LeBron fans... So how many legit fans does LeBron have left, hahaha, holy fck this is hilarious.....

I personally would have told the world I wanna go to Cavs but not while Dan Gilbert is an owner... and then sat back and watched what happens

and look here another important point I wanna make is, does anyone realize that LeBron just dug himself into a hole he will now never dig himself out of.. I mean once the dust settles and he wins a few in Cleveland maybe even surpassing MJ, but then people are gonna realize yea he won championships, but not the way MJ and Kobe won chips because they did it by manning up and sticking with one team their whole life, they didnt bounce after a few years of hardship.....
LeBron is now going to be seen with a suspicious eye because of this... and rightfully so I fully agree because I'm one of those guys that refuses to mix up the teams at drop in men's league basketball because one team is on a multiple game win streak and too good for the other teams. I literally will stay on a shitty team for the whole night just to get that one win against the powerhouse team...
And that's my 90's mentality, but I guess this is the new age method of gunning for championships.... super duper teams
Nah brah. They are enroute to ohio as we speak lol. They will use the "rooting for th Canadians" as the cover up to cheer for the team.

And I agree with u on the old school mentality. Whether it comes to playing or
Watching the game.. Stay true to yourself And don't find an easy way to out on winning I cheering for a team. etc etc
Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #12255

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
goodbye to wiggins career if they dont end up trading him, no way that kid is gonna develop if lebron is in town
I have to disagree. Practicing with the best will make u better. And plus he can play the 2 and he can easily surpass waiters when the time comes or maybe they trade waiters too
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #12256
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
goodbye to wiggins career if they dont end up trading him, no way that kid is gonna develop if lebron is in town
Are you kidding me? Next to LeBron is a great place for a guy like Wiggins to develop.....Cavs said before that they view Wiggins as more of a 2-guard as well btw...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #12257
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Hill is getting paid because he put up 16/10 ish during the last two months

He's underrated, hustles and works his ass off but is worth 7m max. Swaggy P's contract is a hell of a deal

Gasol rejected a 20m/2yr deal from Lakers

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #12258

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I have to disagree. Practicing with the best will make u better. And plus he can play the 2 and he can easily surpass waiters when the time comes or maybe they trade waiters too
Yea I can imagine LeBron would be all too happy tossin up alley oops all game long and lettin the Canadian youngins fetch and throw down, Wiggy, Benny and poor man's Chris Bosh aka Tristan...
but fck just imagine if they finally manage to get Waiters in check, daaaaaaaaaamn....he's can really fuckin ball, and no I'm not basing that on watching him at the All-star game and that duel he had with Hardaway JR, lol

But I don't think they should dump Wiggins for Love though, I think the Cavs roster is already very very good.... I get it though, because Love AND Varejao grabbing boards together, that just sounds like it should be illegal

They're gonna try to make Wiggins primary objective this season defense, they will want to let him loose on the opposing team's best players, because let's be honest here, most of the buckets he'll be getting this season are going to be off raw athleticism.... the offensive skill will come naturally over time, defense however is 90% effort, so that's the easiest path for him, they will try to mold him into a defensive perimeter beast immediately, and I think that's the right plan for him and the team... LeBron is too old to be chasing around Westbrook and Rose all night
Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #12259

Quote:

Swaggy P's contract is a hell of a deal
How is Swaggy's contract a hell of a deal? As long as Kobe is playing, Nick Young ain't doing shit...
Old 07-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #12260
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Actually G-Spec, Kobe was gonna bounce but Dr. Buss didn't allow it and MJ did bounce to play baseball soooo

And Swaggy P can come in bricking when Kobe is tired of bricking. Wait Kobe is not gonna be tired of bricking

I hope Gasol goes to Spurs. He deserve to be treated properly.

These mofos Cavaliers. 3 No1 picks, couple of other high-picked studs, a solid rebounder and flopper in Varejao and now Bron. They better win something or they might as well disband.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #12261
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Not saying they won't win. I'm saying they probably won't win right away. Miami didn't win right away when everyone thought they would.

I hope Cleveland don't get shits. They are disgusting. What kind of team who have had 3 of the last 4 No.1 picks and bunches of other high picks yet still stink. Bet you they will tank again and somehow get another No.1 or No.2. You think they have the trophy in mind signing a guy who never coached N/A basketball as coach.
Oilers?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #12262

Gasol to Chicago....which means that Melo will most likely be returning to NY...

lol Cavs have 4 number 1 picks on their team...
Old 07-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #12263

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
How is Swaggy's contract a hell of a deal? As long as Kobe is playing, Nick Young ain't doing shit...
For the contracts being thrown out there. This is a good deal IMO.. Doesn't matter if kobe is playing or not. We got our 6th man for 4 more years and he can flat out score and he wants to be here and he will get his without a doubt. I'm sure he could've gotten more if he tried the market but decided to give the team a discount
Old 07-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #12264
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
This was actually well written by LeBron's 20 editors.. Good job on that.. As I predicted..he definitely wants to win one for Ohio.. and he did meet with Dan Gilbert...surprised nobody leaked that they did meet.
Fixed. Interesting he didn't mention anything about Wiggins in the whole statement.
Although Wiggin's body is not ready yet, maybe playing him next to LBJ at the 2 could potentially work GREAT. He was already known to be adept defensively. Having Wiggins guarding quicker guards could benefit the team.

Quote:
Bosh as the #1, hope he can regain his touch in the post and down low, Houston fans suicide watch, lol at their GM too
About InvisiBosh, everyone loses in this situation.
- IMO Chris Bosh does not deserve a max contract. Why he decided to leave Houston high and dry is beyond me, nobody cares about him in Miami, he was the 3rd wheel. He would have been in the perfect position. A strong contending team, and he would finally be able to go back to his natural position at PF creating a dynamic tandem with Dwight Howard instead of banging down low with undersized Udonis Haslem beside him. I guess money talks.
He's in no better spot now then he was back in his dreadlock dinosaur days, with possibly an even weaker supporting cast, new big 3 of Chalmers, Haslem and Bosh?
- Miami overpaid for him, now he's locked in for 5 years and no 2nd star to help him because he basically sucked up most of the cap. $23.6m per year?... c'mon!
- Houston, well we all know they desperately cleared cap to make space for Bosh, now they have a huge hole with no impact FA's left. Deng? He plays the same position as Parsons. As much as I dislike both Bosh and Dwight, it would have been great to see them work together.

Also anyone realize that Cleveland also has Miami's 1st round pick? If the Heat bomb this season the Cavs will have another high round pick!
Or they could trade that pick instead of Wiggins to Minny for Love. I'm feeling that the T'Wolves will settle for ANYTHING instead of letting Kev walk for nothing, a high draft pick is still pretty good deal?

Vince Carter to Grizzlies, so now technically he has played for both Canadian teams hehe.

Pau Gasol going to either OKC or Spurs would be fun to watch. Would be a huge upgrade over lead-foot Perkins and give the Thunder a legitimate 3rd scoring option instead of overworking the dynamic duo.
Spurs would be SWEET, he's already got the big man passing game figured out, trade him for Splitter?... Pau and Tim

Now it's time to dream ... Reports churning that Melo has narrowed down to Chi-town or back to NY. Imagine D-Wade also returns to his hometown of Chicago? He wouldn't be the man there but he has relegated that role a long time ago. He would provide offense, possibly off the bench.
Rose
Hinrich/Wade rotating
Melo
Gibson
Noah

Or maybe they bring back Deng if they fail on Melo?

One things for sure this has been one of the most exciting off-seasons in recent memory!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #12265
Ebisu Boss

Also extremely curious what's going on in Kobe's head right now... he said the typical media fluff so far "I like plan B, we can still be competitive, blah blah" but he must be choked, Nick Young? Nash? Lin? It's like 2004 all over again lol ... he's got 2 years left on his contract and the Lakers are pretty much in rebuild form. Well I'm sorta happy he won't get his 6th ring to tie Jordan ...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #12266

Chalmers is a FA and I doubt they'd sign him again but who knows lol. Haslem shud be back

If wade comes back which is likely. Their current roster wud be cole,wade,granger mcroberts and bosh then a bench of haslem, Napier, oden

That team vs Lin, kobe Johnson, randle, hill (Nash, swaggy p, henry, sacre, marshall)

That'd be the highest rated finals ever lol
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #12267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Pau Gasol going to either OKC or Spurs would be fun to watch. Would be a huge upgrade over lead-foot Perkins and give the Thunder a legitimate 3rd scoring option instead of overworking the dynamic duo.
Spurs would be SWEET, he's already got the big man passing game figured out, trade him for Splitter?... Pau and Tim

Now it's time to dream ... Reports churning that Melo has narrowed down to Chi-town or back to NY.
Um.....
Quote:
Gasol to Chicago....which means that Melo will most likely be returning to NY...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #12268

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Actually G-Spec, Kobe was gonna bounce but Dr. Buss didn't allow it and MJ did bounce to play baseball soooo
no Kobe wasn't goin nowhere, that was just him flexing his alpha male muscle everyone knows that....
and lol, come on man, people need to give MJ a break about trying out baseball, jokes aside it was something he wanted to do for his father

don't you give MJ no shit bout his bat swingin ya hear

Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #12269

Gasol seems like it will be a sign and trade with the lakers and that should mean Boozer's last yr wud be with the team which at this point I'd be ok with.. But it's not done yet.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #12270

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
no Kobe wasn't goin nowhere, that was just him flexing his alpha male muscle everyone knows that....
I'm tired of hearing this excuse for Kobe....

Quote:
Gasol seems like it will be a sign and trade with the lakers and that should mean Boozer's last yr wud be with the team which at this point I'd be ok with.. But it's not done yet.
Haven't heard anything on it being a S&T for Boozer....what's your sauce?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #12271
Ebisu Boss

Houston did everything possible to woo Bosh, he could have been a hometown hero type of guy to play on a contending team since he's from Texus. They also have no state tax, instead he rather float in mediocrity with the Heat? Infact now the Heat are in limbo, not good enough to win, not bad enough to tank. Playing in the East they will probably still limp into the playoffs, possibly 6th seed and then get destroyed by Chicago/Cleveland/Indiana.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #12272

Seems like Deng might want to take his talents to South Beach, so we'll see...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #12273
Ebisu Boss

Is the Gasol deal done already? Didn't see anything yet.
Would have loved to see him in San Antonio but still makes Bulls stronger.

Parker/Gino/Kawhi/Pau/Duncan
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #12274
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Seems like Deng might want to take his talents to South Beach, so we'll see...
To me Luol Deng is essentially a poor man's Lebron?... does everything LBJ can, just not as efficiently hah
Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #12275
Ebisu Boss

I wonder if James is gonna wear #23 or #6 ... the fans will need to buy jerseys regardless since... well you know ...

I'm leaning towards 6 though.