REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #51
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
you guys are overanalyzing this.

doesn't matter how hot a girl is, she has the same evolutionary instincts as any other human.
that means, she wants to live, she wants to eat, she wants to fuck.

now she's just picky because 10 out of 10 guys who approach her use the same punch line "Hey, I love that dress" "Hey I love your hairdo" "Can I buy you a drink?"
so she has those auto-pilot responses to tell them to fuck off without even thinking about it.

Like I said, you have to learn to get past this bitch shield and stand out as the 11th guy different from all the rest. Once you're past that, it's evolutionary biology all over again.

Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 AM   #52
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post

doesn't matter how hot a girl is, she has the same evolutionary instincts as any other human.

now she's just picky because 10 out of 10 guys who approach her use the same punch line "Hey, I love that dress" "Hey I love your hairdo" "Can I buy you a drink?"
so she has those auto-pilot responses to tell them to fuck off without even thinking about it.

Like I said, you have to learn to get past this bitch shield and stand out as the 11th guy different from all the rest. Once you're past that, it's evolutionary biology all over again.
wow ur fukn good!!
so how do i become the 11th guy>?

edit : how do i avoid being one of the first 10 guys
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #53
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
wow ur fukn good!!

be yourself, dont act desperate like the other 10. Girls wants to see the "real" you not some clown who thinks he's the shit using his money to buy into her pants.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #54
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
be yourself, dont act desperate like the other 10. Girls wants to see the "real" you not some clown who thinks he's the shit using his money to buy into her pants.
dude.. i gotta agree +1
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
wow ur fukn good!!

Be genuine with what you say. Most (not all) pre-meditated lines don't work. Use one of those and they'll just go autopilot on you.
Because honestly, lines like "I love your dress, can I buy you a drink" are all just truism.

What I would personally say is, "Nice dress, I've seen like four other girls wear it tonight. Is there a spring blowout sale on Robson or something?" or "Love that hairdo, is that a wig?"
Sure, you might make her hate you, but you've already gotten further than the other ten guys: you've gotten her attention. The rest, is just to turn that initial bad impression into something that makes her think you're genuine.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #56
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Be genuine with what you say. Most (not all) pre-meditated lines don't work. Use one of those and they'll just go autopilot on you.
Because honestly, lines like "I love your dress, can I buy you a drink" are all just truism.

What I would personally say is, "Nice dress, I've seen like four other girls wear it tonight. Is there a spring blowout sale on Robson or something?" or "Love that hairdo, is that a wig?"
Sure, you might make her hate you, but you've already gotten further than the other ten guys: you've gotten her attention. The rest, is just to turn that initial bad impression into something that makes her think you're genuine.

could easily work

grab her attention by insulting her (dont go overboard here...) tell her her shoes are attroucious, or be like "i love the hula hoops! coulding find a pair of normal earings for tonight?"

either that or ghb always works! (kidding!!!!) lol
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #57
Need to Seek Professional Help

$ is everything
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #58
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

LOL ^ its sortta true
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #59
noob

Quote:

Interesting analysis but I'm calling BS on those lines actually working. By working I don't mean a slap in the face or getting verbally trashed by the girl.
Can you imagine getting married to the chick and her reminiscing about your first impression on her saying if she had a wig on her hair. Thats just crazy nuts man!
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

ahhh i dont know about that. i mean most pre thought out lines are going to bomb, but ive had girls attracted to me after ive spent 20 mins insulting them. as long as its more flirty then anything its not too bad. it shows that yeah you think she's hot but you're not shook over it.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #61

oh and also be ready for when she starts dissing you. the hot ones with wit are the most surprising. sometimes they will own you and you wont expect it and you'll be left holding your dick going "wtf just happend"
Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets View Post
Interesting analysis but I'm calling BS on those lines actually working. By working I don't mean a slap in the face or getting verbally trashed by the girl.
Can you imagine getting married to the chick and her reminiscing about your first impression on her saying if she had a wig on her hair. Thats just crazy nuts man!
It works.
I've done it on more than one occasion.

I think you may have the wrong impression of my post.
Of course, you don't just go up there and straight up insult her--that'd be like a girl coming up to you and say "wow, the hell? did you not shower today?"
I meant is as a bit of a wayward compliment; nobody likes rudeness. You tell her you like her dress, then you continue to say that you've seen many girls wear the same thing. You make her sound like the bad guy (the biter), and she'll deny it. It's simply a way of making that first connection and making her reply to you--because that way, as I said, you've already gotten further than the other ten guys who she didn't even bother giving a genuine reply to.

Of course, it might not work for just anybody. It took me several tries to get this down. Delivery is just as important, if not more important than the actual content in this case. If your delivery gives her the idea that you're just trying to be an asshole, then you'll get rejected. If your delivery makes you sound like it was a pre-meditated thing to say, you'll get rejected. This leads back (somewhat) to the whole slap-in-the-face reply I often get when I tell people about it.
Well, I was talking to a guy I often go clubbing with, and he said to me: "I'd rather get slapped in the face by a woman I've met than to only masturbate about her following our encounter." I took the advice, took the chance, got rejected many times--all to work on that delivery...but now it's something that works pretty well for me.

One thing I should probably add is that yes, while "first impressions last forever" definitely has some truth values to it, the line is actually overrated and over exaggerating the reality.
For instance, I used to play a lot of basketball at the local recreational center. When new guys come, we usually greet and get greeted with a game. To be honest, I hated some of the new guys sometimes, because they'd come through as snobbish, cocky, stuck-up, and just complete faggots overall, etc. (I mean, as teenagers on a basketball court, it's only natural to think that we're to best players on the court, and everybody else is trash compared to us, right?) However, once you start knowing them more, you'll realize that underneath that rough exterior and beneath their 'autopilot' personalities, they are actually pretty chill guys to hang around. Many of these guys are now close buddies of mine, and I could care less what I first thought about them now.
Take somebody you know. Think of your first impression of him or her, and then ask yourself, "Does that really matter anymore?" The answer is no with somebody you know even remotely well.

Now take that and consider what I said: yeah sure, you may come through to her as a bad guy who's insulting her, but first of all, your reason for approach ISN'T to make an insult and then leave. Your reason for approach is to get to know her better. Having that precedent, when you get to know her better, she'll think you're an alright guy that teased her about her dress, her hairdo, etc.

(I'm not bragging that I'm the 11th guy btw, I'm just saying it's something that's worked repeatedly for me).
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
ahhh i dont know about that. i mean most pre thought out lines are going to bomb, but ive had girls attracted to me after ive spent 20 mins insulting them. as long as its more flirty then anything its not too bad. it shows that yeah you think she's hot but you're not shook over it.
By the way Bonethug, this is a good point that I probably should've thought of in my original post too.

Showing 'disinterest' or being 'neutral' is better than showing direct interest in her. This is why (I think) the insulting openers work better than premeditated and "I like your dress" lines.
If you let her looks get to you, then you're no different than the other ten guys. To be the 11th guy, you have to be an exception to the rules.

Nobody as hot as her would think somebody who's constantly taking an interest in her intriguing. She's way too used to getting that sort of attention. If you don't give her the attention, somebody else will. If she doesn't get the attention she wants tonight, she could come back another night and get more attention.
She'd MUCH rather be approached by the hunky quarterback from highschool that was too cool to give a flick about her OR her good looks.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I'm that guy
the cocky sob that will drain a wet trey on ur dome and act like i do it on the daily
step ur game up

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 03-14-2009 at 06:40 PM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
I'm that guy
the cocky sob that will drain a wet try on ur dome and act like i do it on the daily
step ur game up
lol dam ur a cocky sob u kno that LOL
Old 03-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #66
noob

Quote:
I'm that guy
the cocky sob that will drain a wet try on ur dome and act like i do it on the daily
step ur game up
Thats great to hear. The more pertinent question that needs to be asked is if you're pulling in the hotties. Anyone can be cocky or say they're cocky but when it comes to the crunch most guys end up fouling out when they go for the slamdunk if you know what I'm saying.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #67

Quote:
I'm that guy
step ur game up

I'm a big fan of the saying, "if you believe in yourself, then others will start believing in you too",
but you're just doing it wrong.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #68

the internet is srs business gais
ye i gets what ur saying, shits as real as it gets, real talk real talk, respect
WHO SLAM HARDER?! ONYX OR VINCE CARTER? ONYYXXXXX

on the serious tho I'm like rasheed wallace when it comes to foulin out
Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #69

Quote:
ye i gets what ur saying, shits as real as it gets, real talk real talk, respect

do you actaully listen to onyx?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #70
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

I've been dating a 21 yr old French model for the past 2 months, so perhaps I have some experience in this area. It's easy to fake an attitude but it's far more difficult to fake a lifestyle.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #71

Quote:

lol dayaam... what the helllzz...boy
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #72

WOOOOOOOORD UP RAISE IT UP

yall cant GIT on mah level
Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #73
Why'd you do that for?

Quote:
Agreed.

However, I've tried approaching some pretty hot girls before (without the menacing boyfriends part). They have this bitch shield, and are as ignorant as fuck. But if you can manage to get past that (seen it done, but never managed), they're just like any other girls.

+1, Agreed

Doesn't hurt to try, you get one life, and heck you'd probably only see them once so why not just try. You'll get the jist of how they're like. In the end you looks only go so far...personality is better for the long run (NOTE: not saying that ugly as f*ck will do)
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #74
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
hottest girls are easiest to win, not at clubs, but through other social events and networks.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #75
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
hottest girls are easiest to win, not at clubs, but through other social events and networks.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote