REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

well, before getting into weight lifting 9 years ago, I wanted to be HUGE, but when it started to be a hobby (and quite addicting) I just liked working out. It didn't really matter how BIG I got, I just wanted to see improvement of some sort, mostly strength and definition wise. I don't think I'm satisifed with my size and looks yet but I kinda know what you mean, I'm not sure if I'll ever be satisfied because it seems like the goals are being reached then the bar is being raised every time the goal is reached.

Does anybody else here that works out quite often feel that working out is addicting? Like if I don't work out for 3 or 4 days I feel like garbage, I feel weak and feel like I've wasted 9 years of working out for nothing because I stopped for a couple days. I feel short tempered with people when I am gym deprived, I dunno if that's just me or do other people feel it too. AND NO ROIDS HAVE BEEN USED, so it's not roid rage.
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
^I think most of us are like that, I go to the gym 4 days a week and do Bikram yoga for 2 days a week. For most people that is insanity, but hey, successful people do what normal people think is "crazy"
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #28
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityPimp View Post
well, before getting into weight lifting 9 years ago, I wanted to be HUGE, but when it started to be a hobby (and quite addicting) I just liked working out. It didn't really matter how BIG I got, I just wanted to see improvement of some sort, mostly strength and definition wise. I don't think I'm satisifed with my size and looks yet but I kinda know what you mean, I'm not sure if I'll ever be satisfied because it seems like the goals are being reached then the bar is being raised every time the goal is reached.

Does anybody else here that works out quite often feel that working out is addicting? Like if I don't work out for 3 or 4 days I feel like garbage, I feel weak and feel like I've wasted 9 years of working out for nothing because I stopped for a couple days. I feel short tempered with people when I am gym deprived, I dunno if that's just me or do other people feel it too. AND NO ROIDS HAVE BEEN USED, so it's not roid rage.
i totally know were you are coming from on this one. I think its cause you get in such a mind set that once you step out or take a break you are fucked in a way
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

because u are, you lose a lot of your gains FAST
ive been working out for maybe 5 years but only recently (past 5 months) have I been taking it seriously, I go 5 times a week now, before I only used to go maybe once or twice a week, I've put on 25lbs since last summer and I notice that if I take a week off Ill be slightly weaker, so its become routine, partially because I enjoy it and get good results and partially because it does feel like a waste if I stop going
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #30
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i just absolutely love working out. every part of it.

i once saw an interview where the interviewer asked why the person works out so much and the answer was this:

"when you work out, you look good. when you look good you feel good. when you feel good you are confident. and when you are confident, you are successful"

while looks arent the only reason why i goto the gym, i think that hit the nail right on the head.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
when i am in the gym i am cumming
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #32
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post

Do you let it dry, flake it off, then use it as chalk?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #33
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityPimp View Post

Buddy I know exactly what you mean. At some point in the past few weeks I've switched from working out to get big to working out because it feels good and I just cant do without it. I used to work out to get big for the confidence boost but since then Ive realized that your confidence comes from you personality and your head and not from your body. However, I still cant stop working out because my body feels like its falling apart if i don't work out. I went to the states for a week and all that was on my mind when i got back was to get some pho cause I love that shit and then work out.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
wearing a small might do that
Try putting on an XL dress shirt from Mexx with a 17" arm, doesn't fit so well.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Arnold Schwarzenegger: "The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump. Let's say you train your biceps. Blood is rushing into your muscles and that's what we call The Pump. You muscles get a really tight feeling, like your skin is going to explode any minute, and it's really tight - it's like somebody blowing air into it, into your muscle. It just blows up, and it feels really different. It feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
after reaching 235lbs you decided to lose over 50lbs and drop to 182lbs because your shirts didnt fit? no offence, but was this idea fueled by a meth habbit?
Fueled by boredom. Hit my goal of seeing how much weight I could put on, wanted to see how much I could take off and finally get results from my abs.

Try training for a marathon and keeping the weight on, there's a good reason marathon runners look anorexic.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #37
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Arnold Schwarzenegger: "The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump. Let's say you train your biceps. Blood is rushing into your muscles and that's what we call The Pump. You muscles get a really tight feeling, like your skin is going to explode any minute, and it's really tight - it's like somebody blowing air into it, into your muscle. It just blows up, and it feels really different. It feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."
YEAHHH PUMPING IRON!!! classic lol

when i first started working out, the main goal of going to the gym was getting big. then as time went on it just became a regular habit/routine that i did monday-friday. missing a day at the gym was like not eating or showering or any of the daily routines one does. no matter what's happening or how busy i am with work and school i make time for the gym. many find it obsessive, but i just think it's passion and dedication for training and only the gym rats in us understand this feeling. the iron does not lie

for me personally, i didn't have a specific goal of how big i wanted to get. i just wanted to see where it'd take me. i don't think i'll ever be satisfied with my progress though as enough, will never be enough when it's reached. i'll always be striving for more. at this point, i'm more interested in gaining strength than gaining size.
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote