REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Small Health Issue

Ok, so this looks like the place this question fits the most.

So I'm going to fly to Quebec in May and I am nervous about the metal plate in my arm. I broke it a few years back and it needed a metal plate or some sort. The question is, will the metal detector detect the metal plate? And if so, what do I need or what will they do when it does go off?

Anyone with experience with this?

Please and Thanks.
Advertisement
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
God of Unce

If I remember right, you would need a doctor's note or something. I could be wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Not sure about the metal plate, but the metal used for the screw in my wrist doesnt ever set off the detectors at the airports.

However, the metal plate in your body might be different metal...
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
R8
Buy/Sell rules violation; Zero Tolerance

i think they might use the metal arm bar thing to run over your body, when it gets to your elbow i guess u can tell them its a metal bar? i mean, if u roll up your sleeve, im sure nothing can show you got any weapons?
R8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8 View Post
i think they might use the metal arm bar thing to run over your body, when it gets to your elbow i guess u can tell them its a metal bar? i mean, if u roll up your sleeve, im sure nothing can show you got any weapons?
yes, that should work
unless they think you planted a ak-47 in your arm
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Alright. Thanks guys. So judging from your help, the metal detector will beep and all I need is to tell them I have a metal plate in my arm.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

You can get a card or something that says you have metal in your body for medical reasons...

There are people I know with titanium rods in their body that have never set off metal detectors before... so it may not even go off...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

it won't go off, i'd know because my coller bone is metal and have scars to prove it. also screws in my wrist. pretty much show the scars, they'll understand. Most of all, the metal that is used in the human body isn't dense enough to set off alarms through metal detectors.
Jun_Y is offline   Reply With Quote