REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

What now?

should be in a relationship for 2 years today...but, i don't know what just happened cause everything was good, she decided "she doesn't feel the same way anymore", so I'm sure we're done now.

I'm pretty bummed by it. Totally affected, and I know I shouldn't. What sucks about it is that her bday party is coming up and Im thinking of not going. But obviously, I dont wanna be a jerk about it.

Any pointers boys and girls.

_kiko_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

If you guys are through I wouldn't show up at her bday. It's not about being a jerk, its about common sense.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
noob

call your buddies and do something fun to take your mind off this chick. go strip club, club or bar and let loose. if you dwell on this it's gonna slowly make you more and more emotional. go smoke some dank and geek the fuck out. There's plenty of chicks like billions of them.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Director of RS Cares

my advice: don't go to her party. you have every right of not wanting to go--she just broke your heart! you will not come off as a jerk if you decline politely, she can't expect you to be all "yeah, lets be friends now" after only a couple of days.

give yourself time to heal. and cutting ties with her right now is the best solution.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #5

Thanks all. I really don't want to go, it's gonna be very difficult. What a waste of time and money, cause I was actually in it for the long run. I'm sure there's plenty of "replacements" but I guess it's tough to think about replacements these days.

Update: Just called her and told her I'm not going.
She's like "Fine whatever"

Now I feel bad, but I guess I should start thinking about me these days.

Last edited by _kiko_; 02-22-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Director of RS Cares

don't feel bad. she didn't even try to convince you to come, but instead gave you a pretty rude response.

just do your own thing from now on. spend time with your friends! find new hobbies. focus on whatever it is you like doing!
Old 02-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kiko_ View Post
Thanks all. I really don't want to go, it's gonna be very difficult. What a waste of time and money, cause I was actually in it for the long run. I'm sure there's plenty of "replacements" but I guess it's tough to think about replacements these days.

Update: Just called her and told her I'm not going.
She's like "Fine whatever"

Now I feel bad, but I guess I should start thinking about me these days.
seems like shes already moved on, brah. doesnt surprise me cuz she mustve felt this way for a while before telling you.

look out for yourself man.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #8

yeah most likely. tough to accept but im gonna have to live with it. yeah i think it was a pretty rude response too, i thought maybe she'd say something like, oh can you come please?

oh well, just gotta change my perception. thanks guys, believe it or not you're helping.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
yeah most likely. tough to accept but im gonna have to live with it. yeah i think it was a pretty rude response too, i thought maybe she'd say something like, oh can you come please?

oh well, just gotta change my perception. thanks guys, believe it or not you're helping.
Take some time and assess everything, maybe it's for the best that you two are now separated. It's gonna be tough for a while but you'll pull through, hang out with some friends, find something to keep you occupied.
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #10

yeah im pretty sure everything will be fine. I just need to read/hear it a million times. hahaha. thanks!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Time to hit the gym, my friend.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #12
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^ This. Get healthy, take your mind off of her and meet some chicks possibly.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
I don't get it

You will get over it, give it a couple of weeks maybe a month or two and you will feel a lot better. Don't think about relationships but try to have fun with your friends.
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptik View Post
seems like shes already moved on, brah. doesnt surprise me cuz she mustve felt this way for a while before telling you.
+1.

What a fucked up situation. She's doing this because she can get away with it. She knows you need her more than she needs you. See how fast her attitude changes when the situation is switched.

Right now, as it sits, if you were to find another girl. She'd be livid, pissed, and will accuse you cheating. Yet if she were to find another guy first, trust me, she'd entertain her new options.

Right now, she's only looking out for herself. Your play: Do what's right for you. Only look out for you because no one else will.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
don't feel bad. she didn't even try to convince you to come, but instead gave you a pretty rude response.

just do your own thing from now on. spend time with your friends! find new hobbies. focus on whatever it is you like doing!
you can focus on whatever you like ..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #16

WOW im pretty impressed with this community. I didn't think I was going to get that many responses.

Thanks a lot, this is great, believe it or not all of this is making me regain my confidence on myself. You guys are awesome.

Thanks for all the advice and words of wisdom. I'm actually glad I posted my issue on this lol.

Yeah for sure, time to hit the gym hard. I haven't eaten all day so thats a start hahaha. Yeah right now I'm not really looking into finding someone else, I just wanna staty busy and forget her completely. She messaged me on msn just now as I am typing this. "You really don't want to come to my birthday" I haven't responded, not thinking of responding too.
Thanks guys and girls.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
WOW im pretty impressed with this community. I didn't think I was going to get that many responses.

Thanks a lot, this is great, believe it or not all of this is making me regain my confidence on myself. You guys are awesome.

Thanks for all the advice and words of wisdom. I'm actually glad I posted my issue on this lol.

Yeah for sure, time to hit the gym hard. I haven't eaten all day so thats a start hahaha. Yeah right now I'm not really looking into finding someone else, I just wanna staty busy and forget her completely. She messaged me on msn just now as I am typing this. "You really don't want to come to my birthday" I haven't responded, not thinking of responding too.
Thanks guys and girls.
IMO its better if you don't respond, just ignore her and everything to do with her. It'll help you keep your mind off of her and you'll feel better. Definitely eat bro doesn't have to be a big meal but keep eating throughout the day.

Hit the gym up hard, remember just because she doesn't want you now doesn't mean that every girl out there doesn't want you. Show her what she's losing out on
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
yeah man, when I got dumped, I hit the gym, started yoga, took salsa dancing classes. Better yourself, and you'll always come out on top. There will be times when your confidence will fade and you want her back, but it's just a test of your mental strength, hang on and fight it. Talk with your friends, vent your frustrations, and you'll be alright.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #19

hahaha nice...thanks dude.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #20
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
l say phone her back and say you want to come to the party....at the party..make sure your with your guy friends...and try to hook up with some of her friends!!

Last edited by stewie; 02-22-2009 at 08:43 PM.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

hey dude just wanted to give u support too man
i know these things u cant control but its great time to better yourself.
keep busy.
go out and meet other girls even just for fun. it'll take time to heal but if u go out and meet other girls.. u'll get over her.

for now like i said keep busy.... just do what u got to do

go out and have fun. keep improving.
a girl should be part of your life and not your whole life.

(and listen to heartless by kanye west LOL..
"you wait a couple months then you gon' see..you'll never find nobody better than me)
good lyrics haha!!

good luck dude
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

dont listen to heartless. listen to kim. its okay to be angry. hate her till you think she is less then dirt. then be friends with her.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #23
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^^ why not heartless

and whats kim? haha
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

It's ok to get out of the baseball game, and go back to handball.

haha.
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #25

hahaha...heartless nice.
thanks guys, its funny y'all dont know me, but y'all are there to support.