REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   met a girl at bookstore-she suggest we dinner, i said coffee (https://www.revscene.net/forums/567093-met-girl-bookstore-she-suggest-we-dinner-i-said-coffee.html)

sam_malone 03-06-2009 11:04 AM

met a girl at bookstore-she suggest we dinner, i said coffee

Well pretty much i met this girl at the bookstore while she was looking at the book sale clearance section. i approached her and said hello and talked. pretty much a random approach-sheabout an average looking girl. i did at one point gave her my number and email addy out, and she without me asking wrote down her email addy out on a piece of papaer and gave it to me. we parted since i didn;t have much to talk anymore and said i had to go. see ya

well i emailed her a few days ago, but haven\t heard from her yet. i emailed her again and she replied back today.

i wrote at the top and she replied at the bottom. what i didn't like about her was her 4th line in the email shown below "|Will you buy me dinner". i did previously when i met her at the bookstore say "hey we can meet again and go for coffee" and she agreed. its just weird , but dinner and paying for it for a person i just met and now for 8 minutes. huh
do you think this girl is a freeloader and looking for a free meal or not. i do believe she is from overseas korean.
i'm not making a lot of money in my job,and saving up for things. so its not like a have money to blow either.
i was thinking about meeting again for ice cream, coffee, and check out some scenarious in vancouver area since she is from out of town. imean if i like her then dinner would be a thing.
i'm not even sure how long shes planning on staying in vancouver. i believe she said till sept

i just don't like the idea of her expecting a dinner from me. why dinner, isn;t coffee, ice cream and walk in the park or around good enough . and we don;lt even now each other at all, but for 8 minutes we chatted
what would u guys do in this sittuation-what would u do-

Hi Jenny
How are you doing today.we met at chapters a few days ago
when are you free? want to meet for coffee? i can show you around vancouver
theres this nice ice cream place near main st.

HER RESPONSE

Yes.. I remember you^^ How are you? I was a little bit busy because of my homework. I am free after school on thursday. Tomorrow and wednedsday i have an appointment.
If you are also free on thursday, we can meet together.^^ Will you buy me a dinner?^^
Let me know if you are available or not^^
Take care~ See you

k2_alpha 03-06-2009 11:14 AM

It appears she wants a date with you.
I think it pretty normal to buy the dinner for the first date. Most people meet for a short time and then go for dinner to see if they are really compatible. Nothing wrong about it at all.

Like you said earlier, just show her around Vancouver and bring her to a place that is relatively cheap. The whole I am made of money and I am going to bring you to a fancy restaurant is overblown and played out.

Bring her somewhere that has good food and a good vibe. This way you can also judge her reaction too. If she seems to be ok with it then fine, but if doesn't like it, then dump her ass. She probably gold digging.

BTW, good job on having the balls to talking to someone who you didn't know and actually get a date with her. :thumbsup:

Noir 03-06-2009 11:16 AM

She's probably saying it to be cute. That request seemed only half serious at best. Still though, it's half. lol.

I'd say just still meet up with her and chill. Feel it out a little bit more. If she does turn out to be the type that requires to be wine and dined, and IS only average(ish), I would say that's a little cocky on her part.

Durrann1984 03-06-2009 11:20 AM

yah i agree with others
u dont have to go anyplace fancy for dinner..or even dinner at all

just take her to that ice cream place or w/e and take it from there
if she deserves to be taken to dinner and the date is going well.. then go grab a bite to eat

Adsdeman 03-06-2009 11:21 AM

Dude how fucking cheap are u if u wanna get laid u gotta pay! Simple

Synaptik 03-06-2009 11:23 AM

she sounds like shes just being flirty. take it easy brah, girls require capital.

illicitstylz 03-06-2009 11:41 AM

well you can start with ice cream and a walk in the park, and if all goes well move onto dinner, it's not that difficult is it?

Grandmaster TSE 03-06-2009 11:48 AM

you can always cook her dinner
and since you're at home, can always do something after......

wasabisashimi 03-06-2009 11:55 AM

how was her english and communication skill?,, if she is from overseas, chances are she will be an ESL. Sometimes ESL people use english expressions that we don't normally expect.

Also, I thought korean girls from korea expects men to pay for everything.

Culture_Vulture 03-06-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adsdeman (Post 6315792)

Not true.
Not true at all.

BUY HER DINNER?
fuck no.

reply her
"I'll tell you what. You buy me dinner and I'll do your laundry."

or for the more subtle approach,
just give her a time constraint. tell her you have to visit your grandmother's sick dog so you can't stay for dinner; but you'd love to see her again.

BoneThug 03-06-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

thats not really true. the only real truth in this world is that pussy is free

Durrann1984 03-06-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

putting the pussy on the pedestal

no.

Gt-R R34 03-06-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 6315852)
how was her english and communication skill?,, if she is from overseas, chances are she will be an ESL. Sometimes ESL people use english expressions that we don't normally expect.

Also, I thought korean girls from korea expects men to pay for everything.

i'm sure this is more the situation then anything else.

domesticdiva 03-06-2009 12:52 PM

if u buy her dinner, she might give u head after as a reward :P

you 03-06-2009 01:04 PM

just go to mcdicks
done

BlackV62K2 03-06-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Man, your game must be horrible if you're paying everytime you get laid. LOL

hotjoint 03-06-2009 01:33 PM

pussy = free

Amuse 03-06-2009 03:43 PM

If you buy her a dinner, then buy her a dinner. Spend $10 for her dinner. She's not expecting you to buy her an expensive dinner anyways.

NimbeeTT 03-06-2009 04:40 PM

From her over usage of "^^" it's obvious that she's one of those typical cutesy or trying-to-be-cutesy Asian girls
Correct me if im wrong tho. hah
but yeah, i doubt she was really serious about the dinner thing. But it is gentlemanly to pay for first "Date" since im guess that's what it'll be. No fast foods. But nothing TOO fancy either, dont wanna spoil her just in case

Zyzz 03-06-2009 05:37 PM

added bookstore to pickup location list

Durrann1984 03-06-2009 06:26 PM

^^ and added Adsdeman to the not going to be my wingmen list

haa haa i kid i kid

Culture_Vulture 03-06-2009 06:32 PM

^why not? he'd pay for everything and all you have to do is take the glory.
48 laws of power man!

Durrann1984 03-06-2009 07:11 PM

^^ your a smart man
LOL

Dinan3 03-06-2009 09:05 PM

I'd reply with: "Sure, I'll buy you dinner. What do I get in return? ^_^"

achiam 03-06-2009 10:21 PM

She was being cute and funny; no harm. Go for it!
Just bring her somewhere casual. Like Nando's!