REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #1576
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

ya i got 2 packs of the silky one and its very hard. trying the regular one now. which designs did you guys choose?
Advertisement
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #1577
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Free DropBox space: Up to 5GB
Quote:
Dropbox is testing out their new automatic photo/video upload feature, and while it's in beta, you can get up to 5GB of free space added to your account simply by giving it a whirl.

To get the free bonus, you will need to download the latest build of Dropbox here (available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linus xB6 and Linus xB6_64). After installing, connect your camera or phone to your computer and the importer should auto-run. Select the Dropbox importer, and your files will be imported to your Dropbox folder.

You'll receive a 500MB space bonus for your first import (any size), and then an extra 500MB storage bonus for every 500MB of photos/videos you upload thereafter (up to 4.5GB total).

If you count the 500MB bonus from your first import, you can get up to 5GB of additional storage for free! Since this feature is still in beta, they suggest that you backup your Dropbox files before upgrading to the build. Make sure you read through the notes before trying this out.
Computers & Electronics : Dropbox Freebie | Vancouver Deals - RedFlagDeals.com
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #1578
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
does it have to be 5gb in one go or can it be over a couple uploads? i dont have a card bigger than 5gb
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1579
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
RE: this ^^^

rename a 5GB file's extension to .JPG and drop it on a usb stick.

Make a folder on the usb stick and name it DCIM. Put that renamed file in it. plug into pc

after you get the sync to dropbox click sync. after a few min you get the full 5 GB bonus space and you can cancel the upload.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #1580
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Not sure if this is still applicable but

https://www.kleenex.com/softnessworthsharing
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #1581

So Im up to 6gb storage on drop box now. I stopped my upload half way thru but it didnt cancel, only pause. how the fuck do i cancel !?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1582
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post

Make a folder on the usb stick and name it DCIM. Put that renamed file in it. plug into pc

after you get the sync to dropbox click sync. after a few min you get the full 5 GB bonus space and you can cancel the upload.

worked like a charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
So Im up to 6gb storage on drop box now. I stopped my upload half way thru but it didnt cancel, only pause. how the fuck do i cancel !?
All I did was unplug my USB and deleted the file in the dropbox folder
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #1583
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
Got mine woot. im up to 7.25 gb
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1584
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post

I originally started with 3.2GB and I tried your method but it won't upload/sync because it says I don't have enough room for the 5GB jpg file. Am I doing something wrong?
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1585
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Did you download the newer version version of DropBox ?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #1586
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Yep, downloaded.

took a 5GB file and put it into a folder called DCIM, plugged in external harddrive, selected the import to dropbox function.

So I started with 3.2GB but im uploaded a 5GB file.
How does it allow you to upload 5GB when I dont even have that to begin with. Therefore I won't be able to get the credit for an extra 5GB lol.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #1587
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
hm... my computer doesn't have autoplay anymore even though its selected to do autoplay with all devices
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #1588
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Yep, downloaded.

took a 5GB file and put it into a folder called DCIM, plugged in external harddrive, selected the import to dropbox function.

So I started with 3.2GB but im uploaded a 5GB file.
How does it allow you to upload 5GB when I dont even have that to begin with. Therefore I won't be able to get the credit for an extra 5GB lol.
I started with 2.75GB.

Not sure what's wrong but here's what I did:

downloaded this
(2/3) - Experimental Forum Build - 1.3.13 « Dropbox Forums

Plugged in a USB flash drive, created a folder called DCIM, dropped a 5GB jpg file in there (really a zip file with renamed extension to jpg), then unplugged/plugged back in and selected "Import pictures and videos using dropbox".

The rest was automatic. The camera uploads folder was automatically created in my dropbox folder, and my jpg file started uploading despite my storage being 2.75GB only. I waited maybe 15 minutes after it finished indexing, then I just unplugged my USB and deleted the jpg from the camera uploads folder. A pop-up message from the tray came up saying my storage has been upgraded, so I pretty much got the 5 gigs instantly.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
I originally started with 3.2GB and I tried your method but it won't upload/sync because it says I don't have enough room for the 5GB jpg file. Am I doing something wrong?
If uploading one 5GB file isn't working for you guys who recently signed up for DropBox just use a large file multiple times. I just had a 3GB file that I used twice. Synced it the first time then changed the name of the file, pulled the USB out and synced again.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
Old 02-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1590
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

you can create your own 5 GB JPG.

on win 7 under admin mode open a CMD window and type in:

fsutil file createnew Cbigpicture.jpg 5000000000

The C : \ being the USB drive so use whatever letter your usb is. this makes a fake 5 GB file. make sure your flash drive is bigger then 5 GB. the name can be anything, not only "bigpicture" EG: mycock.jpg

you may have to navigate to your USB drive first.

also thats 9 zeros. you can prolly substitute the first digit to make smallersized files EG: 3000000000 for a 3 GB file.

Quote:
If you want to upload pictures but do not have 5GB of pictures to use, follow this:

1) Plug in a USB stick/SD card/other media larger with 5GB
2) Create a folder and rename it "DCIM"
3) Open command prompt with admin privileges (start button, search "CMD," right clink on "Command Prompt" and run as an admin
4) Enter: fsutil file createnew XDCIM\LargePic.JPG 5000000000 where X is the drive from step 1
5) Let Windows create the file, then allow Dropbox to search it for pictures
6) Upload and you're set
BTW the Windows beta version is here: http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/Dropbox%201.3.13.exe
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #1591
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
up to 7.5gb now

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #1592
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanks. Up to 12gb
Posted via RS Mobile
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #1593

i cant believe i have more cloud storage than my old computer had hard drive space. technology blows my mind.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #1594
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Swiped from RFD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username: View Post

Went to the Rexall stores last year with my kids and they loved collecting these.
This year there are blow up cards at London Drugs and Toys'R'Us.
List of other stores (including hobby/card stores) will be listed this week (hopfully).

Upper Deck's National Hockey Card Day

Video here:
Upper Deck's National Hockey Card Day Returns on Saturday, February 11, 2012 - YouTube

Images of the Cards can be found here: Upper Deck or here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9208419&type=1

Images from last years event: A Photo Retrospective of 2011 National Hockey Card Day | Upper Deck Blog

Upper Deck’s National Hockey Card Day in Canada Returns in February 2012

For the last three years, Canadians have enjoyed a special treat to go along with Hockey Day in Canada where they can head to select hobby shops and score free packs of Upper Deck NHL cards. It is called National Hockey Card Day and last year was widely considered one of the best events to date.

The program returns to Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012 where packs will be delivered exclusively through Upper Deck’s network of Certified Diamond Dealers who operate brick and mortar hobby shops throughout Canada. Puck fans can visit one of these shops and receive a FREE pack of Upper Deck NHL National Hockey Card Day cards while supplies last. Most of these retailers will be running a variety of other events and specials to capitalize on all the interest in this special day.

There are several factors that make Upper Deck’s National Hockey Card Day such a favorite with collectors. First, this program is exclusive to Canada and only Canadian-born players are featured in the set so there is a true sense of national pride in putting it together. Additionally, three subsets (five cards each) showcase the top rookies, stars and legends of the NHL. Next, a special 16th card is available to fans as a gift with purchase of Sidney Crosby featuring him as a member of Team Canada. Upper Deck will also be sprinkling in some very limited autograph cards randomly into packs as well of some big names that will be sure to have collectors excited.

There will be a retail portion to the program this season as well. Collectors who visit a London Drugs or Toys “R” Us in Canada and make an Upper Deck purchase can receive a special National Hockey Card Day blow-up card. The five players featured will be Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Roberto Luongo, Jonathan Toews, Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky.

Upper Deck will also be taking the experience of National Hockey Card Day online with fans through the special Facebook page created for the program. Upper Deck will offer fans a variety of FREE giveaways where they can score packs, boxes, blow-up cards and signed memorabilia just for sharing their experience with us by posting photographs or video to that Facebook page. Make sure to like that page today to take part and get other updates about the event!

We will be sharing information on which stores will be participating as the event draws closer, but in the meantime, enjoy a first look at the cards in the 2012 Upper Deck National Hockey Card Day Canada set:
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #1595
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Free - Advanced System Care PRO
I've been using this for years and they're giving it away for free only today on valentines day.
I highly suggest it.

note; I would uncheck "privacy settings" as this wipes all the internet data from your computer. ie. your autosaved stuff get's deleted.

Get it while it's hot!!!

IObit 2012 Valentine's Day Giveaway
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #1596
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Free - Advanced System Care PRO
I've been using this for years and they're giving it away for free only today on valentines day.
I highly suggest it.

note; I would uncheck "privacy settings" as this wipes all the internet data from your computer. ie. your autosaved stuff get's deleted.

Get it while it's hot!!!

IObit 2012 Valentine's Day Giveaway

Sorry, currently our mail server is overloaded due to too many participants. The gift mail may not be delivered instantly but we will try our best to guarantee the delivery.

edit: but i got my download link

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #1597
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Free Reactine sample

https://www.livingwell.ca/english/trial-offer

14330 left at 12:43
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #1598

ANOTHER chance to get an extra 3GB for Dropbox with Android Devices

Quote:
Starting today for Android, and coming soon for iOS, the Dropbox mobile apps can automatically upload your photos and videos to Dropbox using Wi-Fi or your data plan. They’re all uploaded at original size and full quality, and saved to a private folder in your Dropbox called Camera Uploads where they’re ready to view or share. Here’s a shot of the Android app in action:

Meanwhile, the new version of our Windows and Mac desktop apps can automatically upload from just about any camera, smartphone, tablet, or SD card you connect to your computer. If you’ve got great shots stranded on your Coolpix or piling up on your Canon 5D, all you’ve got to do is plug it in. We’re putting these apps through their final paces now — check here if you want to help get the kinks out!

Once your photos have been automatically uploaded to Dropbox, you’ll be able to check them out using a sneak peek of our new website. The new dropbox.com makes it way more fun and easy to flip through your pictures, where they’ll be as big and beautiful as your screen allows.

We’re really excited about these new features, and we think you’ll like them. To help you get started saving your photos, we’ll give you 500 MB of Dropbox space for your first automatic upload. As you take more photos and videos, you can use this feature to automatically upload up to a total of 3 GB extra for free.
Dropbox for Android updated with automatic photo uploads, up to 3GB free space | MobileSyrup.com
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #1599
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
ANOTHER chance to get an extra 3GB for Dropbox with Android Devices
I see your 3GB, and raise you 50GB

Box bets on Android in business with new update, gives all users 50GB storage free | VentureBeat

Cloud storage powerhouse Box has updated its Android app with tons of new features. And to celebrate, the company is giving away 50GB of free storage to any Android user who logs in during the next 30 days.

Major153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1600

They've been giving away 50gb to everyone for the longest time but dropbox has a much larger user base and UI is better IMHO
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE