REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
Exclamation Driving to Mount Seymour on All Seasons??

March 10th, 07:43 - Visibility: unlimited. Roads are clear and bare. Snowplow/sanding trucks may be working in sections, please keep an eye out. This is a mountain highway, four wheel drive or snow tires are required.

^^^^^^^ got that from the Mt Seymour site

il be heading up there later this week, but i have all seasons on my car, do they actually check or what?
Advertisement
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

please dont. All seasons mean any ice/snow and you'll find yourself in a ditch. People have a false sense of security when they hear "all season", ask people from the interior and you'll find its snow tires or a gamble.
If you are in need to go, drop by can tire and grab some chains incase you run into some snow, you can at least throw them on, but still...

This is my opinion coming from the interior where snow is a way of life in the winter
cbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I work at Mt. Seymour (Ski & Snowboard Instructor) and drive the road every weekend with All Season tires.

As long as you're not driving like a moron you should be fine.

I've driven up there in near white-out conditions in my Jetta with no problems at all.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #4

drove there a few times this month with my civic w/ all seasons, no problems at all. Like mentioned, drive safe and slow and you'll be good.

It was foggy as hell up there a couple of days last week. I could see basically nothing when driving up/down that road. That's something to be careful about too.

And as far as i know they don't check for tires. At least for the times i drove up there there were no checks.

Last edited by albert116; 03-11-2009 at 11:24 AM.
albert116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
straight from the fields of squamton

I've taken the Genesis up there a couple times already and been fine. the road isn't that bad, just please remember. If you're not going over the speed limit OR you see a car coming up behind you, PULL OVER to the slow lane.

that hill upsets me with the amount of retarded drivers. I don't like passing on the right as much as you don't like pulling over to let someone pass, but still. think people!

I'm going tomorrow night
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #6

spring ski pass for $99 FTW!