REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Is it possible to get sunglasses written up as prescription (https://www.revscene.net/forums/567922-possible-get-sunglasses-written-up-prescription.html)

shollos 03-12-2009 05:56 PM

Is it possible to get sunglasses written up as prescription

Is it possible to get sunglasses written up as prescription? if i plan to put prescription lenses in them?

Do any stores do this? To claim from benefits?

talula 03-12-2009 06:13 PM

yup some do...asian ones in richmond do for sure

RFlush 03-12-2009 06:39 PM

FRAUD ALERT

Eff-1 03-12-2009 08:51 PM

do you have a prescription from your eye doctor in your name?

Trinity 03-13-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6326167)
FRAUD ALERT

Why would this be fraud? They're corrective lenses with a tint.

BlackZRoadster 03-13-2009 09:23 AM

re-read what the OP said and you will know what he wants to do.

The OP wants to buy a pair of sunglasses, and have the optometrist write it up on the receipt as purchasing a pair of prescription glasses. Therefore he can claim from his company benefits.

Frauding his company = no no

InvisibleSoul 03-13-2009 10:44 AM

You either need a hookup like a family or friend's eyewear store, or a very shady store that would do it for anyone...

BlackZRoadster 03-13-2009 11:06 AM

^ why are ppl still giving the OP help or advice?

If i posted a thread on how to fraud icbc and accident claims, i'm sure i'll get a bitching

Trinity 03-13-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster (Post 6327136)
re-read what the OP said and you will know what he wants to do.

The OP wants to buy a pair of sunglasses, and have the optometrist write it up on the receipt as purchasing a pair of prescription glasses. Therefore he can claim from his company benefits.

Frauding his company = no no

Ohhh. Yeah. Okay. But like, if it were corrective lenses, it wouldn't be fraud!

BlackZRoadster 03-13-2009 01:55 PM

^ i dont think you understand... have you worked for a company that pays for your prescription glasses or contact lens through benefits?

Companies allow you a new pair of precription glasses or prescription sunglasses once a year or 3 years or whatever...different policy for different companies.

However they dont allow you to buy non-prescription sunglasses , if you want them to pay for it.

Therefore, the OP is trying to find a optical store to buy non-prescription sunglasses but written as prescription glasses on the receipt so he can claim benefits so he doesnt have to pay for them. Which is frauding the comany.

I hope you understand it now

Trinity 03-13-2009 03:14 PM

No, I do understand. You're not understanding what I'm saying. And yes, I understand how benefits work.

His original question did not specifically state whether or not the sunglasses he wanted to buy were with corrective lenses or not, I assumed they were prescription lenses.

Trinity 03-13-2009 03:16 PM

Plus, he edited his original post, so yeah. His prescription sunglasses would be covered up to whatever benefits he has.

bcrdukes 03-13-2009 03:35 PM

Close this thread for crying out loud. Come on Nazi Mods!!!!! :rolleyes:

bcrdukes 03-13-2009 05:55 PM

Sure, why not?

BlackZRoadster 03-13-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shollos (Post 6326100)
Is it possible to get sunglasses written up as prescription? if i plan to put prescription lenses in them?

Do any stores do this? To claim from benefits?

since you edited your post, it looks even more stupid.

If you get prescription sunglasses, of course the receipt will be written up as prescription sunglasses.
What else will they put on the receipt??

tiger_handheld 03-13-2009 09:52 PM

i need some D & G prescription shades... where the hookup at?

JSALES 03-13-2009 11:18 PM

it is possible, my friend got some versace shades

Eff-1 03-14-2009 10:25 PM

With most benefit plans, you have to send a copy of the receipt from the store that shows it as prescription eyewear, and send a copy of your prescription from the eye doctor. So to make this plan work, you need both a shady eyewear store and a shady eye doctor.

unit 03-16-2009 09:24 AM

not even a shady eyewear store really... most places will do it as long as its not a big name store.

my coworker told me about his buddies place that does it, some place on denman. i went down and didnt see anything i liked. as i left and was walking back to my car, i dropped by another store i saw and asked the guy if he'd do it - he did. i got a quick eye exam and 'prescription' eyewear in about 15 mins, and saved $300.

nipples 03-17-2009 05:52 PM

^ not true. they'll do anything you want.

i got prescription sunglasses written off, i even got the invoice amount increased to get my maximum 375 back.

after you've given em the business...why would they not?

saucywoman 03-18-2009 08:29 AM

okay this thread looks like it's about ripping a benefits program off so this is being shut down. Doing shit like this, no wonder they jack our rates up.