REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
start growing the mustache and see if ur dad gets the hints!
I'm completley hijacking this thread but it's funny although he doesn't look exactly like him there are some similarities. I don't have a picture but before he trimmed it he was rocking the same moustache in the early 90's.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
yes "dai lam yun" come to mind, ur dad's personality will never admit wrong,
Yeah, my gf makes sure I am not "dai lam yun".. she says that girls fear that in guys especially after they get married.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #28
I STILL don't get it

you have to talk to both your dad and brother. they have to learn to compromise it themselves. nobody can really help unless they realize it and most of the time, they won't. i don't know.. i never had to deal with these sort of issues because even though my dad doesn't actually apologize, he has his own way of apologizing. such as talking first or pretending nothing happened. even so, my family could never stay mad at each other for a long period of time, no matter what happens
Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #29
VLS Pet Forum Mod

To me it sounds like your dad is just expecting a little more respect from your brother towards him and your mother. Damn straight, if he doesn't want to respect them at his age he should go it alone. If he can't support himself now he better learn quick.
As much as I do believe people should still try to talk things out, there is eventually time for action. apparently the other warnings weren't heeded.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
ur brother is 19
serioulsy, let him grow up a little.
let him live off his friends for a month and then invite him back (key word is to invite him)
props for you to get your dad and mom into the same table.
your dad will NEVER EVER be able to apologize, youneed to work from another angle to make him feel right.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #31
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

What I did way back when I have a huge misunderstanding with my dad......I wrote him an email.

As much he wants to disagree or denies everything the rest of the family say......you should all get together and just write him an email/letter/something on paper. That way, at least the rest of the family have their thoughts out in the open. If it's on paper, at least he has to read through it and process it withough the argument/yelling/etc.

Don't be rude to him, just try to make him understand that the family is under a lot of stress and no body is going against him. You all just want to help and make it all better right? Give him a nice ladder to walk down the stage.

Trust me....alot of time stubbon people just doesn't want to back-down when then are in a middle of a heated conversation. Don't go head to head with them because their ego will just fight fight fight until the end...even though deep inside they know they are wrong. Just write him the letter....and let him take his time to digest it.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote