REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning

Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning This forum is brought to you by Racing Greed in Port Coquitlam.
Supercharger vs Turbocharger vs NA? Hondata vs Megasquirt? 94oct vs 87oct? Through technical discussion, let's find out what will the best option for you...

Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Desperately seeking a single turbo manifold for my 1jz

Hey all,

For the past few weeks I have been trying to source a single turbo exhaust manifold for the 1jz-gte in my Soarer. I have found several with T4 flanges but my turbo is a T3. The only T3 flanged manifold I've found so far was from a store that has gotten a lot of bad reviews regarding customer service and people not getting their orders so I'm very reluctant to buy anything there. I have looked into a T4 to T3 adapter but it's size makes it not a feasible solution. I'm cheap and not exactly rolling in dough so a custom fabbed manifold is probably not an option.

Does anyone have any leads on sources (especially Canadian ones) for this sort of thing? My experience is very limited and beyond eBay and google i really don't know where to look. There seems to be very few options for purchasing aftermarket autoparts online in Canada which is frankly kind of depressing. I'd really rather not give any of my money to the US if I could avoid it.

Anyways, looking for any ideas here.

TIA
Advertisement
Gyuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Sell the t3 and buy a t4. T3 is a waste of time on a 6.

I have made a couple t3 maniflold for 6 cylinders and it's a goofy thing to do IMO.

T61 with a 0.70 A/R turbine will spool fine if that is your worry.
Captain Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
I STILL don't get it

Saw off the flange and weld a t3 one on?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I had considered suggesting that, but it might be tough- the t3 inlet is definitely smaller, so you'll likely have problems getting it to match up.

Defitely a possibility though.

Going the other way (putting a t4 on a t3) is easy since collectors are usually tapered- you can just make the collector shorter until the opening is big enough...
Old 03-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

yeah getting the t4 mani altered is basically what i'm going to wind up doing. i can machine a t3 flange easily enough and i have a couple leads on good tig welders. the turbo is a t3 super sixty and according to a trustworthy source it should be good for 400hp at the crank which is enough for me. i'm kind of set on using this turbo as i already have it and it was a pretty good deal
Gyuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Uh that's a tiny turbo for your motor. The stock twins will make 400 crank hp no problem.
brine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Agreed. No way a super 60 t3 is making 400 crank. 350 tops.

Again sell it and buy a t4. You're wasting your time.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
If your pushing all that through a single T3 its going to spool at idle and run out of steam half way up the powerband. The reason you go to a single manifold is for the purpose of running a big turbo. Having all the runners spool the turbo is what makes having a big single possible. Even running a T3 on my 1.8 honda was to small and I was in boost on the highway at cruising speed.

I know your cheap and all but your going to do all this work and then find out its not going to work the way you thought and have to do shit all over again.

Berz out.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

my buddie will have one for sale soon when he gets his new set up ill keep u posted or u can pm him user name ( internet )
mushi-EK9 is offline   Reply With Quote