REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   jersey signing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/568301-jersey-signing.html)

hi-revs 03-15-2009 07:50 PM

jersey signing

I just bought a canucks jersey and im wondering where/how i can get it signed by the player.

is it possible to do it after a game, or are there official jersey signing days that they hold??

thanks.

RayBot 03-15-2009 09:34 PM

Getting hockey autographs in person is a past time for me. Its difficult to do it after games....but before games are a different story?

Anyone in particular you are looking to get?

hi-revs 03-15-2009 10:02 PM

im looking to get kesler to sign my jersey.

how/when would you say is the best time to do it, besides running into him somewhere and having the jersey on, with a permanent black marker in my pocket??:P

mickz 03-15-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-revs (Post 6331339)
im looking to get kesler to sign my jersey.

how/when would you say is the best time to do it, besides running into him somewhere and having the jersey on, with a permanent black marker in my pocket??:P

You JUST missed out. Kesler had a signing yesterday at PC. From what I've heard there weren't very many people there so he ended up leaving early.

You can try standing outside Gate 9 before a game (around 5pm) and hope that Kesler will stop and autograph your jersey. He drives a Murano.

hi-revs 03-15-2009 10:35 PM

gate 9 ehh?

Why wouldnt he stop and autograph my jersey??

hi-revs 03-15-2009 10:36 PM

btw, how would i be able to find out when which player has a "signing day" and where it would be held??

mickz 03-15-2009 10:47 PM

Some players don't stop and sign because they're not obliged to. Sometimes they'll stop, sometimes they won't, that's life.

For player signings I usually find out from word of mouth. The signings yesterday (Ohlund, Kesler, Burrows) were not widely publicized... I found out from my friend's friend who happens to work at the Bell Store at Metrotown.

Waiting at Gate 9 is probably your best bet right now. March is already half over and players don't do signings in April. I doubt there are going to be many, if any, player signings in the rest of the month.

You could also try to get them to sign after practice. However I'm not familiar with their practice schedule or policies.

hi-revs 03-15-2009 11:20 PM

Thanks for the info Mickz!

I guess ill be down there on Tuesday! :D

This may be a stupid question, obviously i would ask him to sign with a permanent marker, but im wondering if the autograph would come off after a few washes in the washing machine???

RayBot 03-15-2009 11:56 PM

Gate 9 is where i get my signings...and my entire collection of autographed stuff has come from there.

The main reason why Kesler and some other canucks wouldn't stop to sign when they come in is because a lot of times....the autograph hound losers are there getting stuff to sell their stuff on ebay for profit. The players recognize them because they see them there sometimes prior to every practice AND every game. And they hate signing for people like that...

It ruins it for people like you, or other bona fide fans that wants to get a single autograph of their favorite player.

But if you go around 3:30 to the ramp of gate 9, you'll see players of both teams on game night coming in. If you see people holding their binders, pucks, pre-cut numbers and jerseys (all held by the same person) getting ready to be signed.....don't expect the players to stop for you.

If you are there on your own....then good. I know Ryan Kesler would stop for an autograph. Most likely, u'll be on your own if its a game night of a team where the autographed hounds have nothing to gain from the visiting team....like Nashville, Minnesota, and St. Louis. Or....if its really crappy weather, because the autograph hound losers are too poor to drive and don't want to take transit to GM Place.

My collection of personally autographed pucks is my most coveted collection that i currently own.

hi-revs 03-16-2009 12:10 AM

^^Great! Thanks Raybot!

So 3:30 is the time to be there if the game is at 7?

RayBot 03-16-2009 12:23 AM

If you definitely don't want to miss anyone, then yes....3:30. They will arrive between 330-5....no later than 5. Some big names come earlier, so don't miss out.

Just to mention whats included in my puck collection: Luongo, Naslund, Nash, Phaneuf, the Sedins, Linden, Kariya, Hemsky, Zetterberg, and my favorite predators: legwand, weber, erat, arnott and tootoo (i'm a big predators fan) all shelved in my theatre room.

As i said...some of the big names come earlier, and that could be the difference between showing up at 330 or 4pm.

hi-revs 03-16-2009 12:28 AM

WOW!!! Thats quite the collection you have there.

Thanks again for the info!

RayBot 03-16-2009 12:36 AM

Happy to help.....tell me how it goes.

ChaKo 03-16-2009 02:08 AM

why would you wash the jersey??

hotjoint 03-16-2009 06:32 AM

just heard about the signings that kes, ohlund and bur did this weekend, I just bought a kes jersey too, would have been at pc for his signing :(

hi-revs 03-16-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaKo (Post 6331753)
why would you wash the jersey??

sseriously? so you wouldnt wash the jersey after getting it autographed?

R8 03-16-2009 11:53 AM

^I would probably wear it on special occasions, if not, i wouldnt wear it at all.

SumAznGuy 03-16-2009 12:01 PM

I use to stand outside Pacific Colesium when the Nuck's played there. Good memories.

RayBot 03-16-2009 12:27 PM

i'm with ChaKo...

If it was signed by my favorite player...i'd frame it.

hi-revs 03-16-2009 05:02 PM

aww man, now i dont know if i want it signed, lol.
cuz i tend to wear it to every game and out to restaurants when theyre playing away games, lol....yeah im a diehard fan of the canucks, lol.

hmm, would permanent marker really come off of clothing if i end up chucking it into the washing machine??

SumAznGuy 03-16-2009 05:12 PM

It won't wash off on the first wash, but they will eventually fade if you keep washing it.

411ken 03-16-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-revs (Post 6332650)
aww man, now i dont know if i want it signed, lol.
cuz i tend to wear it to every game and out to restaurants when theyre playing away games, lol....yeah im a diehard fan of the canucks, lol.

hmm, would permanent marker really come off of clothing if i end up chucking it into the washing machine??

If you get one signed... frame it then just buy the same jersey and keep it unsigned lol...

HonestTea 03-16-2009 06:02 PM

great fucking question!

never knew myself haha

too bad Washington isn't coming until next season haha Ovechkin :)