REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #126
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
hey 6th gear who r you? and what number? just curious
Why? Planning on tracking me down next game and take me out?

#14. I play Defense...Boo-urns. Apparently I suck to much playing forward, I got demoted to the back end.
Advertisement
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #127
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

yup RS beat down set up for you allready.

what tier you guys again? too lazy to check, one of my teams might play yours. on my teams i play D and F... doesnt matter to me cuz i can just skate it up while a F drops back.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #128

What ever the lowest one is. Since the first 4 game schedule is out, we're sticking around the next 2 games. Lets hope the league will bump us up after game #4.

Too bad if I rush the puck, the noobs don't know how to sit back and cover. But no really, I got the same thing on my PICH tier 6 team. I played so crappy on forward, they switched me back to Defense. Funny thing is, I'm not even a defenseman. lol.

Shit, I hate late games. Lame 10:30 games. I'm so tired right now, I just wanna go sleep. Anyone on PICH Refugees? Should be a good game tonight.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #129

i think pich refugees are ringers arnt they? i hate the 1045 games... i get home at like 1230 or so and i cant sleep till like 1ish... and then i have school or work at 8am.. so crappy. is pich game times better? im planning to switch next year.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #130

First off, I talked to Bryan tonight. There seemed to have been a mix up about the tiering of my team. He apparently didn't receive any notifications about my team wanting to get bumped up. He only had just heard about us wanting to go up a Div like a couple days ago. Some miscommunication between the team and league.

Good game tonight vs Refugees. They def don't belong in this tier. I couldn't see 1 player that had trouble skating or handling the puck. Although we lost 6-3 tonight, I felt both teams were pretty equal. Too bad our goalie had a bad game, I may have jinxed him by telling him not to pull a Luongo. Lol. I also found out tonight it's his first time playing roller goalie. That #19 on their team, he's got one hell of a slapshot. We underestimated how many decent players they had. We figured they were like us, 4-5 decent guys and the rest noobs. We were pretty wrong..lol.

Yeah, I have to admit, PICH has better rink times, and honestly, that's the only thing going for them. If you think VIHL is poorly run, your gonna want to burn RIC down, cause they are down right horrible. The Schedule still isn't up. Lots of people think PICH is just a money grab. Ref's don't give a shit and the league managers don't run shit. I've played in the big 3 Roller Hockey Leagues. VIHL, PICH, West Coast (Langley). VIHL is the best run, out of the 3. PICH is the worst. PICH refs call a "delay of game" penalty on players who try to freeze the puck along the boards. Now that is stupid.

Bryan works his ass off for VIHL and he employs quite a few people to help move things along. But he can't focus on the league itself 24/7. He's got a day job like most of us do. I enjoy playing in VIHL, just wish I could play higher, then I can be that plumber all over again.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #131
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

pich is hurting. stats take forever to load and their stupid site isnt even fully functional yet. vihl is way more organized but i play in pich cause that's where all of my guys play.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #132
RS controls my life!

From what I've seen the West Coast League has some of the best players. I'm not too sure about our Gold tiers (VIHL), but some of the lower tier teams in the WCL have some damned good players. 6thGear is right though, VIHL is run pretty damned smoothly. They bust ass to get stats up and all that good stuff, they're still relatively new compared to PICH, but so far they're building a good reputation for themselves.
europeeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #133
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

bryan works his ass off for the league while having a day job so you have to give him props for that. The site is updated as well as stats.

Like 6th gear said, the only thing going for pich is the rink times. I went back to pich this year because my vihl games didnt start until 1030 and with work the next morning, it gets pretty tiring. I could care less about beer league stats so as long as i get to play i'm happy
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #134
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post

Yeah, I have to admit, PICH has better rink times, and honestly, that's the only thing going for them. If you think VIHL is poorly run, your gonna want to burn RIC down, cause they are down right horrible. The Schedule still isn't up. Lots of people think PICH is just a money grab. Ref's don't give a shit and the league managers don't run shit. I've played in the big 3 Roller Hockey Leagues. VIHL, PICH, West Coast (Langley). VIHL is the best run, out of the 3. PICH is the worst. PICH refs call a "delay of game" penalty on players who try to freeze the puck along the boards. Now that is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bui95 View Post
pich is hurting. stats take forever to load and their stupid site isnt even fully functional yet. vihl is way more organized but i play in pich cause that's where all of my guys play.
I couldn't agree more with what you have to say about PICH. I've played in the league almost from the start and this year, 3 of our games had only 1 ref (2 of those games the only ref that showed up was late). 1 game had no timekeeper and no scoresheet.

On top of that, until recently, there was no stats, and the scheduling is a joke. People can't make plans because they don't even know when the games are going to be scheduled.
cdnav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #135

wow that bad ehh... then i guess vihl isnt too bad but it was alot better last year. there were a few games at vihl this yaer where we only had 1 ref.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #136

The biggest ref issue I have ever run into was racist refs at Langley. During 1 game, I beat a guy 1 on 1 and was on a breakaway from his blueline in. The other player football tackles me!! I was thinking "sweet, penalty or penalty shot" I look over at the ref at the half boards. He has his hands behind his back. I look at the other ref down at the other end. No raised hand. I look back at the ref with this "WTF" expression. I ask " What no call?" He looks at me, has the pretend " I didn't see anything" look then skates away.

So I bust my ass back to my own end, slide and block a cross ice passing attempt. Well the puck was stuck under me as I slid onto our goal crease. Whistle blows and that same ref who "didn't see anything" motions a penalty shot?? I go up to him for an explanation and he totally ignores me. Now, I've reffed before and the worst thing to piss off a ref is to start screaming at him. So, i knew better and asked both of them politely. So I went to the other ref and he hands me a fucking bench minor? So not only did we get screwed with that penalty shot, we had to do a PK.

Then at the end of the game, both sides get into a bruhaha and they start calling us "fucking chinks". Then their families...yes, families as in sisters, moms and gf's start bitching at us saying we were rough out there and shit. They got all pissed cause they were an all white team with huge guys that got beaten by a team of asians that were of average asian size.

Anyway, back to PICH. They also hand out fines for stupid things, like having no goalie and players with too many different jerseys. So yeah, there's a reason why lots of people think they are a money grab league

Oh yeah, some pics are up on VIHL site. My friend is the one who's taking the pics for the league. Notorious Hawks. Nice jerseys!!

Last edited by 6thGear.; 05-13-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #137
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bui95 View Post
I have had a team in VIHL since it started in 2004.
But as a reliever I joined a team in PICH this year.
Its only 3rd game we already had schedule mix ups where there's no game and refs that didnt show up for our team
So I am bias and I do like VIHL better (ok playing in bby is better than driving 45mins to a hockey game that may or may not happen!)
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #138

3 teams getting bumped up to Chrome.

Donkey Punchers
Rub and Tug
PICH Refugees
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #139
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
3 teams getting bumped up to Chrome.

Donkey Punchers
Rub and Tug
PICH Refugees
who got moved down?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #140

Um...I don't know. I didn't check..lol.

edit. Teambag got bumped down to zinc. Wow. They lost their last game 18-4. Kinda unnecessary to run the score up like that.

Last edited by 6thGear.; 05-18-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #141

if they hurt, keep kicking em lol
Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #142

yay new game days are up and most my games for both my teams are right after another at the same rink! yay.

vic see you soon
Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #143
My homepage has been set to RS

Wow....now i REALLY don't miss roller hockey.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #144

Why? Too much drama? lol.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #145
I STILL don't get it

damn got whooped by pich refugees. what were they doing in zinc in the first place lol

one of their players were just dekeing the shit out of 3 of our guys lol
Xnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #146
easy e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Wow....now i REALLY don't miss roller hockey.
Same! Lol. I do like the different looking gear (pants n jersey and no need for shoulders). But the whole aspect of it is quite difficult to get used to especially when you're playing a game of roller and a game of ice each week.

In roller, your shit can rip and burn through if you ever bail haha.. Ice is much more forgiving.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #147
RS controls my life!

Hey guys, our team is looking for a decent goalie for two games this week. Tuesday and Friday. The games are at 10 + 11pm. We're Roflcatzz in the Bronze II division, we're looking for an experienced goalie to help keep our unbeaten record going. Please send me a PM if you're interested.
europeeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #148
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I play goalie for

Victorious Secret - Iron
Canucks 392 - Brass I

And i may be taking those games for the roflcatzz :P I played 1 game for you guys last season.

I'm looking to play for 1 more team, so if anyone is looking just send me a PM.
HeaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #149
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
damn got whooped by pich refugees. what were they doing in zinc in the first place lol

one of their players were just dekeing the shit out of 3 of our guys lol
Pich refugees raped chrome's top undefeated team Morning Wood 14-2

Last edited by B-DiZzLe; 05-25-2009 at 01:34 PM.
B-DiZzLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityPimp View Post
Pich refugees raped chrome's top undefeated team Morning Wood 14-2
Seriously? PICH Refugees is a strong team. I didn't see 1 player who had trouble skating. I think brass 2 is more of their level. Especially their goalie who's pretty good.