REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

New Years Resolution Updates Anyone??

I know Majin and I were talking about it on another thread...

Seeing if there are any updates for people that had a new years resolution to get in shape (losing weight or bulking up), if they are still in their personal program or if they have taken a hiatus from it.

I guess i will go first to get the ball going:

Yes, i am still living up to my new years resolution to LOSE weight.

Fitness: Still going to the gym or playing hockey on a regular basis, or sometimes both, All my gym sessions consistently have two 20 minute cardio sessions, weights, and core/balance excercises. Balance and stability have increased quite a bit.....i'm skating better than i did when i was 20 yrs old.

Diet: I am still eating the same foods, however, i am re-arranging my food groups that seem to make sense prior to a good night-time sleep. All my carbs are taken prior to 2pm, whereas no carb consumption is taken during the evening unless its a special dinner.

Progress:
Arriving from Hong Kong Holidays (nov 17): 244 lbs.
Jan 1: 238 lbs
Feb 1: 229 lbs
March 16: 215 lbs.
Advertisement
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

wow gj bro
me.. im one of those that make a resolution but dont follow thru
nye 165
now 165

Last edited by cool moe D; 07-15-2009 at 12:09 AM.
cool moe D is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
heh, to me, it's pretty lazy if you're too lazy to bulk up. All you do is eat a ton, and if you go to the gym maybe just 3 times a week you will gain weight
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #4

Thanks Moe...

The diet things seems to be the easier part of the whole thing. Yesterday, had a light breakfast, a heavy lunch with two chicken wraps and Old Dutch potato chips......and for dinner, a HEAP LOAD of chinese food at Kirin Seafood house, with no rice or noodles, or any carbs. Weighed in at night at about 219, and woke up next morning....morning weight of 214.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Retired Mod

Great job RayBot, My goal is to double my mass size by then. So far I am well on my way.
abinga is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

wow raybot, thats awesome. i have also been hitting the gym hard, cardio and weight lifting. cut back all junk food, only eat healthy.. started off at 280lbs in feb, right now im sitting at around 265lbs. still got a way to go, my goal is to drop to about 240 and build up as much muscle i can.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #7

Good stuff 03.....that last 15 lbs should be esay to lose now that you're on track.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I was 189 on Oct 28th and I sit now I'm 218 with my goal of 225 getting close. This is with eating like shit and going to gym on less than optimum regime. I'm plateauing now though so I need to get focused and get some protein powder and a gym partner to help me lift heavy. Also NO leg workout lol.... all upper body. yea yea I know legs are anabolic when you work them out and help the rest of your body... but I'm just to fucking lazy.. also I don't work my back half as hard as I should due to my car accident.

Berz out.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I was 189 on Oct 28th and I sit now I'm 218 with my goal of 225 getting close. This is with eating like shit and going to gym on less than optimum regime. I'm plateauing now though so I need to get focused and get some protein powder and a gym partner to help me lift heavy. Also NO leg workout lol.... all upper body. yea yea I know legs are anabolic when you work them out and help the rest of your body... but I'm just to fucking lazy.. also I don't work my back half as hard as I should due to my car accident.

Berz out.
just do a couple sets of squats once and a while dude
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Started to bulk again. Started 3 weeks ago at 150, now im at 160.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

my goal was to get down to 260 before i started lifting heavy again.

Jan 1 I was 298...today is march 29 and im 274 so im over halfway there.

I do it all in stages...lower my calories week by week, then cutout fast food, then the candy/sweets, then the pop, then drop my carbs down into only my pre and post workout meals. Switching from regular pop to pepsi max ( 0 cal, lots of caffeine and ginseng) got me to drop 9 lbs in 7 days.

At this point Im working out 2 days a week..sticking in the 12-15 rep range....going for the pump and keeping my heart rate up.

once I get down to 260 im going to start lifting heavy and doing intense workouts again which should gain my strength all back fairly quickly and hopefully drop me down below 250. I havent been under 250 since grade 11. Height is 6'4

81 malibu wagon-12 18" woofers, 75 000 watts, 16 volt batts, 4 alternators, 70 cubic foot diamond bandpass...UNDER CONSTRUCTION. BC's first daily driven 160+db street driven vehicle debuting 2010

97 blazer-daily driver project. Will be BC's loudest daily driver. UNDER CONSTRUCTION. LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIP...APPLY WITHIN
Wagonized is offline   Reply With Quote