REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-automotive-chat_153/)
-   -   Vernon car show (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569203-vernon-car-show.html)

4G63T 03-22-2009 03:31 PM

Vernon car show

Hi there,
I don't know if any of you have heard but there is going to be a "tuner" based car show in Vernon on June 28th (Funtastic weekend).
http://www.corpusmonde.com/ (turn off your speakers!)

I met the organizers last week and they are quite professional with lots of experience putting on large shows out east.

Sounds like this could be a lot of fun, but they need people to pre register in order to demonstrate to sponsors that there will be a decent turn out. (so quite procrastinating and sign up to give these guys a chance! lol)

Talking with people about this event I hear excuses like "my car isn't finished" or "no one wants to see my car, it's not a show car" but in reality no car is ever really finished and so what if your car is nothing fancy, you might have an opportunity to inspire some kid to start modding. (a sickness which needs to be spread!)

Any-who, you should all come and tell your friends too, finally a car show in the Okanagan with more than one import!

pintoBC_3sgte 03-22-2009 06:02 PM

hopefully its a huge turnout. allready signed up myself. :D

Dirt Rider 03-23-2009 06:37 AM

is this limited to import "tuner" type cars only?

Slo40 03-23-2009 06:47 AM

$15 is kinda steep for a car show...

jeffh 03-23-2009 07:35 AM

haha who is gonna pay $15 to check out local cars?

Dirt Rider 03-23-2009 12:05 PM

ya i didnt even see the price.. 15 bux for local cars that really u could see any day.. not only that.. i think if they were to open it up to any "modded" car there would be a better turn out..gone are the days when people would pay money to look at 30 civics.. 20 integras.. 1 suppra and 1 rx7...

shows need a bit of spice and variety... imo

jeffh 03-23-2009 02:00 PM

show needs to realize its muddy redneck trucks that are cool, not canned rice mobiles that never see any track duty

id love to see a show with lifted trail ready 4x4s of all makes, right next to purpose built race cars, none of this jdm air freshner BS

Delerious 03-23-2009 02:06 PM

man the hate on this forum is sickening.

Dirt Rider 03-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6343789)
show needs to realize its muddy redneck trucks that are cool, not canned rice mobiles that never see any track duty

id love to see a show with lifted trail ready 4x4s of all makes, right next to purpose built race cars, none of this jdm air freshner BS

totaly, i 100% agree... a show with a nice mix.. 4x4... sportbike.. dieseltruck...as well as the sportcompact/import/eurotrash..

i honeslty think the days are over where you can bring in a large crowd to a show when its only about one genre of automobile.. agian.. just my 2 cents..

jeffh 03-23-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delerious (Post 6343801)
man the hate on this forum is sickening.

dont get me wrong, i dont hate nice imports, far from it. im just tired of the same old Honda-tech cosmetic forum throw on as many high dollar parts as possible, drive it out to take cool tyte pictures of it and never do anything with it, cars. give me a cool purpose built race car anyday, even if it has some character from an off on the track or a rub. show cars are super gay imo

like ash says, toss in a mix of all kinds of stuff, its gonna be hard to fill a show with show car imports

down_hill_dog 03-23-2009 05:08 PM

I'd never pay $15 to see cars from the Valley, there is nothing I havent seen before.

It was funny at this years Vancouver Spring meet, there were so few Hondas I could pretty well count them on all my fingers and toes.

the shocker 03-24-2009 09:42 AM

I have already registered, and if you say it sucks and isnt going to work of course it wont. You have to try and make things work and support the O.K import comunity

jeffh 03-24-2009 09:49 AM

^ rewind 3 years and we ARE the import community in the OK
theres guys that have been here since b4 FnF 1 came out

the shocker 03-24-2009 09:52 AM

Not everyone who owns a import is on RS

solo_ryder 03-24-2009 10:20 AM

I guess going to a show to see/talk other people that enjoy cars is pretty lame.. To bad I dont have a track ready car that I have spent big money on to show off there.. Then it would be worth it. Considering we have alot of race tracks and a buttload of auto-x events here. What was I thinking?!

alexmurovec 03-24-2009 01:47 PM

JeffH just owning this thread

jeffh 03-24-2009 02:49 PM

im not trying to own anything damnit, im just being realistic
and stating what i would pay to see in a car show, dont get your panties all up in a wad

and yes i realise that RS isnt the only import site anymore, but it was 3 years ago, other that kcc but they had 5 active posters back then and they Bant me so they cant be that good

4G63T 03-24-2009 03:02 PM

Someone is doing something positive in the Okanagan Valley and all you do is bitch. Thats not going to help this show out. For all who have entered I will see you there. Let see if we can get some more people and cars out and make this the best show in the Valley.

jeffh 03-24-2009 05:19 PM

not bitching, giving you a reason for a lack of attendance. i guess you will figure it out when it happens. maybe next year you can consider some of our suggestions/comments and make it better

4G63T 03-24-2009 06:25 PM

Things never change on here. Welcome to the interweb.

You pay $15 to ENTER your car, mere mortals view them for free. ALL types are welcome (4X4's, trucks bikes canoes ect) Trying to encourage a more varied turnout from the usual classics which fill all the other shows in the area (not that there is anything wrong with the classics)

JeffH, while you may have seen everything built and or bought in the Okanagan area, not everyone else has. As you all point out out, the "scene" is pretty no existant these days and I look forward to meeting other current enthusiests and encouraging potential ones.

alexmurovec 03-24-2009 06:33 PM

Love the drama

Slo40 03-25-2009 06:51 AM

How about an introduction to who you are and get to know people on the board. Is it you running this show? Where on "earth" are you from? What do you drive? Have you been around here before under a different user name?

down_hill_dog 03-25-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4G63T (Post 6346006)
Things never change on here. Welcome to the interweb.

You pay $15 to ENTER your car, mere mortals view them for free. ALL types are welcome (4X4's, trucks bikes canoes ect)

I look forward to meeting other current enthusiests and encouraging potential ones.

Sounds like it'll be decent. Only problem I see is trying to do it next year when the exact same daily drivers come out with their daily driver warts and all.

From past experience, I encourage NO ONE to get into the car scene. It is a waste of money, hopes and dreams. Find a good investment manager and make some money so that you can buy real cars. :P Gallardo here we come :haha:

4G63T 03-25-2009 07:48 PM

Slo40 it's not me running the show. Its some people that I met through KCL.

I was on this board while ago but left. I throught that I would put up the car show on here. In the off chance that someone might want to show there car, or come to the show. I'm not into the flaming and beaking. If you want to come than come if you don't say home. The import scene is still some what alive in the valley just not here. I'm just doing my part to help it along.

Slo40 03-26-2009 06:42 AM

Who said anything about flaming and beaking? I simply asked if you would let us know who you are and a few things about you. Otherwise this post looks like you just signed up to spam the board - and I'm not saying you are, it just looks that way.

I've never seen a car show that charges the cars to enter and the public gets in free, it's always the other way around. That's what people can't understand, and why new shows fail.