REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Past events RS meets pictures (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569803-past-events-rs-meets-pictures.html)

325ist 03-26-2009 08:15 PM

Past events RS meets pictures

I am just wondering who and if any one is going to update the picture albums of past events on the home page. I am always just going there to show new people (non rs members) what the meets are like and it just seems to them like rs is dead because the last pics are from 5 years ago. I was hesitent to join because I though rs was dead but learned of the contrary upon joining.

Shun Izaki 03-26-2009 10:48 PM

unfortunately, the home page doesn't get tended too very often.

Try the search button... y'know that thing 3rd from the right on the grey bar?

I find the pics just don't do a meet justice..I mean the same nice cars roll out every year, but being there makes a big difference....

CanadaGoose 03-29-2009 03:02 AM

The meets are something you have to experience to truly appreciate, pics never do any justice.

We have helicopters landing, exotics, cars rolling up like wolves in a pack, cops striking JDM poses... and everywhere you go everyone's with you like family

I agree with you though, we should have some more recent material. The fact RS is alive and bumpin' shouldn't be a secret.

!SG 03-29-2009 11:42 AM

c o m p u t e r ? ? ?

bcrdukes 03-29-2009 03:02 PM

i think E N D L E S S nailed it on the spot pretty well.

I joined RS back when I was in high school, didn't have a car, used my bus pass everywhere I went but saw pictures of RS meets. I was thinking "Wow, how lame can this be. A meet at Langara? Please.."

Until I went to one. They're a lot more fun and RS meets are interesting in their own ways from idiots doing burnouts in front of the police, to helicopter landings in the middle of a parking lot and the soda chuggin' contests. :)

+Kardboard+ 03-29-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6354044)

I joined RS back when I was in high school, didn't have a car, used my bus pass everywhere I went but saw pictures of RS meets. I was thinking "Wow, how lame can this be. A meet at Langara? Please.."

Until I went to one. They're a lot more fun and RS meets are interesting in their own ways from idiots doing burnouts in front of the police, to helicopter landings in the middle of a parking lot and the soda chuggin' contests. :)

Ditto. Meets? Friends from the Internet? No wai. :p

Way. :)

Also, there is the fact that RS is open for browsing by non-members, so it's easy for them to poke around and see our meet picture threads.

Shun Izaki 04-04-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6354044)

Wow, thanks for noticiing i said that in a nutshell first >_< LOLLERSKATES!