REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-automotive-chat_153/)
-   -   b16 cams/valve springs/retainers install (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569821-b16-cams-valve-springs-retainers-install.html)

FishTaco 03-26-2009 09:46 PM

b16 cams/valve springs/retainers install

hey guys i am looking for someone to do my valve train/ valve adjustment and timing belt for me on my b16. either a shop or privately(if private, must have ample amounts of experience) so pm prices. looking to start this this weekend. what i need done is

-head removed
-head inspected
-head shaved
-check valve seats
-change valve seals
-put in crower valve springs/crower retainers/crower cams/aem cam gears
-valve ajustment
-timing belt

B20Luder 03-26-2009 10:14 PM

Not sure if you want a Honda shop to do it as it may be more expensive than other shops, but I used to work at Sunshine Honda in Vernon, lots of guys there who are tuner guys and know what they are doing with aftermarket parts.

down_hill_dog 03-26-2009 11:01 PM

Harmony Honda would do a wicked job for ya Brandon.

My question though would be, why are you removing the head to do this work?

mpr 03-26-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_hill_dog (Post 6350398)
Harmony Honda would do a wicked job for ya Brandon.

My question though would be, why are you removing the head to do this work?

because he wants his heads shaved.

most shops would not be able to inspect or shave your heads. You need a machine shop for that.

I do not recommend shaving the heads to increase your compression ratio rather changing your pistons to suit your needs.

down_hill_dog 03-27-2009 07:04 AM

sorry twas late and i missed that.

I don't reccomend shaving the head either, i've never had 100% positive results from doing so.

Talk to Okanagan Engine Rebuilders on bay ave. They have done a fair share of high performance B series. Talk to Kevin or Gerry, good guys to deal with.

jeffh 03-27-2009 02:05 PM

dave or keith @ kns is also great they did a full job on a delslo b16 last year, and they wont do anywork unless you supply them with OE parts as they know everything else is junk (t-belt, valve seals etc)

but you really dont wanna mill the head atall, it messes up the quench space honda put in the head from factory get a higher comp headgasket as you will be having to replace that anyways

FishTaco 03-27-2009 03:16 PM

ok thanks for the info and recomendations guys! ill do some shopping around

FishTaco 05-11-2009 08:50 AM

still looking!

also need help with installing coilovers, foglights, and CTR steering wheel

anyone have any free time ill supply the beer