REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 03-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
12 Rounds - Because shitty movies from the 80s have taught us nothing

[youtube]3-F6GUQo5HQ[/youtube]

Quote:
Detective Danny Fisher (John Cena) is about to have the worst day of his life. A nearly untraceable internationally-known terrorist named Miles Jackson (Aidan Gillen) has kidnapped his girlfriend Molly Porter (Ashley Scott) and forced him into "12 Rounds" of dangerous games carefully plotted throughout the streets of New Orleans. Danny struggles to keep focus while the obvious ticking clocks and crude consequences that accompany each one of these "rounds" do their best to derail him from rescuing the love of his life before it's too late.

Thats basically the plot premise. John Cena is responsible for Miles Jackson (who has the worst Irish accent I've heard in a while, and the actor is actually from Ireland) being captured by the FBI and his girlfriend being run over.

Apparently its common practice to put international supervillains in lockup in Florida because thats where this guy goes to prison. Instead of being extradited to the laundry list of countries he has supposedly committed atrocities in (as mentioned in the first 10 mins of the movie) hes charged with felony evasion (or something, I duno) and goes to general population in a sunny Florida prison.

Anyhow, he (obviously) escapes and instead of going straight for the guy driving the SUV that mowed down his slutty girlfriend he decides that he needs to play an elaborate game with Cena while chewing the scenery in New Orleans. I mean, his girlfriend seems like kind of a whore and its not like he didn't have enough money to actually purchase another human being for companionship. But hey, this is WWE Films here... we're not talking about an Ingrid Bergman-esque study of the human condition.

I mean fuck.. seriously Miles. For the tens of thousands of dollars you put into buying the technology for your super elaborate games and expensive cutting edge technology you could've been in Thailand banging ladyboys and drinking mai tais.

Goddamn...
Advertisement
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #2

Oh and one more thing:

Spoiler!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
anyhow, the camera movement made me sick. its like no one used a stabilizer...

Spoiler!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
...seriously, it stars a wrestler. What were you expecting? Hamlet?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Don't tell me you guys actually wasted your money to see this travesty. Seems like the movie is relying on wrestling fans for the majority of support.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

^They probably are wrestling fans lol
cool moe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
majority ruled, =/ so i went along.

should have went to watch "i love you man!"

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
hahahahaha ima watch this

im totally expecting a failure of a movie.

meh, i watch for free anyways

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetios View Post
Don't tell me you guys actually wasted your money to see this travesty. Seems like the movie is relying on wrestling fans for the majority of support.

I watched it for free care of someone with a blurry shaky noisy camcorder.