REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets View Post
If I were a girl that there quote would be a deal breaker for me.
Are you driving your parents vehicle. Just wondering why a 24yr old doesn't have his own car? Do you take public transportation? I wouldn't bank on the old reliable translink buses/skytrain to service you and your date. Taxi's are hella expensive. Unless you right in the heart of the downtown core I don't see dating would be feasible. Nobody says you have to drive the ballest car out there but a girl is going to respect you far more for you owning a car than to be driving a car that isn't yours.
cars are expensive. I was just seeing a guy that doesn't have a car and I didn't care because I have my a car. He has a license so at least he can drive. imo if a girl doesn't want you because you don't have a car she's a materialistic chick that you don't want anyhow.

REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I'm in the exact same boat. Im 23, this girls 31, and we hit it off whenever were with eachother. All I want to do is hang out and sleep with her, but I just haven't found the right way to approach the situation.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

just hit it for awhile
older women know how to fuck, my buddy has been banging his milf neighbour for the longest time
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #29
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

hit and run
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_alpha View Post
shit. i reread what you wrote and realized i completely read it wrong..
its all good bro

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
just hit it for awhile
older women know how to fuck, my buddy has been banging his milf neighbour for the longest time
NUTS! Is she like, married with a husband at home who doesn't know about it?
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #32
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Wow 30 is considered "old" now?
30 has always been old, especially for a woman hah.

chase her like you would chase any other woman man.

i've dated women 5 years my senior. no different. women are still women.

just try. i find dealing with older women is easier. not because they know what they want, but because they're just more "realistic", lol and they know they have to settle for less. haha... but anyways good luck.

women are the same whether they're 18 or 81, they all like being treated like ladies. Just make sure she treats you like a gentleman.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #33
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm in the same boat with OP as my gf being 26 and I'm only 21. We've been going out for 2 years now and the age thing was never really an issue or mentioned much at all. I don't worry too much about the age since we always have good time together and still are. My question is, is the aging thing only applies at age 30? Some friends did warn me about this but I never thought too serious about this until I read this thread. Should I really be worrying at all later down the road? I'm really not sure if my gf has this age difference bugging her. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread but just thought I would ask the question here instead of creating a new thread.
xpandabl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandabl3 View Post
My question is, is the aging thing only applies at age 30? Some friends did warn me about this but I never thought too serious about this until I read this thread. Should I really be worrying at all later down the road?
You mean as she starts hitting "old" before you do?

Really depends on the person. My wife is 42... if you were to guess her age, you'd probably say 32. Likewise, I'm 40 but regularly get told I look about 30-32. Meanwhile I have younger friends who went completely gray years ago. There's just no telling.

Quote:
I'm really not sure if my gf has this age difference bugging her.
Of course not, she's snagged a younger guy... in 10 years (if you're still together) she'll be the envy of all her friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

WTFFFFFFFF???????!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
wow.. i just been through this last year

If it clicks, it will click.
but just to warn you from my personal experience:
When a woman hits 30, part of them starts to panick, especially those type that wants to settle early.

It's like there an internal clock that tells them they better find a man to settle down quick before their physical aging really start.

Even they might have feelings for you and the relationship seems to be going well, the fact that the younger guy, if he's not established financially and seems to have not settle down mentally, will seems like a risky investment of her time.
Because she might think she is 30 and time is running out, if she dates a younger guy and it doesnt work out after spending ex:2 years down the road, she will be 2 years old and physically aged more and in her head she feels she has less of a chance to find a stable established man. But for the younger guy, he is still in his mid-late twenties and thus still has a lot more time left before time is running out to settle down.

Also if she is the type that's insecured about herself or been cheated on before, the trust issue will be a big headache because she will be extra worry about the younger guy going out and flirt with younger girls that her.
Even if you ensure her she is just shitting her own pants over nothing, she might not be able to get over her own fear because she hit the magic number 30.

And you have to worry about both of you not able to fit in with each other's friends because of the age gap.

And dont be the bitch in the relationship just because she is older. you do NOT want to get whipped by a woman that is temporary disturbed by the fact she is 30 and her mental clock keeps of clicking and have crazy moodswings.

Other than that, good luck, it will be a rough ride.
~designer_rice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #36
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
some of you are 21 and gf are 26, or you're 22 and the girl is like 30

it'll hit you when you're having a tough time stuck earning a 12 / hr job and your gf is earing 60 K and climbing her corp ladder. she'll be going to conferences with her collegues and each time she brings you out for a meeting with her boss, and when you mingle, you're like, oh i work at canadian tire and alll her co-workers are like hedgefund babies / people earning 80k - 100k
i'm not saying it doens't work, i mean u can be at working at Sears but confident as shit and hold youself well. Then again, how many of you are like that.

lastly, girls being 30, acts like they are 21. i dumped a girl fast and quick on that one. i can't see myself taking a girl out meeting my boss during social events and she takes about hello kitty.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #37
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
cars are expensive. I was just seeing a guy that doesn't have a car and I didn't care because I have my a car. He has a license so at least he can drive. imo if a girl doesn't want you because you don't have a car she's a materialistic chick that you don't want anyhow.
Sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one..but I think I'm a special case...but...

I HATE driving anyone...doesnt matter if it's my BF or just a friend...I just HATE it....
It's ok if it's just once in a while...but I wouldn't want to date someone who doesn't have access to a vehicle...

However, I don't care what kind of car it is....a $500 car is better than nothing...
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

spoken like someone on a car forum who doesnt like to drive.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
i'm not saying it doens't work, i mean u can be at working at Sears but confident as shit and hold youself well. Then again, how many of you are like that.
There's a difference between confidence and self-deception. Some guys just put on fake visage in order to fool the girl. In order to have confidence, you actually have to have something going for you.

I think i learnt that from Marco911.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #40
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
some of you are 21 and gf are 26, or you're 22 and the girl is like 30

it'll hit you when you're having a tough time stuck earning a 12 / hr job and your gf is earing 60 K and climbing her corp ladder. she'll be going to conferences with her collegues and each time she brings you out for a meeting with her boss, and when you mingle, you're like, oh i work at canadian tire and alll her co-workers are like hedgefund babies / people earning 80k - 100k

lastly, girls being 30, acts like they are 21. i dumped a girl fast and quick on that one. i can't see myself taking a girl out meeting my boss during social events and she takes about hello kitty.
true...i would think the problem is more like...how financially stable you are, not your age.

let's say you're 25, working at $12/hr job...and your girlfriend is 22 and has degree in Business Admin and got hired with some corporation making $70,000/year. i bet most guys would lose their self esteem or become unsecure about relationship.
your younger girlfriend has higher education, better career, etc.

If your 25 and girlfriend is 30, both of you guys are making similar wage, with similar educational background...don't think you would have as much pressure in the relationship.

I think guys instinctively think they need to be better than their girlfriends or wifes. Think about girls, if their boyfriends make more money, better education...they won't complain regardless of their boyfriends' age.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote