REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

What do you look for in your supplements?

For the people that buy supplements... what exactly do you look for when buying?
Could you also list off the products you buy and why you buy them.

The reason I'm asking is that I found out EI does give out grants to people wanting to start a small business. I have a source for a company that can supply me with supplements all packaged. Pretty much all I would have to do is make labels and put them on.
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Price, 49-59 is a pretty good deal for protien tub 5lb. I usally get the buy one get one 10 bucks off or w/e . Taste is not a huge factor but slightly, since u usually bomb them down. i am not going to sip it like wine. Quality of the protien is very important. i Look for low or none cholesterol, low sugar . I use the 100% whey, been using that stuff for about 2 years now pretty quality protein
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #3

thanx halogod...
That is EXACTLY the response I am looking for...
With a response like that I can create a product to exactly what you want.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Drk
I don't get it

I look for supplements that are tested and work 100% based on scientific fact or from many people that have used it and said that it does what its supposed to do [Multi V's, Protein, Creatine etc.] I don't usually buy stuff that makes outrageous claims that are obviously not true. I'm also not big on the hype machine that goes into some supplements, like huge lead ups and stuff like that. Although I am a sucker for something new and improved, and sometimes try things to see what happens. Please no Nitric Oxide because we all know that sutff doesn't work.
Drk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
thanx halogod...
That is EXACTLY the response I am looking for...
With a response like that I can create a product to exactly what you want.
is that a joke or serious ??? lol
Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #6

I'm serious.. Obviously I'm not gonna make a product JUST for you.. but those are things I can look into when creating products.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

I need something that would help me get more leaner, defined. I'm already bulky/muscular enough. Any suggestion P2k?
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
I need something that would help me get more leaner, defined. I'm already bulky/muscular enough. Any suggestion P2k?
cardio, eat less, if u r already bulky more cardio
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
Price, 49-59 is a pretty good deal for protien tub 5lb. I usally get the buy one get one 10 bucks off or w/e . Taste is not a huge factor but slightly, since u usually bomb them down. i am not going to sip it like wine. Quality of the protien is very important. i Look for low or none cholesterol, low sugar . I use the 100% whey, been using that stuff for about 2 years now pretty quality protein
If you price your product in that range however, I can get ON for around that much and they are pretty much the bench mark. So if your product's protein/calorie ratio, mixability, and taste is just as good and cheaper, only then will I consider your product. If it's inferior and you price it only a few bucks cheaper, I would obviously still consider ON. Creatine is all Creapure anyway, but package deal it with protein and I will consider your product.
Multi V's and Fish oil......I will be looking at the amount of vitamins/EPA & DHA your products offer vs the competitors. Again, package deal it and I will consider. It's a cutthroat industry

Google Atlarge nutrition if you don't know of them. They are a smaller company but can compete because they offer competitive advantages. Their main protein is a mix of whey, casein and egg proteins. They offer their own weight gainers, protein bars, fat burners, creatine in powder or pill form, and own specialty products. And package deal them in "stacks". They back up all their products with information and renowned powerlifters endorse their products. Their business model is almost perfect, but the only thing stopping me from buying from them is the shipping cost/currency exchange to Canada.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #10

Quote:
cardio, eat less, if u r already bulky more cardio
I find that if i eat less, i won't have the energy to workout the next day.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
^slowly ease into it so you don't feel it as much, eventually you will get used to training on less food
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
If you price your product in that range however, I can get ON for around that much and they are pretty much the bench mark. So if your product's protein/calorie ratio, mixability, and taste is just as good and cheaper, only then will I consider your product. If it's inferior and you price it only a few bucks cheaper, I would obviously still consider ON. Creatine is all Creapure anyway, but package deal it with protein and I will consider your product.
Multi V's and Fish oil......I will be looking at the amount of vitamins/EPA & DHA your products offer vs the competitors. Again, package deal it and I will consider. It's a cutthroat industry

Google Atlarge nutrition if you don't know of them. They are a smaller company but can compete because they offer competitive advantages. Their main protein is a mix of whey, casein and egg proteins. They offer their own weight gainers, protein bars, fat burners, creatine in powder or pill form, and own specialty products. And package deal them in "stacks". They back up all their products with information and renowned powerlifters endorse their products. Their business model is almost perfect, but the only thing stopping me from buying from them is the shipping cost/currency exchange to Canada.
I am pretty sure I can do protein for less then what he is saying.
The package deal thing sounds like a good idea.
I used to buy from Atlarge Nutrition so I know what you are talking about.

Actually looking it seems like they have really raised their prices.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #13

As far as cutting fat goes... I'd say the first step would be to cut carbs to only right before and right after training.
Green veggies dont count as carbs though.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
I only buy 'pure' products, not whacky concoctions. In other words, I only buy: Creatine, BCAA, Fish Oil, and Beta Alanine. Nothing like "white flush" or "purple rain" or "green storm" or "red torrent" and shit like that. That shit is all bullshit, so I just stick with the basics.

Unfortunately, your market is not usually that kind of buyer, so you will probably be better off mixing a bunch of crap into a tub of sugar and kool-aid, give it a whacky name with some random colour ( I recommend blue) and it will sell like crazy.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I only buy 'pure' products, not whacky concoctions. In other words, I only buy: Creatine, BCAA, Fish Oil, and Beta Alanine. Nothing like "white flush" or "purple rain" or "green storm" or "red torrent" and shit like that. That shit is all bullshit, so I just stick with the basics.

Unfortunately, your market is not usually that kind of buyer, so you will probably be better off mixing a bunch of crap into a tub of sugar and kool-aid, give it a whacky name with some random colour ( I recommend blue) and it will sell like crazy.
hahaha

what brand of protein do u get if u don't mind me asking/ fish oil/ creatine
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #16

Quote:
hahaha

what brand of protein do u get if u don't mind me asking/ fish oil/ creatine
For protein I only really buy Optimum Nutrition. I use their 100% whey, 100% casein, and have tried their combos (Nitro24 whatever, and Pro Complex)

Creatine: Prolab or Biotest. I have tried cheaper stuff, but it got all clumped up and I had to throw the rest out. And to be honest, I really don't think I "felt" it, but that could be in my head. Oh well, the 'expensive' stuff is only $1-2 more.

Beta Alanine: Now Foods. Cheapest bulk I can get. I have tried Primaforce/Supplement Direct but it was sour and didn't have any effect - in terms of the 'prickling face' effect at least. The Now stuff isn't sour at all, fries my face when I take more than 4g at a time, and am pretty sure it's having a profound effect on my workouts.

Fish Oil: Now Foods Super Omega 3 (or something like that). Has the highest EPA/DHA concentration at the lowest price.

BCAA: Supplement Direct. I bought a 00 capsule filler, and pop them like mad between meals. I also mix it into my drink during workouts too.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
For protein I only really buy Optimum Nutrition. I use their 100% whey, 100% casein, and have tried their combos (Nitro24 whatever, and Pro Complex)

Creatine: Prolab or Biotest. I have tried cheaper stuff, but it got all clumped up and I had to throw the rest out. And to be honest, I really don't think I "felt" it, but that could be in my head. Oh well, the 'expensive' stuff is only $1-2 more.

Beta Alanine: Now Foods. Cheapest bulk I can get. I have tried Primaforce/Supplement Direct but it was sour and didn't have any effect - in terms of the 'prickling face' effect at least. The Now stuff isn't sour at all, fries my face when I take more than 4g at a time, and am pretty sure it's having a profound effect on my workouts.

Fish Oil: Now Foods Super Omega 3 (or something like that). Has the highest EPA/DHA concentration at the lowest price.

BCAA: Supplement Direct. I bought a 00 capsule filler, and pop them like mad between meals. I also mix it into my drink during workouts too.
alright thanks. i use the optimum bcaa, seems not bad. Do you take cassien b4 bed and like mid day snack
Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #18

Skinnypup: did u notice any side effects with creatine? acne, hair loss, heart conditions?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Skinnypup: did u notice any side effects with creatine? acne, hair loss, heart conditions?
u don't get those kind of side effects with creatine usually i am pretty sure. well i dont at least
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #20

Quote:
alright thanks. i use the optimum bcaa, seems not bad. Do you take cassien b4 bed and like mid day snack
I mix it with whey for daytime, and take it by itself at night.
Quote:
Of course not. It's creatine, not steroids.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm a girl...so I want something that's low in fat with a decent taste..
I don't want to get big...I just want something other than sugary cereal
what I've been doing is mixing milk and ON..then adding oating meal...and eating it cold...

obviously i don't want to be eating melamine.
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

For protein I'm looking for something to the quality of ON 100% whey but @ the price they were at a few years ago. That would be awesome
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #23
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
For protein I'm looking for something to the quality of ON 100% whey but @ the price they were at a few years ago. That would be awesome
+1
Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I find that if i eat less, i won't have the energy to workout the next day.
-500 calories everyday you won't notice a difference.
diesel_test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
I'm a girl...so I want something that's low in fat with a decent taste..
I don't want to get big...I just want something other than sugary cereal
what I've been doing is mixing milk and ON..then adding oating meal...and eating it cold...

obviously i don't want to be eating melamine.
lol you can't get big with a protein supplement. That's like saying eating chicken everyday gets you big.
diesel_test is offline   Reply With Quote