REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   Black 350Z, black rims, billet grille, anyone know this car? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/570640-black-350z-black-rims-billet-grille-anyone-know-car.html)

Great68 04-02-2009 06:43 AM

Black 350Z, black rims, billet grille, anyone know this car?

If anyone knows the car I am talking about please smack the driver in the head.

This guy seems to think red lights and left turn only lanes are just suggestions and not rules.

As I was driving to work today going west on Bay street, this guy was behind me. The light at bridge & bay turned red, so I stopped for it. The 350Zetard goes around me in the left turn lane almost clipping the corner of my car, then blows through the red light. The faces of all the other drivers in the intersection had looks of bewilderment.

Is it wrong to wish the delivery truck that was turning left onto bay was quicker in his turn and smashed this 350Z into bits?

Anyways this is a small town, I hope I see him again.

dustinb 04-02-2009 07:00 AM

That intersection is brutal. Same with Bay and Craigflower (or whatever road it goes into).

And I haven't seen that car around.

danny_d19 04-02-2009 07:47 AM

Hopefully you called the cops and reported it

Great68 04-02-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny_d19 (Post 6360990)
Hopefully you called the cops and reported it

He flew by me so quick I couldn't get his license plate :(

I didn't mention that he also cut someone completely off at Bay & Government, where the two lanes merge to one. I watched him in in my rear view mirror as he passed a car on the right side, after the road was already single lane.

He had his front license plate in the windsheild.

Great68 04-02-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinb (Post 6360939)
That intersection is brutal. Same with Bay and Craigflower (or whatever road it goes into).

And I haven't seen that car around.

Yeah, it's a brutal intersection but not usually due to people intentionally running red lights from behind people already stopped at the intersection.

IslandMx3 04-02-2009 09:14 AM

just to think, what if there was a pedestrian or family crossing...

h0tSX 04-02-2009 11:42 AM

Just for kicks, I've got 10 bucks on Persian kid with a silver spoon stuck in his colon.

Stereotypes, they just make things easier.

TheSmokeShow 04-02-2009 12:06 PM

Someone driving like an idiot!? no way!

Victoria SiR 04-02-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6361308)

This

Great68 04-02-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6361308)

There's driving like an idiot, and then there's serious wreckless endangerment of others.

I figured Victoria's a small town, someone might know him and relay the message that he's a tool for me or even better give me his plate number so I can file a police complaint.

TheSmokeShow 04-02-2009 04:55 PM

Next time just get their tags, and call it in. I have a feeling they won't get the message that they are a tool.

Great68 04-02-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6361824)
Next time just get their tags, and call it in. I have a feeling they won't get the message that they are a tool.

I think you missed the part where I said I couldn't get the tags and perhaps someone here might know who he was.

:thumbsup:

ChrisStang 04-02-2009 06:40 PM

I shall keep an eye out for that vehicle.

TheSmokeShow 04-02-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6361824)
Next time just get their tags...

stevo911_ 04-02-2009 10:13 PM

think i've seen it heading to vic from langford once or twice, the driving attitude description seems about right at least

Fleemer 04-02-2009 10:44 PM

i can slam my brakes for a cat if I ever get in front of him..

i don't want to urn over a kitty :(

Eastwood 04-02-2009 11:10 PM

Asshole... Yes. But even if you had his tags, don't call them in.

Imagine if someone snitched on you every time you did something.

This isn't directed at anyone BTW.

Super Dipper 04-03-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 6362663)

if you drive like an idiot, you deserved to be called in.

dont try to justify it.

IslandMx3 04-03-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 6362663)

not call them in??? what's worse, a phone call from the police and possible ticket, or the guilt of a person or childs death on your shoulders for the rest of your life?

Super Dipper 04-03-2009 03:13 AM

on the bright side, we have a resident occifer keeping a watchful eye on whats going on in these parts, so the coppers are probably aware of this vehicle already

Great68 04-03-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6362511)

Thanks for the tip!

Eastwood 04-04-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandMx3 (Post 6362856)
not call them in??? what's worse, a phone call from the police and possible ticket, or the guilt of a person or childs death on your shoulders for the rest of your life?

That's a logical fallacy. I can't answer you're question, because there's a greater number of options.

And no, a child's is horrible, but that could happen just as likely as getting in your car in the morning for the drive to work.

Black SC2 04-04-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 6364929)
And no, a child's is horrible, but that could happen just as likely as getting in your car in the morning for the drive to work.

No, it's far MORE likely to happen if you drive like a dinkface and blow through lights than if you're just commuting at the same pace as everyone else.

IslandMx3 04-04-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 6364929)
That's a logical fallacy. I can't answer you're question, because there's a greater number of options.

just as likely??
following the rules of the roads, obeying speed limits, being aware of pedestrians and side walks and so forth gives a way "less likely" chance of hitting someone than something then turning or speeding through red lights like a D-bag.

Eastwood 04-05-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandMx3 (Post 6365012)
just as likely??
following the rules of the roads, obeying speed limits, being aware of pedestrians and side walks and so forth gives a way "less likely" chance of hitting someone than something then turning or speeding through red lights like a D-bag.

Yeah. Shit happens.

I'm not sticking up for the guy. I'm just saying most of us wouldn't be on this site if they wern't into driving culture; and if people want to act squeaky clean on the net thats fine.

But don't condemn a guy for something all of us have done at some point or another. What he did was wrong, yes, but where can someone judge the line when a driver's actions get carried away.

I wouldn't want someone calling in my plates if I was speeding, and I'm sure no one else on this site would either.

And yes you are putting peoples lives at risk whenever you get in a car. But don't throw in extra criteria that wasn't in the OP to prove your point - obeying speed limits and pedestrians. No offense.