REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #326
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Replays are on PPV all week
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #327
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Is there anywhere in Van where i can find WWE or old WCW Tshirts?

edit; to be specific i wanna find an NWO Tshirt
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #328
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
So there was a rumour last week that officials talk to the wrestlers and crew regarding the company's new structure and goals and how they will be getting rid of "wrestling" in the wwe........ well turns out to be true

its official.. WWE is now officially known as ................ "WWE".... its no longer an acronym

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2011/2011_04_07.html

Quote:
April 7, 2011To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.

About WWE
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly, PG content across all of its platforms including television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 500 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo. Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
its like how KFC is just known as KFC, not Kentucky Fried Chicken.....
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #329

They pretty much did that when they replaced the F with an E. They stopped using the word "wrestling" a long time ago. In fact, last Monday was the first time I've heard anyone say it on TV for quite a while, aside from Daniel Bryan's t-shirt

What's interesting there is that they are going into full buying mode, and will start their own cable channel some time in the next year or two, with "wrestling" just being "part" of what they do.

Pretty much setting themselves up for failure, IMO. They never do well outside wrestling.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #330
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i know wrestlemania is over but didnt say much on it, personally i thought it could have been better thought the hhh vs undertaker match would have been insane wasnt really impressed. surprising snooki did a lot better than i thought she would but my favorite match was probably the orton match or the edge match
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #331
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^ yeah wrestlemania this year was a big dissapointment to me. I expected alot because of the high profile wrestelrs.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #332
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
It's worth noting that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Shawn Michaels, who long harbored animosity towards each other, crossed paths during WrestleMania weekend. WWE.com published a photo of Johnson and Michaels sharing a laugh shortly after HBK had appeared on stage at WrestleMania XXVII to commemorate his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. According to a source, their past animosity was actually settled in 2008 when Johnson inducted his father, Rocky Johnson, and grandfather, High Chief Peter Maivia, into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Johnson's issues with Michaels dated back to when he was a teenager. He long harbored animosity towards Michaels because he felt he was disrespectful to his maternal grandmother (Lia Maivia) at a wrestling show she was coordinating for Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling. His disrespect towards her incensed Johnson, and nearly led to an altercation.

Their issues persisted several years later when Johnson was a rookie starting out in WWE. Bret Hart wrote in his 2007 autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, that Michaels and Triple H disliked Johnson "intensely." Both resented him because he was talented and Hart, a political foe, had taken a shine to him. Many believe they were out to sabotage Johnson so that Hunter would ascend to the top before him, since they were both viewed as the future of the company at the time.

Michaels and Hunter conspired to obstruct Johnson's push in March 1997, who was the Intercontinental Champion at the time. Michaels suggested to Vince McMahon that Johnson lose the title to Hart on an episode of RAW. Meanwhile, Hunter insisted to Hart that he beat Johnson. Their suggestion would serve two purposes — sabotage Johnson's push and take Hart out of the world title scene. Hart, however, refused to beat Johnson. Hart felt it wouldn't build heat for his newly launched heel turn, not to mention that it would undermine Johnson. Instead, Hart insisted on a DQ finish, which infuriated Michaels and Hunter.

By 1999, Johnson had ascended to the top of WWE, going beyond nearly wrestler, including Hunter. Meanwhile, a back injury had forced Michaels to retire and he was relegated to sporadic appearances. Nonetheless, Michaels attempted to politically undermine Johnson by lobbying to McMahon that he be replaced by Hunter in the main event at WrestleMania XV. His suggestion fell on deaf ears.

Johnson stated years later in a 2005 interview with WWE.com that he never had interest in working with Michaels — when asked if he would have liked to.
Interesting...I knew Bret had heat with Hunter + HBK but it's good to see that he stood up for Rocky
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #333
My homepage has been set to RS

I never knew that either. Bret always seemed like a good guy in real life, too bad so many bad things happened to him and his family during his career.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #334

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
...not another one
Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #335
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Adam "Edge" Copeland retires

looks like the injuries caught up to him. Sad, he was pretty damn cool

He really made his mark in the WWE for the TLC matches
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #336

so sad to see edge retire. He was definitely one of my favs. He will be missed
Old 04-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #337
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I have no idea who the new generation of wrestlers are. Until I saw the rock come back I stopped watching all together.

I'm gonna miss Edge. He was part of the extreme era with the Hardys and the Dudley Boys ha ha ha. Good times!
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #338
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Damn steve austin crapped his pants and kept on wrestling... crazy!
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #339
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
As noted late last night here on the website with Ryan Clark's live report, after the SmackDown! taping finished last night in Albany, NY, Christian and Edge hugged in the ring and gave the crowd a "Five second pose." Then the entire WWE roster in attendance, including Triple H, came out on the ramp to pay tribute to Edge.

Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero and Triple H all Edge and Christian in the ring. Edge gave a long speech to the live crowd, thanking everyone from the ring crew to catering on down. He mentioned Kane as one of his closest friends in the business next to Christian and thanked Lita and Vickie Guerrero. He then said he was going home to vacation and lay low and play with his dogs.

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #340

WWE is running out of talented stars fast. Who is left? For faces, it's Cena and Orton on Raw, and Mysterio and... umm... Big Show? on Smackdown.

They are really paying for not pushing guys as stars, instead wanting so bad to "put guys in their place". The first new guy that are doing it properly with is Sin Cara, and that's because he's on a huge contract and is HHH's first "project" as he gains more power in the company.

Hope they learn their lesson quick. They were partway there with SO many people (remember when Kofi Kingston vs Orton at that Raw at MSG last year? or how about Sheamus' monster push that ended abruptly)? but politics always seems to get in the way
Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #341

WWE needs to push some guys quick
Old 04-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #342

I had a dream that jeff hardy came back to take edges place
Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #343

Finally a heel turn for R truth. He was getting boring with his entrances and dancing.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #344

The Awesome Kong vignettes are great, can't wait for her to come in and destroy everyone. Of course then she will get popular, and they'll have to put her in her place after that...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #345
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i was watching TNA wrestling yesterday, MATT HARDY VS STING. Growing up in the age of WCW VS WWF monday night war. ive grown accustomed to the classic superstars. i cant buy into these new talents. I go nuts when an old school wrestler shows up.
elbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #346

TNA is where "old school" wrestlers go when they're not that "old" but can't hang in WWE due to the stringent drug policy.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #347
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Wellness testing FTL!

R Truth's heel turn was brutal. Sin Cara is doing alright so far but the current WWE roster can't keep up with his Libre style just yet. When I Sin Cara all I think is choreographed gymnastics. He needs someone that can work with him. Not sure how much longer Rey has if they are pushing Cara like this. He will really steal Rey's spot as the midget act.

Berz out.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #348

Sin Cara needs to be in the ring with Mysterio not fucking Miz and ALEX RILEY. He's extremely green to the WWE style, but he'll get there eventually.

Bet you anything they move him to Smackdown, where they can edit his matches when people can't keep up
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #349
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Yea for sure Camera man did a good job of hiding a few of his botches. He totally missed a couple moves haha.

Berz out.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #350
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

do you guys remember this? soooo sad

Viva la raza! RIP
canucks_fan2 is offline   Reply With Quote