REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Kyoto Tools

Some cool, quality tools from Japan.

http://ultimatetoolco.com/default.aspx
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
RS controls my life!

I have a metric, 3/8" short socket set and a pair of those slim adaptors. The machining tolerances on both the input and output sides are incredibly tight on the sockets, unlike the other socket brands I have. I've had my eyes on the KTC 3/8" Drive Micro Flex Ratchet (BRC3FS) for some time now, too.

Do you have anything from them?

I fas as I know, there's only ultimatetool and another one down in the states (i prefer the former) to purchase KTC stuff.
autobacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
I have the panel/trim kit. I would like to order those adaptors and the fastener removal tool. The adaptors are on sale right now, so I'll put in the order this week. With the exchange rate the way it is, I'll hold off on the fastener removal tool. I can live with the crappy one from Princess Auto (yes, I actually buy crap from there).
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
RS controls my life!

Just to point out some things about the adaptor.....

They act, not only as adaptors, but also as speeders. The only concern I have with my mine are the magnets that hold the socket in place--I wish they had stronger neodymium magnets placed in there. If you are working on grimy nuts/bolts, you may find the socket detaching from the adaptor to be an annoyance.

I just wish the exchange rate would go back to what it was early last summer. If I would've known, I would've purchased a lot of stuff from down south.

Nothing wrong with purchasing from Princess Auto; I do, too, occasionally....only selectively. I stay away from many of their house brand hand tools, but I look at the American brands they sell: Lisle / Mayhew / Eklind / etc. I did buy a Taiwanese-made, PA brand, 1/4" fine-toothed swivel head ratchet on sale for less than $10; that's a bargain that I couldn't resist.
I'm not scared of Taiwanese-made ratchets in general--some qualify enough to be OEM's for big-name brands around the world.
autobacs is offline   Reply With Quote